Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Sports Teams

Go down 
+26
SlaytanicPOWER
Dave the Boss
jstate
XYZ
QuothTheRaven
nevermore
Red Kitty
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
Thrasher73
ultmetal
T-Roy
chewie
Joe
bassman
mc666
tohostudios
Addy
spiritoradio
Lari
stevegarveyfan
adrian
akeldama
exact33
FlyingV
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 pm

I like the two teams people love to hate.
Dallas Cowboys whom i'm hating too this year. Get a real coach, please
Atlanta Falcons

NY Yankees I read about sports a lot as a kid, you do that and you'll read about a lot of Yankees. Plus it was the Reggie Jackson years and he was fun to watch.
Dodgers

Portland Trailblazers
Orlando Magic
Spurs

Chicago Blackhawks
Colorado Avalanch

Michigan Wolverines
Washington Huskies
Oregon Ducks

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Joe wrote:
007 wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers
Pittsburgh Penguins

and being around Pittsburgh I've been somewhat jaded towards baseball but I'll stick by the hometeam Pirates (even though they've SUCKED forever - like 19 years and there's another 100 loss season on the horizon)

I used to follow the Bucs during the early 90's. Andy Van Slyke was my favorite player. The way he would sprawl out and sacrifice his body to make catches was amazing. That ultimately shortened his career, though.

Sadly,that's about the last tme they were any good.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:31 am

NFL

Chicago Bears
Pittsburgh Steelers

MLB

Chicago Cubs
Chicago White Sox

NHL

Chicago Blackhawks
Pittsburgh Penguins

NBA

Don't care

NCAA

Penn State
Northwestern
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:33 pm

NFL:
Oakland Raiders

MLB:
Los Angeles Dodgers

College Basketball & Football:
UNC Tarheels

NHL:
St. Louis Blues
Carolina Hurricanes
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:51 pm

Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns (when they're not playing the Bengals)
Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians (unless they're playing the Reds)
The Ohio State University Buckeyes! (FOOTBALL and basketball)
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:29 pm

MLB:
Diamondbacks
Tigers
NL

NFL:
Cardinals
Colts
Packers

NBA:
Suns

NHL:
Coyotes
Red Wings

Various Soccer Leagues:
I don't have enough time.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Over time I've become more of a fan of good games than I have of individual teams. I'll almost always pull for the underdog even if they are against a team I like. I think things like free agency and in college sports the "soft" schedule have moved me a way from cheering on individual teams. Hard to believe that in the eighties and early nineties I literally lived and died for Notre Dame games. Now I'm more likely to be rooting for their opponent. I don't follow MLB anymore (I consider myself solely a 80's baseball guy and will happily watch anything from that era particularly the Orioles). NBA, outside of the dunk contest, never did much for me. And yet I could watch college games all day long.

I do like following certain conferences like the NFC East and ACC/Big Ten in college.

The NHL is about the only place where I've maintained my love of three teams. Caps first and always. Then Kings and Bruins.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:29 pm

I can't believe my Rams actually won a game!

Woohoo, one and two!!!.

We might actually fare better than 1-15 this year. The team has looked a lot better than they have the past several years.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I can't believe my Rams actually won a game!

Woohoo, one and two!!!.

We might actually fare better than 1-15 this year. The team has looked a lot better than they have the past several years.

I am glad the Rams won! All the McNabb fans out there have a lot of explaining to do...

Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:50 am

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Nl@feyen

FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM! The soccer club I've been rooting for ever since I was a wee lad.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Nl@feyen

FEYENOORD ROTTERDAM! The soccer club I've been rooting for ever since I was a wee lad.

So wait a minute Dave, is this you when you were younger???

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Middle-finger-kid

lol!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:09 am

Nah, that'd be my brother... Laughing That's a classic picture though, hehe. Kids these days huh?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:27 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Nah, that'd be my brother... Laughing That's a classic picture though, hehe. Kids these days huh?

they are like young yankees fans in training Smile

SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 am

NFL:
Texans
Cowboys
Steelers
Rams

College Football
Texas A&M
Navy
Army
Air Force
t.u.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 am

In order of priority:

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Image

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Zanon0921

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 AP100926076330--nfl_medium_540_360

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Favre-hand-adrian--nfl_thumb_145_80

I am a bandwagon Twins and Gophers basketball fan. When they are doing good, I'll give 'em my time. MLB needs a salary cap before I ever would seriously follow it.

ALL TIME FAV TEAM?

Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Drouin
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:44 pm

X is your all-time favorite team???

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Football - Saints & Texans

Hockey - Shreveport Mudbugs

Baseball - Astro's

Basketball - Dont care

Golf - David Toms

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:43 pm

exact33 wrote:

Hmmm - I see the old North Stars poster no prob. you might need to think about busting out the ol' BFH on your pc, A.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 6:34 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Hmmm - I see the old North Stars poster no prob. you might need to think about busting out the ol' BFH on your pc, A.

I am old like Toho and prefer english please Smile

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:08 pm

The Minnesota Twins

I'm as much into them as I am into music.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:30 am

The only sport I watch is NFL football. My main teams are AFC: Oakland Raiders, and for the NFC: Carolina Panthers. I do have a couple of NFC teams that have slowly crept into my circle the Eagles and the Cardinals. I despise the Broncos. And I do have a couple players that I follow ( regardless of team) unless they end up on the Broncos, Favre, Ochocinco, and Vick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
The only sport I watch is NFL football. My main teams are AFC: Oakland Raiders, and for the NFC: Carolina Panthers. I do have a couple of NFC teams that have slowly crept into my circle the Eagles and the Cardinals. I despise the Broncos. And I do have a couple players that I follow ( regardless of team) unless they end up on the Broncos, Favre, Ochocinco, and Vick.

Thank goodness Vick is alright!

Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:38 pm

exact33 wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

No kidding, he took quite the hit and I guess he was playing with some minor rib injury when that happened. Talk about ouch. I am a little disappointed because I wonder if he will be the Eagles starter again when he comes back healthy, or is he riding the bench again? Not to mention Him being out has put a kink in my Fantasy Football domination.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Los Angeles Dodgers

And the other LA teams Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Ben Grimm wrote:

No kidding, he took quite the hit and I guess he was playing with some minor rib injury when that happened. Talk about ouch. I am a little disappointed because I wonder if he will be the Eagles starter again when he comes back healthy, or is he riding the bench again? Not to mention Him being out has put a kink in my Fantasy Football domination.

I *think* vick will be the starter once he is healthy. I dont see Kolb doing enough to become the everyday starter.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sports Teams   Favorite Sports Teams - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Sports Teams
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2