Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite album first half of 2010.

Go down 
+29
Zdan
Rostov
Dave the Boss
allthingsmetal
Grimmo
nevermore
Addy
thejokeriv
jstate
JBall_Z
T-Roy
tohostudios
krokus
Joe
mc666
Temple of Blood
Planchaaaa
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
manny
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
troublemagnet
Fat Freddy
exact33
Smindas
ultmetal
snooloui
Hamer12
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:10 am

I feel ashamed because my avatar name is KROKUS and i have everything they released, incluiding many singles etc...but i still didnt buy HOODOO. I know, i am stupid Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_redface . I am going to buy it soon but i want it with the dvd and till now each time i found it, it was without the dvd. Do you guys have it with the dvd??? And is it any good???
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:57 am

Overkill's Irobound followed by Exodus' Human Condition.

Looking forward to the upcoming releases from Testament, Iron Maiden and Malevolent Creation. Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 am

Overkill--Ironbound (just for the 'safety' of it...heehee)
Misery Index---Heir to Thievery (b/c listening to this death/grind makes me feel safe)
Heathen---Evolution of Chaos (ahhhhh....the safety of it all)
Hour of Penance---Paradogma (the safety and security of brutal death metal)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:23 am

krokus wrote:
I feel ashamed because my avatar name is KROKUS and i have everything they released, incluiding many singles etc...but i still didnt buy HOODOO. I know, i am stupid Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_redface . I am going to buy it soon but i want it with the dvd and till now each time i found it, it was without the dvd. Do you guys have it with the dvd??? And is it any good???

Mine did not come with a DVD, but mine is the domestic American release so maybe in the States they did not come packaged with a DVD
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:49 am

The only albums I really liked were Enforcer - Diamonds and the Briton Rites debut album.
Back to top Go down
Rostov
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:12 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
..Too eclectic for most of the people here though.No offense to the fine posters here, most of your selections are boring, typical and trite.Instead of listening to music that's a deviation of the metal norm,like Sigh,people here would rather listen to the umpteenth Overkill album. Don't you guys get sick of regurgitated, stale, safe,music? What do you sheeple have against pioneers like Sigh who have something original to offer?

Eating feces might be new/edgy/pioneering -- but that doesn't mean it still isn't eating crap. No matter what emphasis you place on me being 'trite' because I won't try it, you will only get a placating smile, a laugh and a mental dismissal that your opinion at that point smells as bad as your breath.

I have nothing against Sigh, I just find that their music does nothing for me so I don't listen to them.

Also, using the term 'sheeple' to describe others then saying 'no offense' at the same time is pure passive/aggressive nonsense. So as Frank Zappa once said, "You can ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it up your..."

As for my favorite albums this year so far, definitely Ironbound and The Obsidian Conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 2:17 pm

I suppose I have add Overkill's Ironbound to my want list with all the props it has been getting on this thread
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Rostov wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
..Too eclectic for most of the people here though.No offense to the fine posters here, most of your selections are boring, typical and trite.Instead of listening to music that's a deviation of the metal norm,like Sigh,people here would rather listen to the umpteenth Overkill album. Don't you guys get sick of regurgitated, stale, safe,music? What do you sheeple have against pioneers like Sigh who have something original to offer?

Eating feces might be new/edgy/pioneering -- but that doesn't mean it still isn't eating crap. No matter what emphasis you place on me being 'trite' because I won't try it, you will only get a placating smile, a laugh and a mental dismissal that your opinion at that point smells as bad as your breath.

I have nothing against Sigh, I just find that their music does nothing for me so I don't listen to them.

Also, using the term 'sheeple' to describe others then saying 'no offense' at the same time is pure passive/aggressive nonsense. So as Frank Zappa once said, "You can ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it up your..."

As for my favorite albums this year so far, definitely Ironbound and The Obsidian Conspiracy.
How do you know what my breath smells like? Only someone scatalogicaly obsessed would consider eating feces "cutting edge". Get your mind out of the gutter. I'm not ramming any thing up my butt. Again, is this something you consider "pioneering"? Sounds like you've got homosexual/anal/fecal issues. Maybe YOUR breath smells due to your scatalogical impulses, so you take it out on me.You're the typical"internet tough guy", hiding behind your computer.Why don't you say this to my face? I don't know why your so quick to defend Overkill. Yeah, Hororscope is a great album, and I met Blitz once and thought he was a cool person, but geeze, some of you act like I'm personally insulting you. And yes, sheeple is a generic term,but close-mindeness is still very much alive in the metal community it seems. If you want to insult somebody over something as trivial as this, says a lot about your lack of character. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:13 pm

[quote="troublemagnet"][quote="Rostov"]
troublemagnet wrote:
If you want to insult somebody over something as trivial as this, says a lot about your lack of character. Peace.

You completely started this with your belligerently elitist first post.

