Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The underrated Overkill albums

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ultmetal
DallasBlack
INVADERS
krokus
MetalRob331
Required Fields
vanillaviking
Fat Freddy
Alex Dee Rokket
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The underrated Overkill albums   The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

As for Skates - well he hasn't been as negative about Overkill as Gustafson (at least not that i can tell) but I feel he too is trying to claim a lot more credit than he really deserves.

I could be wrong I may be just looking at these two guys as bitter and jaded, however, I think they should move on to better and more constructive things.

I never paid much attention to this, though I'd heard how very vocal he [Rat] is about his perceived role in Overkill. Then I googled an interview last week to determine exactly when he left the band (month..hell, day?) & GOOD GOD it was hard to get through. Correcting the interviewer on what is opinion & how it's actually FACT in his eyes, bringing up his importance again & again & emphasizing how much they went downhill after his albums. Then not wanting to answer many questions because the interviewer could just watch for the answers in his movie. I can't imagine being around him in person!?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: The underrated Overkill albums   The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:00 am

Quote :
Without a doubt he contributed to their success but ultimately it is endurance and longevity that matters here.

At least half their live set to this day was written by the original line-up.

Quote :
Just look at the nature of this thread: we are talking about albums that were released many years after both Rat Skates and Bobby Gustafson left the band, and most of us seem to at least like the newer albums as much as their 80s albums.

I don't. Not by a long shot.

Skates has been critical in ways, but frankly I agree with his criticisms.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The underrated Overkill albums   The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:38 am

[quote="Temple of BloodI don't. Not by a long shot.[/quote]

I believe that's why he said "most of us".
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: The underrated Overkill albums   The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:26 am

krokus wrote:
I HEAR BLACK was very comercial sounding, a little like THE RITUAL by TESTAMENT, both influenced by the BLACK ALBUM. .

Are you out of your mind? I hear Black is one of their most underrated albums sure I do agree with you that parts of it sounds abit like Metallicas black album but considering they were on a major label at the time they have done remarkably well and they mostly are influenced by Pantera and maybe slightly by Kyuss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The underrated Overkill albums   The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:06 am

I Hear Black gets hammered on a little too much, it's a good album...hampered by a dry as the Sahara production and a track order that I don't think gives the album the correct flow it needs.

Weight Of The World, Ignorance & Innocence, World Of Hurt, Spiritual Void, Undying...some killer tunes!

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The underrated Overkill albums   The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:20 am

I love I Hear Black which introduced me to the band. Everytime I listen to it I get so nostalgic for my early days as a metal fan.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The underrated Overkill albums   The underrated Overkill albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The underrated Overkill albums
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2