Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd album 30 years later

Go down 
+5
assault_attack
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
tohostudios
James B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

2nd album 30 years later Empty
PostSubject: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Some old friends of mine from the homeland of So. California (Riverside/San Berdoo) called Roxanne have recently put out that sophomore release called "Radio Silence". It features guests like Dug P & George Lynch. There are videos up on youtube, but I'm too lazy to post them here. If you dig melodic hard rock with some great harmonies go check them out.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 pm

I'll do it for ya because I checked out this track and I dig it!  The only band I can compare this to is City Boy:

I've listened to this track a couple times now and it still reminds me of something from City Boy's catalog - which is a good thing in my book.

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Followed by this one which I also dig (looks like you're going to cost me money James B. \'arry \'eadbanger )

Just ordered the CD from Amazon.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 4:03 am

Man I listened to that first song and it didn't do much for me but the second one I really dig. Pretty funny video there on the beginning too.Thanks for sharing James, and Toho!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 4:59 pm

I like both those tracks a lot but they sure are pretty different style-wise.
I'll let you know my thoughts on the whole thing once the CD comes.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2018 6:09 pm

Been listening to some of it and it's pretty decent. George seems restrained though, want him to rip.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 3:26 pm

I think I am a little bit more impressed by what I have heard then by the responses here. It's all good!

I am ordering this cd Monday. I never heard of them 30 years ago, But I like what I hear now...

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 5:42 pm

My copy came today and it's solid hard rock. I think a lot of it sounds like Living Color but stylistically it's sort of all over the place. I really like the singer's voice. Good stuff!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm

assault_attack wrote:
I think I am a little bit more impressed by what I have heard then by the responses here. It's all good!

I am ordering this cd Monday. I never heard of them 30 years ago, But I like what I hear now...

cheers cheers

I never heard of them before either but I'm enjoying this CD. The singer has a soulful voice IMO.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 2:57 pm

That's nice. Rat Pak is doing some solid releases these days and that Roxanne is a good example of quality tunage.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 4:49 pm

I find it hard to believe this singer hasn't been in demand for some studio work. His voice is simply outstanding.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 6:00 pm

A contender for my top 10 this year!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 6:18 pm

It's really good isn't it?

I actually like the variety of styles on the album; it keeps it from becoming repetitive.  But I do keep coming back to about 60% of it sounding like Living Color, which is a good thing.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Been listening to some of it and it's pretty decent. George seems restrained though, want him to rip.

Agreed. Nut he probably doesn't want to overpower the tune. Just a guess.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 1:46 pm

Listen to this. It explains what they have been doing for the last 30 years..

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 3:27 pm

I KNEW that Man In The Moon song sounded familiar. I never would have remembered it was on Let It Scream though.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Hellwitch did this with their full-length albums (almost, at 29 year gap):

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Hellwitch/1284
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd album 30 years later   2nd album 30 years later Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd album 30 years later
Page 1 of 1