Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

"Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again Empty
PostSubject: "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again   "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:18 pm

This planned live-action "Star Wars" TV series has been in Development Hell for some time now and now it looks like it is on hold again...

Quote :
George Lucas himself has revealed that his live-action TV series set in the "Star Wars" universe has essentially ground to a halt.

According to CBM, the filmmaker revealed at a recent screening that "the live action TV show is kind of on hold because we have scripts, but we don't know how to do them."
Despite various sci-fi franchises from "Star Trek" to "Battlestar Galactica" doing small screen sci-fi on a budget, the economics of doing a TV series seem to be the big sticking point for Lucas.
"They literally are Star Wars, only we're going to have to try to do them at a tenth the cost. And it's a huge challenge, a lot bigger than what we thought it was gonna be" he adds.

...in other words, ol' George is used to being handed a blank check and being told "go nuts," he doesn't like being told "here's the budget, now stick to it." "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again 201269

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again   "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Exactly, and he knows if he can't "go nuts" then there is no substance to his tv show based solely on the script.

He's washed up.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again   "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:15 am

I totally forgot they were even going to do this. I guess I just blew it off as some sort of rumor.

Seriously, I don't see this happening. I figured the Clone Wars CG animation movie and series was it...or maybe the end of it. Suffice it to say, I'm not a big fan. I actually prefer the expanded universe novels to the prequel movies.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again   "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Not sure i'll like the TV series since the last three movies were horrible.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again   "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:36 pm

I hope it stays in limbo. Lucas redeemed himself a little with SW Ep 3 but has tanked the franchise and this new series offers little hope of reversing that trend...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again   "Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Star Wars" TV Series on hold...again
Page 1 of 1