Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any other Star Wars geeks out there?

Go down 
+14
EvyMetal
Stender
MoonChild
Troublezone
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
kmorg
Addy
thejokeriv
KissinMaiden
scottmitchell74
caniplaywithmadness?
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Favourite Star Wars film?
Episode 1 - Phantom Menace
Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_lcap0%Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones
Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_lcap0%Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith
Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_lcap9%Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Episode 4 - A New Hope
Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_lcap41%Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_rcap
 41% [ 9 ]
Episode 5 - Empire Strikes Back
Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_lcap36%Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi
Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_lcap14%Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:43 pm

fave one?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:48 pm

You're basically asking me to chose which of my girls I love more!! I'll tell you the two that weren't so hot for me...1 & 2....they weren't wretched, just not up to par. I think, though, that they were needed to fill the gaps and bring us up to Episode 3 and full cirlce. I just wish they weren't so cartoonish and had such gimmicky characters....
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:55 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I just wish they weren't so cartoonish and had such gimmicky characters....

Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Jarjarbinks

whoever could u mean by that? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:55 pm

Dunno...I saw 'em all but don't have any fav'.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Empires Wink
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 11:44 am

The Empire Strikes Back
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 12:03 pm

I LOVE Star Wars

It was a toss up between Episode 3 and Empire...
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:31 am

The original trilogy, ans especially the first movie

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 8:39 am

Return Of The Jedi for 3 reasons:

1. It was the first one from my childhood that I could remember (I was only about one year old at the time of Empire).
2. It had the coolest creatures (Jabba's Palace).
3. Princess Leia's bikini. What a Face Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 12:06 pm

Empire Strikes Back, although all of the original trilogy is golden. Lucas' writing went to the dogs for the prequels. None of them measure up in my mind, although they do have their moments. The lightsaber fighting is far superior in the prequels.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:16 pm

The original "Star Wars" trilogy has never, and probably WILL never be topped, by Lucas himself or by anyone else IMHO. Trying to pick a fave from those first three movies is impossible. They defined my childhood. I had the trading cards, the action figures, vehicles, etc., etc. Hell, I think I still have a stack of the old comic books from Marvel stashed away around here somewhere.

I'm trying to forget that episodes I thru III even exist, by the way. Gimme the old ones any day!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 8:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The original "Star Wars" trilogy has never, and probably WILL never be topped, by Lucas himself or by anyone else IMHO. Trying to pick a fave from those first three movies is impossible. They defined my childhood. I had the trading cards, the action figures, vehicles, etc., etc. Hell, I think I still have a stack of the old comic books from Marvel stashed away around here somewhere.

I had a bunch of the action figures, including Luke's landspeeder, that I got back in 78 or so. I also had three or four of the comics.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:01 pm

My favorite Star Wars toy was the exploding Speeder Bike!

I gave all my toys away to Toys For Tots!! I hope those kids appreciate my sacrifice some 20 years later!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:29 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

I had a bunch of the action figures, including Luke's landspeeder, that I got back in 78 or so. I also had three or four of the comics.

I was already a comic book geek back then so when Marvel started their monthly Star Wars series I just added it to my list of "regular buys." At one time I had almost the complete series but I gave up on it around issue #100 (circa 1985) or so.

Just out of curiosity I took a look at the few comics I have left stashed away in my closet after my previous post and I still have a bunch of the Star Wars ishes. I must've gotten rid of some over time though cuz I remember having a lot more of them. Looks like I must've just hung onto some favorite "readers" (i.e. stuff that was too dog-eared and beaten up to be worth selling with the rest of my collection) cuz I only have two or three dozen of them left.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 5:02 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
My favorite Star Wars toy was the exploding Speeder Bike!

I loved that one to! My favorite had to be the AT-AT that thing was cool (even better than the Millennium Falcon which was not as cool as it could have been). I was a quite a bit younger than most of you and I also had my He-Man and G.I. Joe toys. My parents made me choose to get rid of one at our garage sale and being just a little kid, I got rid of my Star Wars toys, then a year later they stopped making them and BAM! I lost some rare collectables. A couple of years later I had to make another decision and got rid of my He-Man toys (again they went away shortly after). Then when I was twelve, I gave away my G.I. Joes to a friend because I had grown out of toys (now they are rare too).angry
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:57 am

i will go for a new hope......COS IT IS THE ORIGINAL AND BEST

"your powers are weak old man!"

"strike me down now vader and i will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine1"
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:14 pm

I voted Empire but i love all three original films. Star Wars along with the Indiana Jones movies were my favs growing up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:19 pm

I voted for Empire solely on a nostalgic basis. I can live without them all to be frank.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:00 am

Empire Strikes Back and Return of Jedi as well.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:17 pm

When I was in elementary and middle school It was always Empires I mean you got yoda, dagobah, The classic line, epic millenium falcon chase, and Lando.
But I've grown to apreciate new hope a lot more so I say episode IV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:32 pm

I used to be a big fan! I ove the last one. And as I said before I can't choose...
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:39 am

Gotta stick to the original trilogy. I can't get over the fact that as the time goes on from Episode 1 to Episode 3 the technology is really good, then you get to the original and its all cheese.

My favourite film is the Return Of The Jedi. By far the best one. Best Part? Jabba's Palace. There are so many things you don't see the first time watching it.

Oh and who could forget the "Star Wars Holiday Special"?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 9:17 am

EvyMetal wrote:

Surprisingly, I don't think I ever saw that. Sad

I was into Star Wars in a big way at the time, but I must have just missed it.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

It's terrible. As I recall, George Lucas even took his name out of the credits, it was so bad.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:51 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any other Star Wars geeks out there?   Any other Star Wars geeks out there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any other Star Wars geeks out there?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: