Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Occupations on this board

Go down 
+34
Hamer12
Joe
Required Fields
Lari
holydiver97595
Lurideath
Troublezone
Dave the Boss
Wargod
QuothTheRaven
mc666
Addy
James B.
stevegarveyfan
EvyMetal
Leatherface
bassman
Sutekh
exact33
Ricky
chewie
tohostudios
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
allthingsmetal
Garrison4JC
shamgar75
Alex Dee Rokket
Olafsto
metalken
Gilbert
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

Occupations on this board - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:

I am a high school choir director. I teach kids to make beautiful music with their voices all day, then headbanger all night! Before anyone thinks I 'm hypocritical, the bulk of my collection consists of bands with melodic vocalists, Opeth being a glaring anomaly, except Ã…kerfeldt has an incredible clean voice.

I commend anyone who teaches children any sort of musical endeavor. The teaching of music in any form is disappearing from our schools at a rapid pace. My personal belief. music has more merit in the development of childrens hearts minds and souls than most of what schools teach.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:07 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
I'm a CPA, and I DO do stuff for the comp'ny I work for. Smile

Heh...you said do do... Occupations on this board - Page 3 288219

I am a high school choir director. I teach kids to make beautiful music with their voices all day, then headbanger all night! Before anyone thinks I 'm hypocritical, the bulk of my collection consists of bands with melodic vocalists, Opeth being a glaring anomaly, except Ã…kerfeldt has an incredible clean voice.

That he does. Anyone who doesn't think so just needs to listen to Damnation.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 am

I'm a construction worker mostly commercial.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Between gigs at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:25 pm

I hear holding a sign on street corners is lucrative. Occupations on this board - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:27 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I hear holding a sign on street corners is lucrative. Occupations on this board - Page 3 11840

You know it actually is, up in Fargo there are a group of people from Ada area who do this during the summer and from what I've heard they are pretty well off. They do this as a side project. And make a lot of money doing this.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:00 am

Full time American Studies student.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

James B. wrote:
QuothTheRaven wrote:

I commend anyone who teaches children any sort of musical endeavor. The teaching of music in any form is disappearing from our schools at a rapid pace. My personal belief. music has more merit in the development of childrens hearts minds and souls than most of what schools teach.

Thanks for the encouragement for my profession, James. Luckily, the community in which I teach is very arts friendly and I don't think my job will be in jeopardy anytime soon. However, a large school system in Toledo, OH, about 60 miles from where I teach, a school system with a successful choral program, just cut the whole thing. Very, very shocking to the music education community in Ohio. Those of us who value music in the schools need to speak up when school boards begin to consider cuts such as that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Still waiting on an automotive job. I called the service manager to find out the status on my application and it turns out he's on vacation til next week. So I don't know if I haven't been contacted because he didn't get my references, I didn't get the job, or because he's on vacation. The wait and the suspense continues.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:56 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Still waiting on an automotive job. I called the service manager to find out the status on my application and it turns out he's on vacation til next week. So I don't know if I haven't been contacted because he didn't get my references, I didn't get the job, or because he's on vacation. The wait and the suspense continues.

Good luck DB!

I applaud you for trying to better your life and do something you want to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Man, i've been there and it sucks. Be patient and i'm praying you get this job.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks! I just can't work retail anymore. I'm either going to end up killing a cutomer or a difficult mangager. Case in point, at work Saturday night, I had just zoned (cleaned up and faced the merchandise) the cold/allergy isle and was in the process of putting up merchandise when there was a customer hanging around there trying to decide on a medicine. I went to another area to zone while that was happening and when I came back there was cold medicine lying all over the place. I wanted so much to follow the customer and beat the crap out of him. There are several other things that make my job so ubearable. Add to the fact that I make less than $12 an hour and they won't give me full time, I have to get out.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm

I got a raise as the cook position I've been working for a while now. It's nice being able to go to the owners and bitching about how we don't have enough stuff all the time too. I'm head of the kitchen now, and control basically all that goes on in there.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:41 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I got a raise as the cook position I've been working for a while now. It's nice being able to go to the owners and bitching about how we don't have enough stuff all the time too. I'm head of the kitchen now, and control basically all that goes on in there.

so basically we dont want to make you mad if we eat there!!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Add to the fact that I make less than $12 an hour and they won't give me full time, I have to get out.

How many raises have they given you since you started? I hear they start low...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:16 am

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Add to the fact that I make less than $12 an hour and they won't give me full time, I have to get out.

How many raises have they given you since you started? I hear they start low...

That is a pretty common misconception, I actually started over $10 an hour. Wal-Mart only starts low for people with little or no experience. Age, experience, and other factors determine your pay. In retail terms, Wal-Mart pays pretty good. It's retail in general sucks pay wise
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:50 am

first classes start today!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:41 pm

Well I am back to painting houses again. I guess when the going gets tough, then I get called back to paint more houses for people. I am good at it so that pays off, but damn I hate painting.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well I am back to painting houses again. I guess when the going gets tough, then I get called back to paint more houses for people. I am good at it so that pays off, but damn I hate painting.

That always sucks when you're good at what you hate. I'm a very good cashier and pharmacy stocker but I hate both (the former much more than the latter but luckily I don't do cashiering anymore).
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

That always sucks when you're good at what you hate. I'm a very good cashier and pharmacy stocker but I hate both (the former much more than the latter but luckily I don't do cashiering anymore).

I am good at sitting watching tv but apparently the market is flooded now..

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I have to paint my house in the spring and I'm dreading it SO much. I'm saving money to get siding but it will need painted one more time before that happens.*sigh*
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

I am good at sitting watching tv but apparently the market is flooded now..

Hahahahahahahahaha! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Update: I called the guy and it still looks like I might have a job. Unfortunatly, because of the bad freeze, personel have not been in to work so the results will have to wait til the ice melts so I will have to wait til next week to find out. Hell, I'm not sure I'm going to go into work tonight due to the unlighted, up and down area I have to traverse to get to work.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm a (high school) student. headbanger
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:07 pm

exact33 wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

so basically we dont want to make you mad if we eat there!!

We've all seen the movie Waiting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Occupations on this board   Occupations on this board - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Occupations on this board
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next