Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...

Go down 
+10
Addy
Required Fields
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
MetalRob331
Smindas
Troublezone
tohostudios
Stender
Schbopo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Empty
PostSubject: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Not ragging on you bro, but what games do you like? I love the new games much more though I have memories of those old games.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Contra, all the Starfox games, Earthbound, Street Fighter 2, Ghosts and Goblins, the Bubsy trilogy, Earthworm Jim, Ninja Gaiden, The first few Sonic games...need I go on?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Contra, all the Starfox games, Earthbound, Street Fighter 2, Ghosts and Goblins, the Bubsy trilogy, Earthworm Jim, Ninja Gaiden, The first few Sonic games...need I go on?

YES!...fricken Earthbound! my top SNES game of all time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:43 pm

I'll go even older (of course, I AM a helluva lot older).

My alltime favorite video game is Xevious.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:52 am

Before Atari there was a system called Odyssey by Magnavox, that was the first game system i had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:44 am

Schbopo wrote:

Oh, so no space invaders or astroids or frogger. Not that old i see.

i prefer spots games like madden and ncaa basketball.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:51 am

Schbopo wrote:
You sir, have good taste. On a semi-related note, I played Street Fighter IV the other day - my mind was blown.

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:39 am

tohostudios wrote:
I'll go even older (of course, I AM a helluva lot older).

My alltime favorite video game is Xevious.

Toho-
I used to have the stand-up arcade game in my warehouse flat back in the early 90's! It was fun for about a month. Until we all conquered all levels. Then it just sat there until I traded it for an old Kawasaki streetbike.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:41 am

I only ever made it to the superhuge mothership one or two times.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:41 am

I still own a lot of those games.

Marios, Battletoads, TMNT, Robocop, Double Dragon, Galaga, Asteroids, Pac-Man and my all time fav Castelvania 1 and 3.

Im also a huge fan of Super Nes games and Sega Genesis games.

I own a 360 now and play on that but those older games stood the test of time. Thats something I can say for very few of todays games.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:21 pm

I like playing Silver Surfer, can't even get past the first level!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Its all about the roleplaying in my opinion...specially the old ones. For some reason those old games made you feel good inside when you got to the ending credits, I dont really feel that way with the new games.

my favs...

Xenogears
Valkyrie Profile(ps1)
Legend of mana
Chrono cross
Final fantasy 9
Harvest moon 64
Paper Mario
Resident evil
Resident evil 2

On the note of Resident evil I cant fricken wait for 5 to come out, its gonna be spectacular!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:42 pm

Games - we have a Wii, usually play Mario Kart Wii with the kids, that one rules!!!!!!

I love Halo I & II (for PC), Madden Football, Call OF Duty series.

I used to have the Oddessy II system as a kid.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Stender wrote:
Its all about the roleplaying in my opinion...specially the old ones. For some reason those old games made you feel good inside when you got to the ending credits, I dont really feel that way with the new games.

my favs...

Xenogears
Valkyrie Profile(ps1)
Legend of mana
Chrono cross
Final fantasy 9
Harvest moon 64
Paper Mario
Resident evil
Resident evil 2

On the note of Resident evil I cant fricken wait for 5 to come out, its gonna be spectacular!

WHOOP!!!!!!! I played RE5 the demo and its AMAZING. RE is my favorite series ever. All the games are amazing. The online multiplayer is insane.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:17 pm

BTW,

"Slopboop" is one of the funnier variations I've seen.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:48 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Stender wrote:

my favs...

Xenogears
Valkyrie Profile(ps1)
Legend of mana
Chrono cross
Final fantasy 9
Harvest moon 64
Paper Mario
Resident evil
Resident evil 2

WHOOP!!!!!!! I played RE5 the demo and its AMAZING. RE is my favorite series ever. All the games are amazing. The online multiplayer is insane.

YES...indeed! did you play on Ps3 or 360? If your on 360, give me your gamertag and we can play online when it comes out...that would be rad... if we play, I'm Chris redfield though..haha. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:37 pm

I love the old school games. The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, the original Super Mario Bros. trilogy, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:23 pm

I just realized that the youngins' have no clue what "old" video games really are.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Lies and slander. The old games are surely the early arcade classics like Asteroids, Arkanoid, Pac Man and various others, right?

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:47 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I just realized that the youngins' have no clue what "old" video games really are.

You mean like Pong, or what? scratch

Old by today's standards, I guess I meant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:00 pm

It's all good. I rememenber when arcades were getting rid of the pinball machines and moving in Space Invaders and Astroids.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:30 am

OOOO i want in on this discussion some of my fav old games are.....

Contra
Duck Hunt
Super Mario Brothers
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Popeye
Autoduel
Kung Fu Master
Karate Champ
Gyruss
Pac Man
Jungle Hunt
Sonic
Excitebike
Pole Position
Afterburner
Jumpman

to name a small few
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 am

Zelda is good too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:16 am

Does anyone remember an arcade game (circa late 80s) called "Xenophobe?" It was a cartoony shoot-em-up style game that was obviously inspired by the "Aliens" movie. You played a character protecting your space station from an infestation of aliens that started out as "eggs," then grew into big green toothy things if you didn't shoot/blow them up fast enough. That was an awesome game! I'd give my left nut to have one of those in my house!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Does anyone remember an arcade game (circa late 80s) called "Xenophobe?" It was a cartoony shoot-em-up style game that was obviously inspired by the "Aliens" movie. You played a character protecting your space station from an infestation of aliens that started out as "eggs," then grew into big green toothy things if you didn't shoot/blow them up fast enough. That was an awesome game! I'd give my left nut to have one of those in my house!

Yeah I remember that one. That's how I learned what "xenophobe" meant. Music and video games have helped my vocabulary so much over the years. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...   Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slopboop or whatever his name is likes old video games...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next