Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cliff Burton

Go down 
+17
Troublezone
onrypt
Leatherface
chewie
bassman
metalinmyveins
James B.
thejokeriv
ultmetal
GrandNational
Olafsto
Gilbert
manny
shamgar75
Alex Dee Rokket
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Hard to believe that this week will be 24 (!) years since the tragic passing of Cliff Burton.

Let's all pause for a moment and give props to "the major rager and the four string motherf**ker!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Wow damn nearly a quarter of a century ago!

Time does fly.. although I got into Metallica around 1994-95 (about 15 years ago) it only feels like yesterday.

What an amazing musician! RIP!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:48 pm

R.I.P. Cliff
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:09 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9877

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:02 am

We miss the man a lot
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:09 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:14 am

So lovin' seeing that Rickenbacker in his hands being ripped to shreds. Memory Eternal!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 am

WHIPLASH! One of the coolest thrash songs ever written! Cliff Burton  11840

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 am

Definitely one of those "I remember where I was when I heard the news". That day sucked a ton of ass.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:46 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Definitely one of those "I remember where I was when I heard the news". That day sucked a ton of ass.

Yep - I remember that day, what a downer day

RIP Cliff!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

What dude said !

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:29 pm

I took a walk with my father this morning, and I actually brought Cliff's death up. I went over all the events, and then told him that the guy has been dead for 24 years, and that he lived for only 24 years. This is even more significant to me, due to the fact that I can't fathom that he's been dead longer than the man was alive.

I also remember where I was when I heard about Cliff's untimely passing. The fact that news traveled much slower back in those days, I remember the following day after school (before tennis practice), when one of my teammates brought it up. I can't say that this news moved me as much back then, as it had been only about 8-9 months previous to this day that I started listening to Metallica. Needless to say, I began to understand the man's impact with every passing day since September 27th 1986.

God bless Cliff Burton

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
UNCLE SAXON wrote:

Yep - I remember that day, what a downer day

RIP Cliff!!!

Yep, I remember too. It was late at night when my brother first heard the news on a metal radio show called "Midnite Metal." He was listening to the show w/headphones on cuz I was asleep (we shared a room at the time). All of a sudden he's shaking me awake like "Dude, dude, wake up! Cliff Burton from Metallica died!" ... of course at first I was half asleep so it didn't quite register and I was like "Mmm-hmm, yeah, Cliff Burton, OK, whatever, leave me alone, me sleep now..." then the words sank in and I sat straight up in bed like "WHAT THE F**K DID YOU SAY?" .... there was no way I was getting back to sleep after that, so he unplugged the headphones from his radio and we both sat up and listened to the rest of the show together till the wee hours of the morning. I remember there were on-air phone calls from Charlie and Scott from Anthrax about the tragedy as well as regular listeners sharing their grief and stories.

Naturally we both went to school the next morning with our Metallica t-shirts on (dragging our asses since we'd both been up almost all night) and spent the day with our fellow metalheads under a black cloud of sadness.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:22 pm

An awesome bass player who was and still is very influential to bassists in all forms of thrash and extreme metal styles. He showed that the bass doesn't always have to follow the rhythm guitar, there is room in metal for real bass lines that contribute something meaningful to the song. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:07 am

I remember drinking a toast to him in the park we young punks used to hang out at..... It was nighttime, of course. A sad day.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 am

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 am

Cliff 'em all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Cliff was one of the best. He helped make Metallica sound huge... RIP
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:48 pm

The best damn bass player that Metal ever gave birth to. A true giant.

....btw, I was wondering, has anyone ever heard or seen anything of Cliff when he was with Trauma?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:33 pm

What a drag. Big influence on me, bass-wise.

RIP Cliff, you are missed.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:14 pm

25 years ago today. Wow, that was a quick quarter century. Sad

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:04 pm

I thought this was kinda cool. Cliff's bass playing from the song 'Orion'. Enjoy!

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thought this was kinda cool. Cliff's bass playing from the song 'Orion'. Enjoy!

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Easily the best instrumental Metallica ever managed.

It was all downhill after Cliff passed away, that's for sure.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 9:40 pm

35 years later. Where has time gone? Cliff Burton very much missed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cliff Burton  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cliff Burton    Cliff Burton  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cliff Burton
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next