Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tokyo Blade news

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

Tokyo Blade news Empty
PostSubject: Tokyo Blade news   Tokyo Blade news Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Quote :
The newly revamped lineup of the NWOBHM band TOKYO BLADE — featuring Andy Boulton (guitar) John Wiggins (guitar), Andy Wrighton (bass) and Steve Pierce (drums), alongside new singer Nicolaj "Nick" Ruhnow (IRONY, VOIVITTU, DOMAIN, HELLFORT) — has set "1000 Men Strong" as the tentative title of its new album. The CD, which will be mixed in "approximately three weeks," is being helmed by veteran British producer Chris Tsangarides, who has previously worked with THIN LIZZY, Y&T, FREE, BLACK SABBATH, IAN GILLAN, JUDAS PRIEST, OZZY OSBOURNE and ANVIL, among others.

Commented the band: "We are treating ['1000 Men Strong'] as [our] third album, or the third album that should have been, so to speak. We view it as the natural follow-up to [1984's] 'Night Of The Blade' as the songs hark back to the glory days of NWOBHM.

The group added, "We have deliberately recorded the whole thing in a very live manner in just over a week (real time) as albums were recorded [back in the early '80s]. No keyboards, no ox manur — just 100% heavy metal helped considerably by the talent of our new vocalist, Nicolaj, and classic heavy metal producer Chris Tsangarides."

TOKYO BLADE in July parted ways with vocalist Chris Gillen — only eight months after announcing Gillen's addition to the group.

TOKYO BLADE's current lineup is:

Andy Boulton (guitar)
John Wiggins (guitar)
Andy Wrighton (bass)
Steve Pierce (drums)
Nicolaj "Nick" Ruhnow (vocals)

TOKYO BLADE is managed exclusively by Lozen Brown Bear and Joe Bear DeVito (Strange Brew Promotions).

The album that should have followed Night of the Blade? Hopefully they mean that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

Tokyo Blade news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade news   Tokyo Blade news Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 pm

I pre-paid for this album back in Feb or March. Good news indeed.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Tokyo Blade news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade news   Tokyo Blade news Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:02 am

Sounds great, hope this album lives up to that. Haven`t heard much from their later albums, but their first two are classics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Tokyo Blade news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade news   Tokyo Blade news Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 am

Sounds good.One of my favorite NWOBHM bands!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Tokyo Blade news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade news   Tokyo Blade news Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:30 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
I pre-paid for this album back in Feb or March. Good news indeed.

Me too. Great news.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tokyo Blade news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Blade news   Tokyo Blade news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Blade news
Page 1 of 1