This is a thread about opinions; and you started off by criticising people's choices and calling them "sheeple".

Life's too short, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:13 pm

My personal choices:

Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Krokus - Hoodoo
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos
Black Tusk - Taste The Sin
Danzig - Deth Red Sabaoth (it leaked and is beyond amazing)
Back to top Go down
Rostov
Metal novice
Metal novice
Rostov

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Zdan wrote:

Heard a few tracks off of it and it might be a contender for top of the year. Very good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 pm

Rostov wrote:
Zdan wrote:

Heard a few tracks off of it and it might be a contender for top of the year. Very good stuff.

Indeed. Dark, powerful with some raw riffing to boot. And vocals are as amazing as they come.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:47 am

PRETTY MAIDS maybe. Havent heard much new albums this year to be honest.

The new SIGH is fun and giggles to listen for awhile, but I'd rather listen to black metal, OR to march music. Mixed together the novelty wears thin pretty fast and the only thing that remains in my head afterward is the cacophony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:17 am

[quote="Planchaaaa"][quote="troublemagnet"]
Rostov wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
If you want to insult somebody over something as trivial as this, says a lot about your lack of character. Peace.

This is a thread about opinions; and you started off by criticising people's choices and calling them "sheeple".

Not to mention how WRONG that assertion is to begin with. Magnet's apparently not read the "Killer Albums You've Probably Never Heard" thread. Or many other threads on this board for that matter. What I love about this place is the knowledge and diversity in peoples' music. I'm constantly seeing posts about bands I've never heard of and I consider my own music habits to be quite broad and diverse.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:09 pm

[quote="tohostudios"][quote="Planchaaaa"]
troublemagnet wrote:
Rostov wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:

Not to mention how WRONG that assertion is to begin with. Magnet's apparently not read the "Killer Albums You've Probably Never Heard" thread. Or many other threads on this board for that matter. What I love about this place is the knowledge and diversity in peoples' music. I'm constantly seeing posts about bands I've never heard of and I consider my own music habits to be quite broad and diverse.

indeed. Criticizing others for not liking what you do because you think your listening habits are 'refined' or 'out of the mainstream' generally indicates insecurity. I like finding new music (as toho has just about converted me to glam of all things) and listening to new stuff from established bands. Didnt mommy ever teach magnet about making news friends and keeping the old?

troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Having listened to "Ironbound" numerous times, the reason I wouldn't put it among the best albums of this year,is that to my ears at least,it lacks that special quality that puts it above the "typical" thrash albums that have been released since at least the resurrgence of thrash, that started (in my humble estimation) with Metal Militia's "Perpetual State of Aggression".
I honestly find the riffs dull, the songwriting very lacking, and D.D.'s bass,as usual,too prominent in the mix,resulting in an annoying "ping" sound. Immortalis was even an even worse album ( except for Devils in the Mist).I guess this band just annoys me, having been a big fan until "I Hear Black", and then suffering a decade and a half of sub-par groove metal.Then, having run out of ideas for most of this decade,they finally go back to their "roots" which almost smells of a desperate crash grab, but we all know Overkill has never been a monetarily successful band like Metallica.The old guard recently has made GREAT thrash albums such as Kreator's "Enemy of God" which furthered their move to a slightly Gothenberg/melodic/thrash hybrid, with terrific production,topical lyrics,and memorable songwrighting, as opposed to Ironbound's lack of the same. Ironbound can't compare to other recent classics by older bands such as Sodom's self titled, Paradox's "Riot Squad", and Ultimatum's "Into The Pit".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:47 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
I honestly find the riffs dull, the songwriting very lacking

Agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose. If you want to be elitist, join the Metal Archives board, you'll be right at home.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 am

I think the new RATT will end up high on my list as well. I'm really
diggin' it. An excellent return to form IMO. Lots of good stuff coming out from classic bands this year. Scorpions, Ratt, Overkill, Y&T, Molly Hatchet, Raven, etc.

snooloui wrote:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose. If you want to be elitist, join the Metal Archives board, you'll be right at home.

Actually, I don't think his last post was elitist at all and he explained himself quite well. I obviously disagree about "Ironbound" as I find it to be one of the most captivating metal releases this year. However, I understand the reasoning behind his opinion, even if I disagree.

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 pm

In Vain - Mantra - My album of the year so far!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:54 am

Overkill - Ironbound Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:00 am

Charred Walls of the Damned, that album is just a great album. At this point I am pretty certain that it will finish in my top 5, where depends on the Iron Maiden, Trivium, and Testament
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks to this thread, I now have the new Raven on order, and the new Krokus has moved up, way up, on my list, supplanting Ozzy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:53 pm

I really dig that Charred Walls, a top 5 so far.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:04 pm

I heard this WARBEAST which is basically Gammacide plus vocalist dude from Rigor Mortis and it is pretty awesome thrash:

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite album first half of 2010.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3