Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

Number of posts : 51

Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Empty
PostSubject: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:39 pm

This was my first time seein Exodus, and I believe it was there second time coming to Brisbane and Australia for that matter. Despite the disappointing turnout (which is not a surprise considering it was a Monday nite) Exodus tore it up! They played a mix of songs from the last two albums plus a few off Bonded By Blood, and some Zetro classics. If I can rember rightly the set was
1.The Ballard of Leonard and Charles
2.Beyond the pale
3.Iconoclasm
4.Children of a Worthless God
5.Piranha
6.Blacklist
7.A Lesson In Violence
8.Deathanphetamine
9.Strike of the Beast
10.War Is My Sheppard
11.Bonded By Blood
12.Toxic Waltz
13. Good Riddance
(Pretty sure that was it) Even though the set was shorter then i would've liked it was still an awesome show. And before the show I went in with the attitude that i wasnt a huge fan of Rob Dukes, but the newer material sounded pretty awesome live, and he did a stellar job performing the older songs. I have to say he's a pretty awesome frontman. And as for the rest of the band they sounded really tight, not a hitch. Gary Holt was goin' off as was Lee Altus, and Tom Hunting what can you say about him, probably the best thrash drummer ever imo. What really topped off the whole night for me was getting Gary Holt's pick headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm glad to know you had such a great time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Nice dude! Same thing happened to me, I didn't like Dukes, but hearing him do the classics (they only played songs from the first three albums when I saw them) totally changed my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:21 pm

adrian wrote:
Nice dude! Same thing happened to me, I didn't like Dukes, but hearing him do the classics (they only played songs from the first three albums when I saw them) totally changed my opinion.

Man, I wish they played sum songs off Pleasures of the Flesh, and another song off Fabulous Disaster rather than Toxic Waltz (love that song btw). I should'nt complain its not everyday that you have Bay Area Thrash legends playin in your neighbourhood Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) 604261
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Yeah they played Last Act of Defiance, Fabulous Disaster, Toxic Waltz, and Brain Dead from the Zetro era, the rest were off Bonded by Blood.

I had to drive nearly 6 hours for that show though.
Back to top Go down
Storm_Rider89
Metal novice
Metal novice
Storm_Rider89

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:04 am

adrian wrote:
Yeah they played Last Act of Defiance, Fabulous Disaster, Toxic Waltz, and Brain Dead from the Zetro era, the rest were off Bonded by Blood.

I had to drive nearly 6 hours for that show though.

Holy cow 6 hours thats dedication, totally worth it but Smile
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:20 am

More like 5 1/2 but still. Not enough good bands come my way so seeing three of my favorites was well worth it. (And meeting Rob Dukes and the guys in Testament was great)

I'm considering making an even longer trip in December to go see Forbidden.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:21 am

They need to work in more older tunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)   Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saw Exodus last nite!! (holy smokes)
Page 1 of 1