Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...

Go down 
+27
mr.electric39
metallicleora
JBall_Z
Ultimate.Nightmare
thejokeriv
allthingsmetal
Smindas
Troublezone
bassman
tul
Olafsto
tohostudios
jstate
Ben Grimm
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Waylon
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
manny
sheets
kmorg
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
ultmetal
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 pm

I've seen Wasp 3 times and the last time I seen him was the last time period. The band isn't even that good live anymore so I guess it wouldn't matter what songs he does or doesn't do anymore. There is no life, no metal spirit anymore in Wasp. At least thats how I feel.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I've seen Wasp 3 times and the last time I seen him was the last time period. The band isn't even that good live anymore so I guess it wouldn't matter what songs he does or doesn't do anymore. There is no life, no metal spirit anymore in Wasp. At least thats how I feel.

Actually the last time I saw them, Lizzy Borden opened up the show and blew WASP off the stage IMO.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 pm

The last time I seen them here in Vegas they were boring. I almost had a better time getting into this fight I was about to get into. Wasp was better than the opening bands (who shouldn't have played anyways) but that doesn't really say much. haha

The background vocals were horrendous and Blackies voice was shot. He spent more time on his dumb mic stand toy with handlebars than he did anything else.

I know I sound completely negative, but hell, its the truth!
Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Actually the last time I saw them, Lizzy Borden opened up the show and blew WASP off the stage IMO.

Plus, Lizzy is not a jerk like Blackie.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 6:36 am

I loved them the last time I saw them. The show was about the music, and not the gimmicks. They sounded gret in my ears!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:03 am

I've only seen W.A.S.P. once live which was 2005 (I think) and it remains one of my all time favourite concerts. It was in a small town in Wales called Ebbw Vale and they were playing a leisure centre. The gymnasium had been converted in to a stage for the night, it was surreal.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:55 am

In my opinion, the song isn't THAT great anyway. Of course, I didn't discover W.A.S.P. until they released their first full length, so that song isn't nearly as important to me as "I Wanna Be Somebody" or just about anything else off of their first two albums.

Anyway, I'm excited that Blackie has returned to his faith. I find it inspiring. God Bless you, Blackie.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:12 pm

My problem with the whole statement is not his declaration of faith or he has felt has 'grown' or any of those things, but he mentioned Alice Cooper as a person who does not perform certain songs from his past, the difference is Alice never made a big deal which songs he refuses to perform nor am I aware of any interview where Alice had pointed which songs this maybe or made a major deal out of leaving a certain song or songs from his set.

Listening to W.A.S.P. debut this afternoon most of those songs do display a Christian viewpoint, on the bright side it should make it easier for Blackie to create a set list since he can by pass more then half of his discography.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 am

I'm glad for Blackie and glad he is being himself. He may be a different sort but I'm glad he's still in the metal community. I would miss his extremely dramatic personality.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:15 am

manny wrote:
My problem with the whole statement is not his declaration of faith or he has felt has 'grown' or any of those things, but he mentioned Alice Cooper as a person who does not perform certain songs from his past, the difference is Alice never made a big deal which songs he refuses to perform nor am I aware of any interview where Alice had pointed which songs this maybe or made a major deal out of leaving a certain song or songs from his set.

Agreed. It would have probably been better to quietly, simply stop playing it and not announce "HEY! I'M NOT PLAYING THIS ANYMORE BECAUSE I'M A CHRISTIAN LIKE ALICE COOPER NOW!"...

Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Lol

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:09 pm

To be fair, it's one of the band's signature songs so he basically has to address it because people aren't going to shut up otherwise (and they still haven't). And I've read interviews where the interviewer is the one who brought the issue up in the first place.

If Alice stopped playing "Welcome to My Nightmare", "No More Mr. Nice Guy", "I'm Eighteen" or "School's Out", you think he wouldn't go on the record with why he doesn't "feel" those songs anymore? You think his fans would give him a pass and not even bring up the issue?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:20 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
To be fair, it's one of the band's signature songs so he basically has to address it because people aren't going to shut up otherwise (and they still haven't). And I've read interviews where the interviewer is the one who brought the issue up in the first place.

If Alice stopped playing "Welcome to My Nightmare", "No More Mr. Nice Guy", "I'm Eighteen" or "School's Out", you think he wouldn't go on the record with why he doesn't "feel" those songs anymore? You think his fans would give him a pass and not even bring up the issue?

Yeah, maybe...but they both have the option of saying "Next questions, please..."

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:53 pm

I saw 'em on the current tour for Babylon....

they were pretty good... I could care less about Animal.... I would guess Blackie is in some sort of hurricane trying to figure out how his past exploits musically mesh with his renewed faith.

I liked the new album. Some good stuff.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:05 pm

After 1999, Prince decided he would never perform that song EVER again. If Blackie feels a strong conviction not to play this song anymore, more power to him. It's his songs and his set-list, not the fans.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 pm

GrandNational wrote:
After 1999, Prince decided he would never perform that song EVER again. If Blackie feels a strong conviction not to play this song anymore, more power to him. It's his songs and his set-list, not the fans.

Prince? Razz
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:48 am

GrandNational wrote:

Not sure what song you are referring to, but when a friend of mine saw him this summer, he told be Prince even played "Little Nicky", one of the songs on the PMRC's filthy 15 list.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:49 am

Well, if Blackie doesnt want to play a song because of his beliefs, you gotta respect a man for sticking to his convictions. At least he's got the guts to stand up for what he believes. Unfortunately, when you stand up on a milk crate and shout what you believe in, people are gonna try to knock you down from it so now comes the hard part: Living your faith.

I've never been a WASP fan before but now I'm a Blackie Lawless fan.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 8:50 pm

The only time I got to see W.A.S.P. they didn't play Animal but played Dirty Balls. But, I don't mind that Blackie doesn't want to play Animal anymore. To me it's not as signature a song from their catalog as Wild Child, L.O.V.E. Machine or I Wanna Be Somebody.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...   Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Lawless on "Animal" and his faith...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3