Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years

Go down 
+8
Getizzyback
Metal Misfit
tohostudios
James B.
thejokeriv
Leatherface
MetalGuy71
akeldama
12 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Empty
PostSubject: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:20 pm

The Cars have revealed they are working on their first album in 23 years.

The new wave band, who reformed earlier this year, have recorded a number of songs at a studio in Millbrook, New York, reports Billboard.

Last week (October 13), the group posted a preview of a new track called "Blue Tip" on their Facebook page.

In addition to the new album, the band have also hinted at the possibility that they might support their first studio effort since 1987's "Door To Door", with a tour.

The Cars surviving members include – singer Ric Ocasek, keyboardist Greg Hawkes, drummer David Robinson and guitarist Elliot Easton, while bassist Benjamin Orr passed away in 2000 after suffering from pancreatic cancer.

The band, whose hit single "Drive" famously soundtracked a montage of the Ethiopian famine at the 1985 Live Aid concert at London's old Wembley Stadium, released their self-titled debut album in 1978, before splitting in 1988.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:06 pm

I guess that tour the other guys did with Tod Rungeren (sp?) lit a fire under Ric Ocasek's boney ass.

Can't say I'm much of a fan, but good for 'em. Everyone else is doing the "reuniting thing", so why shouldn't they get a piece of the action?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:03 am

I remember Ocasek saying one time he'd rather have diarrhea for six months than reunite with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 am

I guess it's it's just what Ocasek needed
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:23 am

or his best friend's girl that used to be his wants him back ?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:38 am

I will forever associate this band and the song "Moving In Stereo" with the famous Phoebe Cates bikini drop scene in Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:44 am

tohostudios wrote:
I will forever associate this band and the song "Moving In Stereo" with the famous Phoebe Cates bikini drop scene in Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

Ohhhhh yea. How many boys were launched into manhood with that clip? Fu Manchu do a wicked cover of that song too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:52 am

There first couple of albums are fantastic, even if that's not my preferred style of music. I never picked up their last two. Depending on how the previews sounds, this is an album I might pick up. "Blue Tip" sounds decent though.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:02 am

tohostudios wrote:

The kicker to that whole scene was Judge gettin caught pullin one off. The best bathroom scene untill dude got his wheeeemie caught in the zipper in that Mary movie.

Laterz

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am

I like The Cars so I'm glad to hear this although I was surprised they reunited. Every Cars album had some good songs on them but the only one good all the way through was the debut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:56 am

Even though i've never been a huge fan I bet I can sing along to at least 10 of their songs.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:57 pm

You Might Think it's too late for this, but maybe they thought it was time to Shake it Up!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Well, I'm Not The One to go off on a tangent but a new Cars album is Just What I Needed so Let The Good Times Roll! I just hope the reunion isn't just Touch And Go.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:43 am

They were one of those bands that defined the 80's. They had many great songs.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:49 am

their first 2 albums are classics, and shouldnt be lumped in with new wave music. After that they stumbled a bit but found a new style in the mid 80's. Good stuff but not great, they sold alot of records but when you fall into the rut of having to make hits records, you live and die by the sword. And they died.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:23 am

And laughed all the way to the bank.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:17 pm

I always loved The Cars, but I'm not too confident this'll be that great of an idea. Would be cool to see them live reunited though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Uh oh it's magic.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:43 pm

I guess they need the money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years   The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cars To Release First Album In 23 Years
Page 1 of 1