Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Rambo...

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
sovdat
mc666
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 1:23 am

anyone else looking forward to this? here is the trailer...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6i090FGzQ

Stallone is past 60, but he has been juicing up for the role with steroids. now that's dedication!! if he does this as well as he did the last Rocky. i will be pleased. Stallone rules.

even the movie trailer was rated nc-17 for violence. it's gonna be the movie of the year for me. check the part where he rips the guys throat out...WITH HIS HANDS! boo yaa! humble

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 4:42 am

Yeah, my childhood's hero is back! Smile Great trailer, thanks!

Haven't seen the last Rocky yet...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 8:30 am

Holy crap-a-moley, that trailer kicked ASS!! Looks like a killer movie!!
Back to top Go down

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 3:06 pm

Saw this the other day. Two words:

GOD RAMBO!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Terrible, just terrible.

Stallone is a juiced-up, washed-up 80's action hero that hasn't had a hit movie in ages, so let's see what strips of flesh we can rip off the dead corpses of Rocky and Rambo and maybe make him popular again.

Rocky Balboa was a waste of time and this will be as well. Not to mention that that trailer looks like some B-grade gore fest that will have to edited down for a safe PG-13 rating to get it in the big movieplexes, only to put back in for the "special un-rated" dvd release that will follow after it's 2 week run in theaters.

I'll start caring when he makes a sequel to "Stop Or My mom Will Shoot"
Back to top Go down

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 4:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Terrible, just terrible.

Stallone is a juiced-up, washed-up 80's action hero that hasn't had a hit movie in ages, so let's see what strips of flesh we can rip off the dead corpses of Rocky and Rambo and maybe make him popular again.

Rocky Balboa was a waste of time and this will be as well. Not to mention that that trailer looks like some B-grade gore fest that will have to edited down for a safe PG-13 rating to get it in the big movieplexes, only to put back in for the "special un-rated" dvd release that will follow after it's 2 week run in theaters.

Um...Balboa was a hit movie. It costs $24 million to make, and has grossed over $155 million. 70.7% of reviews gave it a grade of A while only 5.7% gave it an F. It was in theaters for over 14 weeks. That's not a hit?

Not only was it a hit, but it was a great movie. Not an action-packed movie like other Rocky movies, but a great drama.

Why all the Stallone hate?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 4:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Terrible, just terrible.

Um...Balboa was a hit movie. It costs $24 million to make, and has grossed over $155 million. 70.7% of reviews gave it a grade of A while only 5.7% gave it an F. It was in theaters for over 14 weeks. That's not a hit?

Not only was it a hit, but it was a great movie. Not an action-packed movie like other Rocky movies, but a great drama.

Why all the Stallone hate?

I didn't say Balboa wasn't a hit. I said it was a waste of time, pointless movie, only made by Stallone because he needed to get back into the Hollywood scene. And just like in music, popularity or profitability doesn't always equal good.

Think of it like Queensryche releasing "Mindcrime 2". It may have seemed exciting at the time, but after a few spins, you say "Was that really necessary?" The band, their publicists, record company, etc. can put all the spin on it they want to, but in reality, it was the band saying "How can we get people to notice us again?" Stallone and his people are doing the same thing. He'll say in every interview that he "really had a story to tell, needed to bring some closure to the charaters, blah, blah, blah", but you know he just wants to be in the spotlight again.

It's more a comment on the poo that Hollywood spews out (lame, pointless cash-in sequels, bad tv show-themed movies, etc.). They're either out of fresh ideas, or too scared to try anything new for fear it won't make any money.

I'm not telling anyone not to see it. Go nuts, enjoy yourself. But that doesn't stop me from having an opinion, good, bad or indifferent.
Back to top Go down

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 9:25 pm

Well, you said he hasn't had a hit in ages, which is the same thing. But if "ages" means "a few months," then you're correct. =)

And though I'm not huge Stallone fan, in his defense, he's been saying he would do a Rocky VI and a Rambi IV for a long time now. The original Rocky VI was going to come out after George Foreman won the heavyweight title at age 45, but Stallone didn't think he had the right story. A few years later he spoke about possibly doing another Rocky with exhibition matches between the older opponents, but that story wasn't good. He finally settled on a drama, and Balboa is a really, really good movie.

