Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Far So Good So What

Go down 
+20
shamgar75
Joe
Eyesore
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
ryanmetalman
Lurideath
James B.
manny
Addy
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Thrasher73
nevermore
ultmetal
Smindas
INVADERS
Storm_Rider89
Gilbert
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

So Far So Good So What Empty
PostSubject: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:58 am

What are your thoughts on this Megadeth album?

It's been a regular spinner for me for the last five days.

Amazing Thrash headbanger
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 am

Love the album, very very underatted. Its got some amazing songs on it. Everyone always seems to talk about In My Darkest Hour, and Set The World Afire, of which both are very awesome songs but all the others get overlooked. I really love Mary Jane, really spooky, and really kick ass song with heaps of twists and turns like a lot of the songs off KIMB imo. I love the pure anger in Liar, you can really feel Daves anger. From a vocal standpoint I think its one of Daves strongest showings his snarl is as prominent as ever. I pretty much love every song on this album So Far So Good So What 506406
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:38 am

I love that album. It's my fav by Megadeth. Not their best musically, but it reminds me of when I first got into metal. One of the first metal album my dad got me \m/
The only song I don't care much for is the Sex Pistols cover but other that that, it's awesome.

I much prefer the original mix compared to the remastered version. Everything sound flat as hell on the remaster and the original just sounds more organic. Fair enough, it's drenched in reverb (lol) but it's awesome!

SET THE WORLD AFIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:43 am

INVADERS wrote:
I love that album. It's my fav by Megadeth. Not their best musically, but it reminds me of when I first got into metal. One of the first metal album my dad got me \m/
The only song I don't care much for is the Sex Pistols cover but other that that, it's awesome.

I much prefer the original mix compared to the remastered version. Everything sound flat as hell on the remaster and the original just sounds more organic. Fair enough, it's drenched in reverb (lol) but it's awesome!

SET THE WORLD AFIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Yes I agree, defintely not there best technically, but very raw and angry! Yes I prefere the original too, and that goes for the entire megadeth catalogue, cant beat the original So Far So Good So What 506406
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:21 am

It's generally pretty good, but not one of my favourites. 'Hook In Mouth' and 'Liar' are underrated classics though.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:15 am

I love the original mix of the album. That new mix that Dave released a few years ago with the "orchestration" turned up in the opening track really takes away from the heaviness of the song IMO.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:48 am

I like it, but it's not my favorite Megadeth album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:13 am

nevermore wrote:
I like it, but it's not my favorite Megadeth album.

This is me too.I like the darkness of the album and really dig songs like My Darkest Hour,Mary Jane,and Liar but its far from my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:38 am

Great record.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:48 am

Probably my favorite Megadeth. Might have been the first 'deth album I purchased as a young lad, so that probably has something to do with it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:12 am

Its one of the few Megadeth albums I dont have
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 am

A great album and one I used to spin alot back in the day. Not my favorite Megadeth but close to it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:31 am

me like

Laterz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:51 am

This is my favorite Megadeth album! Every song on it is top knotch!
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:07 am

I really dig it. One of my favorite songs is "502."
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:20 am

I think this is my favorite DETH disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:36 am

Amazing thrash album, what else can you say?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:43 am

Awesome album! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Fantastic album ! If you don't have it , you should get it. It's a must-have
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:

What are your thoughts on this Megadeth album?

It's been a regular spinner for me for the last five days.

Amazing Thrash headbanger
Overrated.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Overrated.

... compared to what exactly?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Overrated.

I'm not comparing at all. It's just not as great as many claim. Opinion alert! Maybe, had I heard it when it came out, my opinion would be different.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Overrated.

I'm not comparing at all. It's just not as great as many claim. Opinion alert! Maybe, had I heard it when it came out, my opinion would be different.

So how should it be rated in your view, if you think it is overrated? That is my question.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:09 pm

Hmmm, I would have thought if anything, this album was underrated in the Megadeth catalog. But hey, just one asshat's opinion.

I've always enjoyed, yet always failed no matter how many times I've heard it, to sing along with the fast part of 'Liar'...

Start trouble, spread pain
Piss and venom, in your veins
Talk nasty, breathe fire
Smell rotten, you're a liar
Sweat liquor, breathe snot
Eat garbage, spit blood
Diseased, health hazard
Scum bag, filthy b*stard
Greasy face, teeth decay
Hair matted, drunk all day
Abscessed, sunken veins
Rot gut, scrambled brain
Steal money, crash cars
Rob jewelry, hock guitars
Rot in hell, it's time you know
To your master, off you go

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:33 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Overrated.

So how should it be rated in your view, if you think it is overrated? That is my question.
It's a solid album. On a scale of 10, I'd give it a 6.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Far So Good So What   So Far So Good So What Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Far So Good So What
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next