Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video games!

Go down 
+15
Metal Misfit
ZetaReticuli
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
Lari
MetalRob331
Lurideath
chewie
Stender
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
Dave the Boss
Addy
Rex
muckie
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:42 am

Video games are one of my passions and recently I returned to my childhood dream of designing them. I dabble in almost every genre and era. From Atari and the arcades all the way to the current systems I love video games and was introduced to them when I was about 3 on my sister's NES, where my first games were Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3. Back then I ended up owning an NES, SNES, Genesis, and Master System. However, the N64 is the only one I still own from the day I got one on christmas, and never sold, because I've traded and rebought the others on and off throughout my life before I started becoming interested in keeping them for a collection. In fact, I enjoy and value my game collection more than my audio CD collection as I rarely ever regret buying them or get bored! I'm also interested in homebrew for both current systems like the DS and making new games for older systems.

Anyone here have any favorites, either old or new, in regards to games and game consoles?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:31 am

The last two games that I've loved were Batman: Arkham Asylum and Darksiders. I'm looking forward to the new Transformers game War for Cybertron a lot.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:33 am

muckie wrote:
Video games are one of my passions and recently I returned to my childhood dream of designing them. I dabble in almost every genre and era. From Atari and the arcades all the way to the current systems I love video games and was introduced to them when I was about 3 on my sister's NES, where my first games were Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3. Back then I ended up owning an NES, SNES, Genesis, and Master System. However, the N64 is the only one I still own from the day I got one on christmas, and never sold, because I've traded and rebought the others on and off throughout my life before I started becoming interested in keeping them for a collection. In fact, I enjoy and value my game collection more than my audio CD collection as I rarely ever regret buying them or get bored! I'm also interested in homebrew for both current systems like the DS and making new games for older systems.

Anyone here have any favorites, either old or new, in regards to games and game consoles?

My brother is working towards a bachelor's degree in that field
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:07 am

I still enjoy playing on my old PSX and N64 every now and then, but honestly I'm just too busy nowadays to play video games often.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:15 am

Doom is my favorite game ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:20 am

Ms. Pac-Man for the Sega Genesis is about as current as I get when it comes to video games.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:25 pm

I never have much time for them now, but I used to be quite a gamer in the past. I still have my original N64 also from christmas like 1997 I think..haha.

Do you make your own homebrews yourself muckie? I have a few reproduction carts for snes. Thinking about getting another soldering torch and learning how to do it.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Doom is my favorite game ever.

Yes that and Dune 2000.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:36 pm

I will probably buy that new Red Dead Redemption this weekend. Been waiting for that game to be released and it's finally out.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

i used to be a huge gamer on XBOX LIVE but my xbox fried and I havent replaced it yet. As far as games I only played Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2.. I pretty much bring ppl to tears when i play the, they can't handle Im better then them and it really is hilarious...

As far as favorites..

Nintendo: Castlevania and Castlevania 3
Sega Genesis : Castlevania Bloodlines and the Streets of Rage series
Playstation : Resident Evil series
XBOX : COD, MW2, Rock Band, and GTA 4
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Some of my favorites:

Defender
Joust
Tempest
Tron
Battle Zone
Galaga
Star Wars
Centipede
Space Invaders
Asteroid

oh, you mean ones that you play at home and not at the arcade Video games! Icon_wink

Damn, I'm gettin' old Video games! 251456
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Nah, it's ok. Arcade games count too, like I said, I play those as well. I assume you play them via MAME?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:22 am

I loved my old NES. So many memorable games...

- Super Mario Bros. Especially One and Three. The first one was one of the first games I ever played, along with a bunch of Commodore 64 games. Huge nostalgic value. I mastered the first one quite fast after I got my own console back in the 80s.

- Nintendo World Cup. Played that to death with friends. Insanely unrealistic and violent version of soccer. But extremely playable, apart from that over-the-head scissor kick that was soon banned from our games.

- I never could get through Blaster Master, really bugged me. Still bugs me. I still have the console and the game. Man, I got to go and finish the game. Seriously, it was the fact you couldn't save your progress that made it near impossible to play through. Wikipedia says it has one of the greatest opening sequences ever.

- Track & Field 2. I kept track of my personal world records. Damn it was hard to hit 600 on pole vault. Obviously I had those turbo button system controls, but I didn't count those results. I had the original Track & Field game too (Barcelona '92), but it was nowhere near as good. Except for long jump, which wasn't even featured on the sequel.

- Castlevania II had an amazing soundtrack. I never played that game through, but it was seriously impressive in its gothic atmosphere.

- Mega Man. All Mega Man games were fun, especially IV stands out to me except for the fact sliding was faster than running and because of the "super blast" shot you can charge by holding a button. Those two things made normal walking in the game turn into sliding while all the time holding one other button. Anyway, a very challenging game. Great bosses, great music.

- Blades of Steel. As a hockey fan, this was a must. I loved how when you had a fight, the loser goes to the penalty box and the winner doesn't. Scoring was not easy at all against a human opponent. I had some real great games against friends. And there were shootouts! Wow, what a game!

+ A lot of other games I spent countless hours in my preteen years playing. Shatter Hand with the anti-gravity boss, Defender of the Crown with the fair maiden waiting to be rescued, Star Wars and that great pre-3D asteroid-dodging scene, Jack Nicklaus Golf with sports game realism not found in any other sports games at the time. Or my favourite NES series at the time, Zelda.

