Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Criminally Underrated albums topic ...

Go down 
+20
MetalGuy71
James B.
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
moonspell67
Glower
Hadley
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
akeldama
Stender
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
mc666
Troublezone
Gilbert
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
anthrax_fan
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Empty
PostSubject: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:25 am

There are Lots to mention on this issue . Some few I can remeber : Fates Warning - Inside Out . Nuclear Assault - 3rd World Genocide and Somehting Wicked . Deliverance - Assimilation and What a Joke . The list goes on and on and on ...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 am

Testament-Souls of Black
Slagged a lot but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Sepultura - Schizophrenia; this album almost never seems to get mentioned when people talk about how awesome Beneath the Remains and Arise are (rightfully so on those two, especially the former, one of my top five metal albums ever).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Flotsam And Jetsam - My God

I don't see this one get a lot of mention, but I think it's a phenomenal album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 pm

007 wrote:
Flotsam And Jetsam - My God

I don't see this one get a lot of mention, but I think it's a phenomenal album.

I couldn't agree more. This is a fantastic album. Was lucky to find a copy at a tiny record shop in paris earlier this year.

Tankard's zombie attack should also rank high among the speed/thrash classics of the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I agree with Souls of Black and My God. I would also add Overkill's I Hear Black and Kreator's Outcast. I think they're better than what the general consensus made of them...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Sepultura - Against. I love the hardcore influence on this one. I think a lot of people initially dismissed it originally due to the shock of no Max. People dismiss it now because it wasn't a continuation of Roots (which was the first Soulfly album)

Fear of God - Toxic Voodoo. People seemed not to care for the heavier, less gothic sound from their first one. I thought it was a great piece of doomy groove metal.

Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death. As much praise as Sepultura, Demolition Hammer and other get (and deserve), I hate that this kickass band/album is almost never mentioned.

Wehrmacht - Shark Attack. Classic crossover album on par with anything Suicidal, Ludichrist, Hirax, or Crumbsuckers were putting out at the time.

Life of Agony - Broken Valley. Just a terrific hard rock album that was all but over looked because people still expect River Runs Red II.

anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh is a pretty underrated album .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Dokken's Dysfunctional was a pretty legit comeback album but it was pretty much ignored.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:
There are Lots to mention on this issue . Some few I can remeber : Fates Warning - Inside Out . Nuclear Assault - 3rd World Genocide and Somehting Wicked . Deliverance - Assimilation and What a Joke . The list goes on and on and on ...

Agreed on Inside Out. Different, sure, but it's a damn good album. I'm likely more forgiving because it was my intro to Fates Warning.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm

mc666 wrote:
Fear of God - Toxic Voodoo. People seemed not to care for the heavier, less gothic sound from their first one. I thought it was a great piece of doomy groove metal.

Life of Agony - Broken Valley. Just a terrific hard rock album that was all but over looked because people still expect River Runs Red II.

Toxic Voodoo is a really good album. "Beyond the Veil" is such a badass opener! And Dawn's voice...man, so f*cking good. Shame she died.

I also really dig Broken Valley. Not their best, but a great one. I'm loving the two tracks they've released from their upcoming album, too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Metallica's Load and Reload. I understand why these albums don't sit well with many Metallica fans, but I think they're both excellent. Rock albums, for sure, and not what Metallica was known for at the time, but that doesn't make a difference to me. To me, they're the last great Metallica albums. Wish they'd have continued in that direction instead of trying to force the whole "thrash metal" thing on subsequent albums.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Metallica's Load and Reload. I understand why these albums don't sit well with many Metallica fans, but I think they're both excellent. Rock albums, for sure, and not what Metallica was known for at the time, but that doesn't make a difference to me. To me, they're the last great Metallica albums. Wish they'd have continued in that direction instead of trying to force the whole "thrash metal" thing on subsequent albums.

I've been getting into Load in the last couple of months. I wasn't a big fan of the self titled album either, so it's not like I avoided it because I thought they sold out or something. I just fell out of love with Metallica around 1990. Didn't get back on board until St. Anger (which I like & heavily mocked for). Since then I've been going back & kind of rediscovering the post Justice albums. Load seems to be the strongest, song wise, of the lot of them. Really not a bad album.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Cro mags- 'near death experience'

Seems like people only like to talk about age of quarrel, and even lesser best wishes, but there was some killer stuff on this album, the new vocal styles by John Joseph are cool and not really present on other cro mags albums.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Black sabbath- Forbidden

People talk so so so much shit on this album because they don't like ice cube, but whatever thats like one song, the rest in my opinion is actually really good.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Metallica-Load & ReLoad
Megadeth-Risk
Black Sabbath-Forbidden & Technical Ecstasy
Extreme-Waiting For The Punchline
Motley Crue-S/T
Kreator-Endorama
Led Zeppelin-Presence (a lot of people I know pan it and it's my fave Zep)
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Anything I say is gonna get slagged. So, I will let ya have at this one: Bride - Snakes in the Playground
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Stender wrote:
Black sabbath- Forbidden

People talk so so so much shit on this album because they don't like ice cube, but whatever thats like one song, the rest in my opinion is actually really good.

Oh yeah I agree completely.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Wasn't Snakes pretty much Bride's most popular album?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I've been getting into Load in the last couple of months. I wasn't a big fan of the self titled album either, so it's not like I avoided it because I thought they sold out or something. I just fell out of love with Metallica around 1990. Didn't get back on board until St. Anger (which I like & heavily mocked for). Since then I've been going back & kind of rediscovering the post Justice albums. Load seems to be the strongest, song wise, of the lot of them. Really not a bad album.

Load is probably the catchiest of the two, so I guess I'd agree that it's better. Not by much, though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Biggest problem with Forbidden was the crappy recording sound.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

I Hear Black by Overkill is such a FANTASTIC album . I´d describe it as a somewhat "sludge thrash" or something . Heavily influenced by Black Sabbath . Traditional Heavy Metal roots still present . a solid album , that doesn´t get the recognition it deserves .
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Megadeth-Cryptic Writings. Maybe slightly more commercial , but I found Trust, The Disintegrators, Mastermind, Vortex, She-Wolf, and FFF to be solid songs.

Hammerfall: Chapter V-Unbound, Unbent, Unbroken. This album contains one of my all time favorite Hammerfall tunes in Fury of the Wild, and the rest of the album isnt half bad either.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 8:01 am

Metallica-Load & ReLoad - is criminally underrated ? !! ?
I will say this, re-listening to a CD, does,
sometimes make you appreciate the band, the release date, a little more.
For instance, yesterday, in my car, on the highway, rainy out,
I got my CD wallet...and took out Paul DiAnnos Battlezone "Children of Madness"
By the time the sixth song was playing -
it was like I had awakened...and thought " this is a damn good release "
and DiAnno - was - part of the original Maiden line up.....
So that's my choice !
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2017 9:14 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
Exodus - Pleasures of the Flesh is a pretty underrated album .

It is! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Criminally Underrated albums topic ...   Criminally Underrated albums topic ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Criminally Underrated albums topic ...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next