Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments

Go down 
+12
James B.
Gilbert
Required Fields
corplhicks
Thrasher73
chewie
Wurthless
the sentinel
Witchfinder
tohostudios
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

"Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Empty
PostSubject: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Threw on Accusser - The Conviction this morning.  I ended up listening to everything up through "Taken by the Throat".  What a killer band!  

Anybody had one of these flashback moments lately?

[PS - I just looked them up and they reunited and have put out 3 albums in the last 5 years?!?!  Has anyone heard these?  Any good?]

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 5:56 pm

Quote :
Anybody had one of these flashback moments lately?

Threw on Dokkens..breaking the chains. What a great album I rarely listen to...

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 6:16 pm

When I was compiling my "AC/DC Clones" comp last week, I knew one of the bands I wanted on it was Johnny Crash (the UK one, the DE one is on it to though). I remember most of Neighbourhood Threat but a few years back they also released a collection of unreleased tracks called "Unfinished Business". I just ripped everything (over 425 tracks total). But when this song came up when I had the comp on shuffle, I was like "Who the F was that?" and had to look it up. That's when I realized I never gave Unfinished Business a fair listen.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Tesla - Mechanical Resonance - a total ripper of an album that I rediscovered last year.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Tesla - Mechanical Resonance - a total ripper of an album that I rediscovered last year.  

Yeah, that IS a good one.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Yeah, that IS a good one.  

If I may, thirded! I wore that out on cassette twice back in the eighties.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Gonna add this one.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:48 pm

King's X - Faith Hope Love. I was really familiar with all of their records up to Dogman, save for that one, although I'd heard it once or twice before. Within the last month or so I've been playing the hell out of it... So many of the tracks are just perfect for the mindset I'm in currently. "Everywhere I Go" and "It's Love" and "I Can't Help It" specifically stand out to me.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 10:06 pm

Wurthless wrote:
King's X - Faith Hope Love. "I Can't Help It"

That is probably the best song without a guitar solo(don't miss it at all) that I have ever heard! Love that tune!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 10:09 pm

There are a lot of King's X songs without guitar solos, I was always pleased that Ty didn't feel the need for that on every track. Often instead of a solo you've got a really cool melodic variation instead.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 2:36 am

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 1:45 pm

UNC you gotta check out Accusser's latest album. Heavy and thrashy as hell, very intense. They also just got signed to Metal Blade so we might see a new album soon along with a US tour. Fingers crossed for the latter.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Gonna add another one:

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 9:28 pm

corplhicks wrote:
UNC you gotta check out Accusser's latest album. Heavy and thrashy as hell, very intense. They also just got signed to Metal Blade so we might see a new album soon along with a US tour. Fingers crossed for the latter.

Diabolic is a very cool album! I wonder if Metal Blade will issue their back catalog that was never officially released in North America. (I own two of their albums, getting both via import.)

I would love to see them do a tour for their North American fans, even though I doubt they would ever come anywhere near the Canadian Maritimes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:34 pm

Played ICON's debut album last night at home. Any fans of this band?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:09 am

I was youtubing some of the recent Accusser stuff. Love it!

That Icon album is awesome, Gilbert.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 9:18 am

Gilbert wrote:
Played ICON's debut album last night at home. Any fans of this band?

Yeppers

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Played this one today. Years since last time, and i had totally forgotten how damn good it was...
Lots of good memories as well. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:02 pm

I had to sing "Magic Power" in one of the cover bands I was in. Too high!!!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Triumph is a great example. I used to love them and now I never really play anything by them.

"A World of Fantasy" is one of my favorites of theirs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Icon's debut is soooo awesome!!! It's funny, James B. id the first person I think of when I put on some Icon. Ha. One of these days I gotta grab an "Even More Perfect Union" on cd. So many albums...so little extra cash.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 7:55 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gonna add another one:

Great album! Heaven and Hell is my favorite Black Sabbath album with Dio (and favorite Black Sabbath album, period), but Dehumanizer is definitely the heaviest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Isn't the "Time Machine" version on this one different than the one they released for the Bill and Ted soundtrack?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:32 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Isn't the "Time Machine" version on this one different than the one they released for the Bill and Ted soundtrack?

Yes.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:35 pm

I thought so. Thanks. Any idea why they do stuff like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments   "Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Totally forgot how damn good it was" moments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next