Wow, all of this makes me want to hook up my old NES. I still own my console and about 50-60 games + 2 perfectly working controllers. It's the controllers that really catch some money from what I've seen. There's plenty of NES consoles around, and even if those controllers could stand a lot of punishment, there ain't TOO many of them around. I remember buying around 6 or 7 of them back in the day.

Anyway, I don't really play video games today. There are some games I've bought for the computer me and my wife both play at times, like Civilization IV. And I'm a big LOST fan so I'm playing the Lost game, too. And a bunch of old NHL Hockey games, too. NHL 95, 2001 and 2004 are my favourites. I play 2001 with a friend whenever I can.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:42 am

I'm a total video game nerd. I've played 'em pretty much since I was 10 or so. Currently been playing:

Grand Theft Auto 4
Lost Odyssey
Saint's Row 2

Still waiting for the price of Bioshock 2 to drop. It's over $100 here in Australia. Also wanting to give Final Fantasy 13 a spin, but it too is over $100 here.

I'm pretty much an RPG dork. Some of my favorite titles:

Valkyrie Profile (PSOne)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Final Fantsy X (PS2)
Baldur's Gate (PC)
Icewind Dale (PC)
Diablo 2 (PC)
Final Fantasy 7 (PSOne)
Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)
Suikoden 1 and 2 (PSOne)

Also a fan of FPS (shooters), and enjoy:

America's Army
Quake 4
Doom (all of them)
F.E.A.R.
Stalker

Also was a big fan of Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Ninja Gaiden, etc from back in the day. Battletoads was cool, as well!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:36 am

I love RPGs too, especially Enix. Enix was to SquareSoft what Sega was to Nintendo before they merged, but really they were always there to provide the alternative and be different. I have a 3DO, and the 3DO port of Wolfenstein is one of the best ports of the PC version. Some minor flaws but generally better than most other attempts.

I also love shmups, especially the abrasive manic ones like Ikaruga.

I really don't care for Guitar Hero though, it put me to sleep. I ended up giving the one I had for PS2 and the guitar to my nephew who enjoys it.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:48 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I'm a total video game nerd. I've played 'em pretty much since I was 10 or so. Currently been playing:

Grand Theft Auto 4
Lost Odyssey
Saint's Row 2

Still waiting for the price of Bioshock 2 to drop. It's over $100 here in Australia. Also wanting to give Final Fantasy 13 a spin, but it too is over $100 here.

I'm pretty much an RPG dork. Some of my favorite titles:

Valkyrie Profile (PSOne)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Final Fantsy X (PS2)
Baldur's Gate (PC)
Icewind Dale (PC)
Diablo 2 (PC)
Final Fantasy 7 (PSOne)
Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)
Suikoden 1 and 2 (PSOne)

Also a fan of FPS (shooters), and enjoy:

America's Army
Quake 4
Doom (all of them)
F.E.A.R.
Stalker

Also was a big fan of Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Ninja Gaiden, etc from back in the day. Battletoads was cool, as well!

Suikoden 2 and valkyrie profile are such great games. VP was so unique, way beyond the kid saving the world storyline.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:29 pm

I cannot wait to play UFC 2010 Undisputed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Uncharted 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:51 pm

NES was my childhood console, I love that stuff. I'm also a huge fan of old arcade games and love the beat'em ups like Punisher, TMNT, Final Fight, X-Men, Golden Axe, etc.

For new stuff, I own a Wii and PS3. The Wii doesn't get much use anymore but I hope to buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the next few months.

I LOVE the PS3. So many awesome games: Batman, GTA IV, GTA: Liberty Stories, Infamous, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, Uncharted, Brutal Legend, Army of Two, Elder Scrolls IV, Assassin's Creed II. There's a few others but I've forgotten them because I try to trade my games in as soon as I beat them. I bought my PS3 last fall, so I still have TONS of catching up to do. I just bought Red Dead Redemption yesterday. Pretty good so far.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:26 pm

I like some RPGs too Heres some of my favs....

Commodore 64

Zork 1-3
Tass Times in Tone Town
Autoduel
Maniac Mansion
Zak McCraken and the Alien Mindbenders
Wasteland
Jumpman

NES

Castlevania 2
Super Mario Bros
Baseball Stars
Mega Man
Punch Out

SNES

Zelda Link to the Past
Mortal Combat
Mortal Combat 2

PS1

Lunar
Lunar 2
Tomb Raider 2

Xbox

Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
WWE Raw 2

PS2

MLB 07 The Show
WWE Raw vs Smackdown 2008

to name a few Im sure im leaving some out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Zork is great! I had the first one on C64. Never could figure it out though. I finally beat it a few years ago thanks to a walk through. Laughing

Baseballs Stars is great! I loved making my own teams. I'd name everyone after super heroes and super villains. I really hope that makes it to Wii's Virtual Console someday.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:29 pm

To me Super Nintendo had the best games ever. I had a Nintendo64 and currently Nintendo WII. Nintendo64 gave me ZELDA, mario party, super smash bros and Mario 64. OTHER than those games It wasn't as good as Super Nintendo

Wii so far hasn't do anything for me. I still have to get the Zelda game for Wii, since I am a Zelda fan. At least there is Netflix Wink
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:46 pm

I still have my old Turbo-Graphix 16 system and still pull it out every now and then to play Bonk's Adventure.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:33 am

^ W0000T BONK'S ADVENTURE. One of the most fun games to be ported to the NES. Had that way back when I got an NES.

I need to make a big video game post sometime tomorrow when I'm not half dead.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:25 am

man, this Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video games! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video games!   Video games! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video games!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next