Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite album first half of 2010.

Go down 
+29
Zdan
Rostov
Dave the Boss
allthingsmetal
Grimmo
nevermore
Addy
thejokeriv
jstate
JBall_Z
T-Roy
tohostudios
krokus
Joe
mc666
Temple of Blood
Planchaaaa
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
manny
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
troublemagnet
Fat Freddy
exact33
Smindas
ultmetal
snooloui
Hamer12
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite album first half of 2010. Empty
PostSubject: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:40 pm

I don't think there's anything coming out the next couple weeks to top these.
So far it's a dead heat between Nevermore and Warbeast.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:47 pm

Hank 3 - Rebel Within
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:48 pm

new records:

Dead heat tie between these two...

High On Fire - Snakes For The Divine
Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones

reissues:

Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune
Goatsnake - Flower Of Disease (about bloody time)
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:54 pm

Sting In the Tail probably because it's the only one I have/heard.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:55 pm

Overkill - Ironbound
Molly Hatchet - Justice

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here, closely followed by Slash's new one. Both fantastic but in very different ways.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Its either Wig Wam - Non Stop Rock'n'Roll or Haken - Aquarius. Very different stuff but both very good!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Toss up for me between the new Scorpions and the new Overkill at the moment...

Though now that I think about it, Raven and Ratt's new ones are damn good too. Been a good year thus far!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:02 pm

It has been a good year so far. I thought that 2010 might not be as good as the last few years but so far it has not disappointed.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Plus, we got new Iron Maiden and new Accept to look forward to before the year's out. Favorite album first half of 2010. 604261

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey, stay on topic. Dang kids.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:24 pm

Favorite album first half of 2010. 253400
Probably the best album this year. Too eclectic for most of the people here though.No offense to the fine posters here, most of your selections are boring, typical and trite.Instead of listening to music that's a deviation of the metal norm,like Sigh,people here would rather listen to the umpteenth Overkill album. Don't you guys get sick of regurgitated, stale, safe,music? What do you sheeple have against pioneers like Sigh who have something original to offer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:28 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Probably the best album this year. Too eclectic for most of the people here though.No offense to the fine posters here, most of your selections are boring, typical and trite.Instead of listening to music that's a deviation of the metal norm,like Sigh,people here would rather listen to the umpteenth Overkill album. Don't you guys get sick of regurgitated, stale, safe,music? What do you sheeple have against pioneers like Sigh who have something original to offer?

Gotta admire anyone who pours gasoline over their head and lights a match like that. Fight the power!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Scorpions' Sting in the Tail.

Rounding out the Top Three would be:

Slash
STP
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:40 pm

detuned wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:

Gotta admire anyone who pours gasoline over their head and lights a match like that. Fight the power!

Laughing very hard
Much respect for everyone here. I don't mean to deride anyone in particular, I just would like to see more unusual selections than the norm. Favorite album first half of 2010. 201269
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:48 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
detuned wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:

Laughing very hard
Much respect for everyone here. I don't mean to deride anyone in particular, I just would like to see more unusual selections than the norm. Favorite album first half of 2010. 201269

Branching out and trying new bands is good but most people already know what they like, what they don't like and what's not worth their time. There's always exceptions but some bands (and genres) are obscure for a reason while some bands are well-known for a reason. Ultimately, we only owe it to ourselves to listen to music we enjoy, "safe" or not, regardless of the desires of others.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:55 pm

It's not that I haven't listened to other stuff besides OVERKILL, but the fact of the matter is, OVERKILL RULES and their new CD has been in my CD player for months.

It's no different with food. Just because I've eaten a thousand hamburgers in my life, doesn't mean I don't still enjoy a hamburger more-so than some foreign delicacy.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:06 pm

I've purchased very few new releases in 2010 and thus far, the only one that's made a lasting impression is Nevermore. And that's only 2 weeks old. Who knows how it will hold up over time.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:07 pm

I get enjoyment from all kinds of music, both inside and outside, both boundary pushing and comfortably familiar.

Sometimes you want to be challenged, sometimes you need music that makes you think, sometimes you just need to drink a beer, put on some AC/DC and forgot about life....

...and sometimes a healthy dose of OVERKILL will keep you from killing innocent pedestrians.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 pm

trouble magnet I am sure I fall into the peps who choose predictable listening choices but personally I don't give a rat's ass, I like what I like and I am too damn old to change. Favorite album first half of 2010. 251456
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Heathen - The Evilution of Chaos

with the new Masterplan and the 2 Avantasia albums in a close second, I guess.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:25 pm

hmm, polarized music ness.. Favorite album first half of 2010. 82702

I guess I can just rank....I don't have a bunch so far..

1. Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied II: A Midnight Autumn's Dream (NOT something crappy and bottom-of-the-barrel like most sequel things...i.e. Land of the Free II)
2. Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones (although this one did not rule everything QUITE as much as I thought it may have, but indeed, the Japanese bonus track is great)
3. Rage - Strings To A Web
4. Freedom Call - Legend of the Shadowking
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:31 pm

manny wrote:
trouble magnet I am sure I fall into the peps who choose predictable listening choices but personally I don't give a rat's ass, I like what I like and I am too damn old to change.

What he said.

ultmetal wrote:
It's no different with food. Just because I've eaten a thousand hamburgers in my life, doesn't mean I don't still enjoy a hamburger more-so than some foreign delicacy.

What he said, too.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

ultmetal wrote:

What he said, too.

You shouldn't listen to ult though, as we all know he only eats lima beans and lettuce nowadays.... Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:37 pm

detuned wrote:
sometimes a healthy dose of OVERKILL will keep you from killing innocent pedestrians.

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite album first half of 2010.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next