Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So there might be another Rambo movie to come...

Go down 
+4
Metal Misfit
sheets
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Empty
PostSubject: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:32 pm

...but without Stallone?

http://translate.google.ca/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.canoe.com%2Fdivertissement%2Fcinema%2Fnouvelles%2F2010%2F08%2F02%2F14898671-wenn.html&sl=fr&tl=en
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Sounds like Sly is just throwing the idea (a re-boot/prequel to the Rambo franchise with a yonger actor) out there and hoping someone in Hollywood picks up on it.

Meh. When's that 'Expendables' movie coming out? I wanna know what all my favorite 80's action heroes are up to these days?

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Meh. When's that 'Expendables' movie coming out? I wanna know what all my favorite 80's action heroes are up to these days?

Comes out next week!

I've found that the spirit of 80s action movies is alive and well in direct to dvd movies. Directors down there know how film action - none of this shaky cam, quick cutting crap - and the stars are usually martial artists that know how to throw and take punches, including the older guys like Dolph and Van Damme who are still making fun movies.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Is 'The Expendables' a direct-to-dvd release?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Yeah, I heard about this the other week. I'm so sick of Stallone waffling on whether he's going to do another Rambo. Depending on the day, he'll either say yes or no. The first idea was to have it become some type of Rambo vs. man-beast story, then because of people telling him that was a HORRIBLE idea it was supposedly supposed to be about some kidnappings going on in Mexico, a Rambo western, if you will. I personally love that idea but there's a million sites and quote swirling around right now saying a Stallone-starring Rambo is confirmed and then others say it's definitely not happening.

angry

I'd much rather see a sequel starring Stallone than a prequel featuring the wolf from Twilight (who Stallone has spoken highly of) or whoever but it has a chance to be decent as long as he's writing and directing. At least it isn't a remake being talked about (I'm sure that'll happen once Stallone passes away).

Supposedly Expendables 2 is happening IN PLACE OF a Rambo V (don't see why both can't be done), but I won't even hold my breath for an Expendables sequel until I start seeing on-set pics.

MetalGuy71 wrote:

EFF NO!!!!!! Be a man, go the MOVIE THEATER and watch it! So there might be another Rambo movie to come... 395375
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nope! It heads to theaters on August 13th. I can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Required Fields wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nope! It heads to theaters on August 13th. I can't wait to see it.

Me either!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:39 pm

maybe toby mcguire from spiderman can be the next rambo - he is not doing anything right now.

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:05 am

yeah i heard he was going to be a mercenary in rambo v. then i heard it wasn't going to happen at all. it's probably a good thing cause rambo being a mercenary really wouldn't make much sense. and a rambo without stallone just wouldn't be right.

maybe they should bring back tommy gun and stallone could him train him to be the new rambo. it could be just like rocky 5. lol. (actually, didn't tommy gun die in real life?) whatever the case, either make it with stallone or don't make it at all. all or nothing,
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:55 am

^^^

No, I think Tommy Morrison ended up getting HIV, boxed a few more times even after testing positive and then eventually retired.

EDIT:

Just checked Wiki and apparently he's claiming he no longer has HIV and he's had some recent bouts in Mexico, Wyoming and New Zealand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:24 am

wow, good for him. he was pretty damn good in his hayday. and still looks pretty good now. it's to bad we'll never get a chance to see him in his prime again. i saw on his wiki page that he is 41 now. he must need the money. the negative blood tests look pretty fishy to me though.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:24 am

sheets wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Comes out next week!

I've found that the spirit of 80s action movies is alive and well in direct to dvd movies. Directors down there know how film action - none of this shaky cam, quick cutting crap - and the stars are usually martial artists that know how to throw and take punches, including the older guys like Dolph and Van Damme who are still making fun movies.

Very much still alive, and the best thing is, they're cheap as 2nd hand. I've said it before, but there's a company called Fight Factory Films (owned by Sony) who are releasing loads of action films. Their website even has hilarious sound effects when you click on links.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 am

Dolph's new one coming out soon:

"This Man Is Not Expendable!" Heh.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 am

snooloui wrote:
sheets wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Comes out next week!

Very much still alive, and the best thing is, they're cheap as 2nd hand. I've said it before, but there's a company called Fight Factory Films (owned by Sony) who are releasing loads of action films. Their website even has hilarious sound effects when you click on links.

Van Damme has done really well in the last few years for himself. Although he's not a major name anymore, I think he's gained more credibility and has improved as an actor. His performance in In Hell was great, some emotional scenes there. I really enjoyed JCVD the movie, which was a dramedy. I think the movies he's made in the last 7-8 years have gotten better reviews from the critics than anything else he's ever done. It's a shame he wouldn't do The Expendables. I would've LOVED to have seen JCVD and Stallone share a scene.

Meanwhile, Seagal continues to mail in every performance and cranks out 7 awful movies a year. Razz

Haven't heard of Fight Factory Films. I'll look into that.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:38 pm

They have a website. Mainly re-releases I think, but that's still good if they're making titles available again.

http://www.fightfactoryfilms.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sounds like Sly is just throwing the idea (a re-boot/prequel to the Rambo franchise with a yonger actor) out there and hoping someone in Hollywood picks up on it.

Comes out next friday I wanna see that!!!!

A Rambo without Stallone is like Back to the Future without Michael J Fox or Christopher Lloyd
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So there might be another Rambo movie to come...   So there might be another Rambo movie to come... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So there might be another Rambo movie to come...
Page 1 of 1