Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underrated Metal albums

Go down 
+7
Stender
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Lurideath
the sentinel
INVADERS
Gilbert
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Underrated Metal albums Empty
PostSubject: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 8:07 am

It's so weird that some albums are somehow underrated and receive negative reviews, although being quite good. For example, i read some very negative reviews about helloween's dark ride and better then raw. Yet, when i actually got them, i realized how awesome they really were. Same goes with many other albums (such as Maiden's fear of the dark). That makes me wonder how reliable reviews are?
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 am

Better than Raw is my fav Helloween album and Fear of the Dark is an awesome album.
The X Factor gets alot of flack but i think it's a great album.
Priest's Ram it Down also gets alot of stick but it's a good album. Hard as Iron is one of Priest's best songs!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:40 am

I have said many times here that I love Priest's Ram It Down and have since the day it came out. As for reviews, they are not always reliable due to the fact that the person reviewing a particular album may or may not be a fan of that particular artist or genre. The bigger the publication, the less I trust the review. If it's from here (and it's someone like eyesore or FF) then I believe it; or if it's from Metal Metropolis or NLTM, then I am safe. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Reviews are usually failed musicians that are jealous they aren't releasing anything. I don't count on reviews much unless the person has built his reputation in reviewing what I like and they like the same stuff. It don't happen much, I'll say that.

I agree though, The Dark Ride is a great album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:16 pm

The Dark Ride is a great Helloween CD IMO.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Half of my collection could probably be considered "underrated" ...

I'd say the entire Helstar catalog. Great, great band that never got any props.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Some underated albums in my opinion...

Ultimatum-Symphonic Extremities
Savatage-Streets
Wasted Youth-Black daze
Eviction-The world is hours...away
Kreator-Endless pain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Gilbert, if you do a search for the world "underrated" you'll find about 15 different threads that people have posted about this very topic. Might save some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Drift by Flotsam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Who gives The Dark Ride a bad review? I think that's a great album, but also ridiculously overrated. Everyone gushes over that one, and it baffles me. Very good album, but no classic. Better Than Raw is much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:36 pm

When Dark Ride came out it received some bad press so I think people have swung the other way.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 am

Evanescence - The Open Door

flame away....

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 am

detuned wrote:
Gilbert, if you do a search for the world "underrated" you'll find about 15 different threads that people have posted about this very topic. Might save some time.

True, but some in my book would be...

Dark Angel - Leave Scars (when you consider the two albums it came between)
Overthrow - Within Suffering (too bad they split up after this, their first and only album)
Razor - Custom Killing (the one Razor album no one seems to talk about, mainly because it was never officially released on CD. I think a re-issue, on CD, is long overdue)
Monstrosity - Millennium (the best death metal CD of the late 1990s)
Devastation - Signs of Life (fans of extreme thrash should go ballistic over this one)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:42 am

mc666 wrote:
Evanescence - The Open Door

flame away....
That album is awesome! I don't care what the haters say.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:56 am

detuned wrote:

If this thread is not to your liking , you don't have to join it. Besides, do you own this board?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:58 am

Required Fields wrote:
detuned wrote:

True, but some in my book would be...

Dark Angel - Leave Scars (when you consider the two albums it came between)
Overthrow - Within Suffering (too bad they split up after this, their first and only album)
Razor - Custom Killing (the one Razor album no one seems to talk about, mainly because it was never officially released on CD. I think a re-issue, on CD, is long overdue)
Monstrosity - Millennium (the best death metal CD of the late 1990s)
Devastation - Signs of Life (fans of extreme thrash should go ballistic over this one)

But there are so many threads about underrated albums. You could have done some research. Saves time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:54 am

Gilbert wrote:
detuned wrote:

If this thread is not to your liking , you don't have to join it. Besides, do you own this board?

Gilbert, are you a raging dickhead in real life or just on random message boards?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 am

Was that necessary? I'm still respecting you, spectrefate...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:18 am

Gilbert wrote:
detuned wrote:

Wrong response. We're just trying to "show you around", so to speak...give you a guided tour of our beloved home and let you see the lay of the land. We're not trying to tell you what to do. Check the 'tude, bro.

The "Search" function is there for a reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:27 am

Gilbert wrote:
Was that necessary? I'm still respecting you, spectrefate...

What does this PM mean, Gilbert?

Underrated Metal albums Image2-4

Why should I be careful?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:31 am

watch ur language man. that's it. the term you used is inappropriate buddy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 am

Nipping this one before it gets out of hand...plus, there are PLENTY of other "Underrated ______" threads...use one of those.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Gilbert wrote:
detuned wrote:

He owns the board more then you, because he's been here longer. He was just trying to point you towards some posting eticette, and what we here like to call RULES. Might wanna reead up on them.

Oh, and YES, I do own the board!

PostSubject: Re: Underrated Metal albums   Underrated Metal albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underrated Metal albums
Page 1 of 1