Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Far So Good So What

Go down 
+20
shamgar75
Joe
Eyesore
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
ryanmetalman
Lurideath
James B.
manny
Addy
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Thrasher73
nevermore
ultmetal
Smindas
INVADERS
Storm_Rider89
Gilbert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hmmm, I would have thought if anything, this album was underrated in the Megadeth catalog. But hey, just one asshat's opinion.
Don't be too hard on yourself.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've always enjoyed, yet always failed no matter how many times I've heard it, to sing along with the fast part of 'Liar'...[/i]
Definitely one of my favourite moments on the album. That and the ending scream of HOOK. IN. MOOOOUuuUuUuTThhhh. Whilst I really enjoy parts of the album, as a whole, I don't think it stands up with what came before or after it. I love half the tracks and the other half I'm really not fussed about.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It's a solid album. On a scale of 10, I'd give it a 6.

What would you give their first two discs, and their most recent one?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:42 pm

I just have fond memories of that album in particular. Whenever we'd hear police sirens, one of my friends would always say "Pull over, sh*thead. It's the cops". Or trying to sing along with 'Liar'. Ya know, stupid stuff like that.

And it has my favorite Megadeth track, 'In My Darkest Hour'. Dave at his most angry & bitter. I love it!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 pm

I think 6 is a fair assessment. It's not as good as the first two and certainly has very little on Rust.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It's a solid album. On a scale of 10, I'd give it a 6.

What would you give their first two discs, and their most recent one?
I think the first two are much the same. Each could make a killer EP, but there's some filler. And the latest is good, probably about the same score I'd give the first three, a 6 or 7.

But I've said before, I'm not the biggest thrash fan. I like groove and melody.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Good album. I don't mind the remaster. I like the vocals on it better than the original.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:02 pm

This album is very underrated. I like this album quite a bit. Dave writes good music. Some killer tracks on this album.

So Far So Good So What - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Great thrash record. Fun to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:23 am

9/10 So Far So Good So What - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:44 pm

My all time favorite Megadeth album by far! I own the original cd and love the mix, there was no need for it to be remastered, the rawness adds to the appeal!

I like every single song a lot, even Anarchy in the UK. I'd go into which ones are my favorites, but I seriously love them all, the only one that doesn't strike me quite as hard for some reason is Hook in Mouth. Still a good song, just a little weaker than the rest to my ears.

Some might think I'm crazy, but I'd take this over Peace Sells or Rust in Peace any day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 1:46 pm

SO FAR SO GOOD SO WHAT is one of my fave Megadeths as well. I was a senior in high school when it came out and it kinda matched my lunkheaded, obnoxious personality at that time. Great soundtrack for a teenager to go out and get into trouble with!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Smindas wrote:
I think 6 is a fair assessment. It's not as good as the first two and certainly has very little on Rust.

So Far ... may be their best. Rust has some "fruity" parts.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:45 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Smindas wrote:

YES
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 5:01 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Smindas wrote:

Based on this statement alone, I think you and I are probably going to fundamentally disagree on everything Megadeth related ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Far So Good So What
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2