And what does trying to be relevant again have to do with quality? It's the nature of the business. What if Stallone's only goal with Balboa and the new Rambo movie was to put himself back into the Hollywood mix? Is there something wrong with that? It doesn't mean the movies he's putting out are bad movies.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 10:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm not telling anyone not to see it. Go nuts, enjoy yourself.
ok thanks, can you loan me some $$$ for popcorn while i'm there going nuts? Very Happy

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:25 am

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm not telling anyone not to see it. Go nuts, enjoy yourself.
ok thanks, can you loan me some $$$ for popcorn while i'm there going nuts? Very Happy

Sure. Will you take an out-of-state, second-party, post-dated check written on a bar napkin? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 9:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
Well, you said he hasn't had a hit in ages, which is the same thing. But if "ages" means "a few months," then you're correct. =)

And though I'm not huge Stallone fan, in his defense, he's been saying he would do a Rocky VI and a Rambi IV for a long time now. The original Rocky VI was going to come out after George Foreman won the heavyweight title at age 45, but Stallone didn't think he had the right story. A few years later he spoke about possibly doing another Rocky with exhibition matches between the older opponents, but that story wasn't good. He finally settled on a drama, and Balboa is a really, really good movie.

And what does trying to be relevant again have to do with quality? It's the nature of the business. What if Stallone's only goal with Balboa and the new Rambo movie was to put himself back into the Hollywood mix? Is there something wrong with that? It doesn't mean the movies he's putting out are bad movies.

I think you're giving too much credit to a man who made a movie about arm-wrestling and whose last few films before Rocky Balboa were straight-to-dvd releases. While I haven't seen them, I'm sure "D-Tox" and "Avenging Angelo" were cinematic masterpieces.

I liked Sly just as much as anyone back in the day. I thought he was excellent in "Cop Land" and he should have followed up with more roles like that. Age gracefully, become a more dramatic actor. But I'm gonna call him out when a 60-year old man (recently busted with human growth hormones) is making action movie sequels nearly 20 years after the last one.

Now what say we stop all this fussin' and a fightin' and let me get ya a beer...Cheers

Last edited by on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 4:15 pm

No one was fighting here.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 8:20 pm

Hey Metalguy did you audition for Stallone's role in Rhinestone alongside Dolly Parton and get beat out for it? just kidding
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 11:57 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Hey Metalguy did you audition for Stallone's role in Rhinestone alongside Dolly Parton and get beat out for it? just kidding
I think he's really Frank Stallone. Bitter.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 4:30 am

HA! That's pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 2:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:

Bitter? Yup.
New Rambo... Bitter

You forgot cranky, old, cynical, and jaded. If only I were single, 300 lbs. and typing this from my mom's basement, I could complete the stereotype.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 4:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Funny story about Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot:

On Fox Sports' The Best Damn Sports Show Period, Stallone was a guest when another guest, Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Booger MacFarland told Stallone that he saw this film in the theater and that Stallone owed him $20. Stallone paid up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Booger MacFarland
what a great name! laughing

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 2:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:

Bitter? Yup.
New Rambo... Bitter

You forgot cranky, old, cynical, and jaded. If only I were single, 300 lbs. and typing this from my mom's basement, I could complete the stereotype.
I can't tell if you're joking or taking offense.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 8:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:

Bitter? Yup.
New Rambo... Bitter

I can't tell if you're joking or taking offense.

Joking. Add sarcastic to the list.
Back to top Go down

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 5:47 pm

Meh. I only like the first Rambo at all. This trailer is hilarious, but I'm expecting very little from the actual movie. At the very least it delivers what you expect from a Rambo movie, as opposed to being rated PG-13 like the new Die Hard.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2007 6:36 pm

TheHellion wrote:
as opposed to being rated PG-13 like the new Die Hard.
you're kidding right? pg-13??? what a joke.fainting

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 9:55 pm

mc666 wrote:
TheHellion wrote:
as opposed to being rated PG-13 like the new Die Hard.
you're kidding right? pg-13??? what a joke.fainting
Yep. Pretty much destroys it, eh? None of the intense blood and gore we've come to expect. Hell, Bruce can't even say "Yippee Ka Yay, motherf**ker!" in it. I'm expecting Live Free or Die Hard to suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Rambo... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Rambo...   New Rambo... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rambo...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next