Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite album first half of 2010.

Go down 
+29
Zdan
Rostov
Dave the Boss
allthingsmetal
Grimmo
nevermore
Addy
thejokeriv
jstate
JBall_Z
T-Roy
tohostudios
krokus
Joe
mc666
Temple of Blood
Planchaaaa
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
manny
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
troublemagnet
Fat Freddy
exact33
Smindas
ultmetal
snooloui
Hamer12
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:37 pm

I'm seeing Sigh in London on Aug 10th. I hope i'm not the only person there who isn't dressed-up like a goth-clown.

I find it hard to narrow down a 'favourite', so i just go with what's had the most plays so far over the year - and thus far, according to my iPod, it is High On Fire's Snakes For The Divine, which i didn't even like at first.

New Exodus also took about two weeks to sink in - but once it does, it's an absolute monster. Not sure it's my absolute favourite of the year thus far, but it's certainly getting the most spins at the moment. It's beating the new Nevermore easily as far as repeated listens go.

Has it been reported anywhere that Sigh stole the melody line from a Village People song in 'The Soul Grave'. That melody sounds identical to that looping riff from 'in the navy'. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Haven't found one I've enjoyed so far.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
Rotting Christ - Aealo
Sigh - Scenes From Hell
Immolation - Majesty and Decay
Goregonzola - Bis Ahner Grind
Burzum - Belus
Jack Slater - Extinction Aftermath

Last edited by mc666 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Wow! That must really suck.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:01 pm

I like what I like so why force myself to change? Don't want to insult but call us sheeple? Sigh is boring to me as is most BM and Sigh just sounds like BM with symphonics to me so I don't find it that avante garde. Besides, in 10 years it will be passe and you'll have to move on.
Only on a metal board would my music get called safe.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 pm

Both albums for Tryptykon and Sigh are on my want list, so if they are being listed here it's time to move them up. Still debating if I will give Ironbound a chance or if Overkill is just a band I can't get in to.

With that said, my vote would have to go to Heathen's Evolution of Chaos.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:06 pm

RAVEN new album WALK THROUGH FIRE is really great (i know it came out last year in Japan, but in the rest of the world 2010). Anybody into heavy metal should buy it. The band deserve our money.
BLAZE BAYLEY:PROMISE AND TERROR good album. Gets better after each listening. Dark lirics and great chorus.
ANNIHILATOR:ANNIHILATOR best album since years. Great songs and 66 nice guitar solos.
RATT:INFESTATION cool comeback album. Nice songs.
CRUEL FORCE:THE RISE OF SATANIC MIGHT great black/thrash album, old satanic school all the way.
ENFORCER:DIAMONDS More melodic then their debut but with many increible songs. BUY OR DIE for any metal fan.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Not at all.

There are plenty of great old metal releases to listen to, not to mention other genres of music to explore.

I'll listen to samples of the new ANNIHILATOR disc eventually but I don't have high hopes for that one. Same with RUSH.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Not at all.

There are plenty of great old metal releases to listen to, not to mention other genres of music to explore.

I'll listen to samples of the new ANNIHILATOR disc eventually but I don't have high hopes for that one. Same with RUSH.

The new ANNIHILATOR is great. Just check it out. You are talking about exploring other genres of music. Outside metal???
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Wig Wam - Non Stop Rock N Roll
Sabaton - Coat Of Arms
Scorpions - Sting In The Tail
Jackyl - When Moonshine & Dynamite Collide
Chris Laney - Only Come Out At Night

Also pretty disappointed in this year's Airbourne and Babylon Bombs discs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

LIVING SACRIFICE - The Infinite Order

really digging this one headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
detuned wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 253400
Probably the best album this year. Too eclectic for most of the people here though.No offense to the fine posters here, most of your selections are boring, typical and trite.Instead of listening to music that's a deviation of the metal norm,like Sigh,people here would rather listen to the umpteenth Overkill album. Don't you guys get sick of regurgitated, stale, safe,music? What do you sheeple have against pioneers like Sigh who have something original to offer?

Gotta admire anyone who pours gasoline over their head and lights a match like that. Fight the power!

Laughing very hard
Much respect for everyone here. I don't mean to deride anyone in particular, I just would like to see more unusual selections than the norm. Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 201269

Branching out and trying new bands is good but most people already know what they like, what they don't like and what's not worth their time. There's always exceptions but some bands (and genres) are obscure for a reason while some bands are well-known for a reason. Ultimately, we only owe it to ourselves to listen to music we enjoy, "safe" or not, regardless of the desires of others.

and I personally dont see anything wrong with going with stuff you like and branching out. I like to explore new music but I also like the stuff from bands that I have heard before. No reason to be critical of anyone's selections - music is in the ear of the hearer.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:38 pm

exact33 wrote:
music is in the ear of the hearer.

BEHEARER! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:43 pm

Ratt - Infestation

My close second favorite is Saint - Hellblade
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Mine are completely old school (i.e. unimmaginative)

Raven-Walk Through Fire
Scorpions-Sting in the Tail
Krokus-Hoodoo (yes Krokus!!!!!)

and the hardest working dead man in rock history

Jimi Hendrix-Valley of Neptunes

Last edited by manny on Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:50 pm

That Krokus is great, totally blew away my expectations.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:47 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Probably the best album this year. Too eclectic for most of the people here though.No offense to the fine posters here, most of your selections are boring, typical and trite.Instead of listening to music that's a deviation of the metal norm,like Sigh,people here would rather listen to the umpteenth Overkill album. Don't you guys get sick of regurgitated, stale, safe,music? What do you sheeple have against pioneers like Sigh who have something original to offer?
You're getting a little emo in your old age. lol!
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 pm

T-Roy wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
You're getting a little emo in your old age. lol!
Emo!!?!! Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Lol I would rather listen to "I Hear Black" every day for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Ratt's Infestation and Raven's Walk Through Fire are both great.

But the real surprise is how much Cathedral's The Guessing Game is growing on me. At this point it's the first half favorite.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Scorps - Sting in The Tail
Ratt - Infestation

and.......

We Are The Fallen - Tear Down The World - which is probably my fav release so far this year
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Not sure yet i wanna hear the new Ozzy and the new Tom Petty first
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:08 pm

manny wrote:
Mine are completely old school (i.e. unimmaginative)

Raven-Walk Through Fire
Scorpions-Sting in the Tail
Krokus-Hoodoo (yes Krokus!!!!!)

and the hardest working dead man in rock history

Jimi Hendrix-Valley of Neptunes

Yes, that Krokus album blew me away. "Rock 'n' Roll Handshake" is one the the year's best songs. The album is probably sitting in my Top 5 of '10 right now.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:13 pm

Overkill - Ironbound
Enforcer - Diamonds
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:22 pm

Raven - Walk through Fire will be high on my list this year too. I'm a bit torn though as it actually is a 2009 release, though it was just finally released in 2010 in the U.S.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Raven - Walk through Fire will be high on my list this year too. I'm a bit torn though as it actually is a 2009 release, though it was just finally released in 2010 in the U.S.

I would go with 2010, if that's the version you own. It's new to us. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite album first half of 2010.   Favorite album first half of 2010. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite album first half of 2010.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next