Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Moments in Movie Censorship

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
jerseyultifan+
Orion Crystal Ice
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Great Moments in Movie Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:08 am

Even if you haven't seen "Snakes on a Plane," you probably know its most famous line ("I have HAD IT with these MF'n snakes on this MF'n plane!")... which obviously does not cut the mustard for broadcast TV... here's a clip of how the TV network version overdubs it... Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 am

LMAO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 am

*pause*

"I'm 'bout to open some freaking windows!"

Great Moments in Movie Censorship 201269
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:28 am

I am puzzled about the idea of a "Monday to Friday plane." Does that mean the plane has weekends off?

Also, do you have to train "monkey fighting snakes," or is it an ability that they come by naturally?

So many questions...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 am

Great Moments in Movie Censorship 201269 Great Moments in Movie Censorship 798255 and samuel jackson says the lines with such expression too!!! Great Moments in Movie Censorship Lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 am

Monkey fighting snakes? This has me intrigued. I wish to learn more about these creatures.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Monkey fighting snakes? This has me intrigued. I wish to learn more about these creatures.

I know you loves your monkeys, MG, but I gotta say I'd put my money on the snakes if it came to a throwdown. I mean, snakes got venom and crushing ability. Monkeys fling poo. Advantage: snakes.

Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:31 am

That is out of control! Great Moments in Movie Censorship 201269

You have to wonder if the guys that overdub stuff came up with that precisely because everyone does know the real line and they decided to be as random as possible!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Watching Smokey & The Bandit on regular TV back in the 80's was always a frustrating experience...I don't think there was a single line of dialogue they didn't have to dub something out.

Completely ruined EVERY scene with Jackie Gleason.

...on a recent note.

The move "Wicker Park" was filmed and intended to be an R-Rated feature...but at the last minute the movie studio decided they wanted a PG-13...so since the sex scenes were so important to the plot, they couldn't remove them...so they just digitally panned out the "naughty bits"...so you've got chick "on top" and they pan to the top part of the screen in case the sight of bare breasts might unravel the fabric of humanity.

I hate this PC-hell country we live in.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:46 pm

detuned wrote:
Watching Smokey & The Bandit on regular TV back in the 80's was always a frustrating experience...I don't think there was a single line of dialogue they didn't have to dub something out.

Completely ruined EVERY scene with Jackie Gleason.

I can just imagine. You ever seen the infamous "TV cut" of "Halloween II" they used to air on independent channels back in the '80s? Talk about a hack job. Of course, gore was a no-no in those days so all the kill scenes were either edited to hell and back or cut entirely, scenes were shuffled out of sequence, all the cursing was dubbed over hilariously ("Julie's full of s**t" became "Julie's full of sugar"), and they even tacked on an alternate ending not used in the original film.

The funniest part about that version of "HII" is that since they couldn't show most of the murder scenes, those characters all just disappear from the movie with no explanation by about the halfway point. I imagine the "run time" of that TV version must've been pretty short. Haha.

Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Here's a pretty good one.

*The actual scenes are shown first, so if you don't like swearing don't watch. Also, don't watch at work with speakers, if you're at work or something. Just a forewarning. *

Even if you haven't seen "Snakes on a Plane," you probably know its most famous line ("I have HAD IT with these MF'n snakes on this MF'n plane!")... which obviously does not cut the mustard for broadcast TV... here's a clip of how the TV network version overdubs it... Laughing very hard
Oh dear... Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Moments in Movie Censorship   Great Moments in Movie Censorship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Moments in Movie Censorship
Page 1 of 1