Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bret Michaels in Hospital Again

Go down 
+17
MoonChild
Gilbert
7thSaviour
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Zdan
GrandNational
shamgar75
Leatherface
mc666
mez
Troublezone
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
Eyesore
tohostudios
Addy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Empty
PostSubject: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:27 pm

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Rock singer Bret Michaels suffered a mini-stroke this week and tests showed he has a hole in his heart, the Poison frontman's official website said on Thursday.

Michaels, who survived a potentially fatal brain hemorrhage in April, was readmitted to the hospital after experiencing numbness on the left side of his body.

Doctors said he had suffered a transient ischemic attack, known as a warning or mini-stroke, and they later found he had a hole in his heart. They said it was "highly unlikely that the problems were related to the brain hemorrhage," according to a statement on website BretMichaels.com.

They said the heart condition was operable, but that for now he would receive blood thinners and outpatient treatment.

It was not immediately clear when the singer and "Celebrity Apprentice" TV contestant fell ill.

He gave a TV interview to the "Oprah Winfrey Show" that was broadcast on Wednesday. The interview was taped a week ago, his publicist said.

Michaels' neurosurgeon, Dr. Joseph Zabramski, said the singer, who plans to play a comeback music gig on May 28, was determined to make a quick recovery.

"Medically speaking it is a fantastic attitude both mentally and physically for him to have," Zabramski said. "However, Bret's brain and body are not quite 100 percent yet, especially with the hole found in his heart."

Michaels told Winfrey he was still getting headaches but felt lucky to be alive. The glam rock singer also suffers from diabetes and underwent an emergency appendectomy two weeks before suffering a brain hemorrhage on April 25.

He had said he hopes to take part in the May 23 live finale of "The Celebrity Apprentice", where he is in the running to win the competition. Most of the NBC TV show was shot before Michaels' string of medical emergencies.

Michaels' manager Janna Elias described the singer as "up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive. But he has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again."
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:33 pm

Unbelievable.

Hair-metal Job.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:43 pm

WTF? Someone wants this dude dead.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:52 pm

That dudes been fighting some serious battles
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:59 pm

It's like God found out Bret's been banging his girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Read this earlier on Blabbermouth. Awful news. GIVE THIS GUY A BREAK!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Hope Bret come out okay.....again. And let's just throw in another one for whatever is going to happen to him next month.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:17 pm

The "strict conservative Christian upbringing" part of me has to ask if God is trying to send Brett a 'straighten up and fly right' message.

The "rational adult" side of me has to ask what this guy did to deserve so much hardship. Hasn't he been through enough?

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:45 pm

He's been through it that's for sure but I think it's part of being human.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:53 pm

toho put it best...

He's a hair metal version of Job from the bible!

Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:12 pm

Well certainly wish him the best, but I think he was pushing himself to hard to get back out on the road. He really likes to keep going and probably is trying to prove something to himself, but being diabetic will probably lead to all sorts of health issues no matter how well he takes care of himself.

I commend him for wanting to go tour and make up the dates for those canceled, he really truly does care about his fans. However get better first. Thankfully it sounds like this can be treated. Sure pray for the guy, but hopefully this will help let him get the rest he needs so when he comes back he is 100%.

This has been a very tough year for Rockers, fans and band members.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:17 pm

he's had some tough breaks

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:34 pm

What's next? To his credit, he's tougher than a two dollar steak. Wish him the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:44 pm

You never wish this on anybody. It's truly a miracle he's still alive. Let's see what he does with his life and how he chooses to live.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:44 am

mc666 wrote:

And a lot of hot chicks.....

Diabetes, brain aneurysm, heart condition. What is really next?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:55 am

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Hair plug infection? Bret Michaels in Hospital Again 436688
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:37 am

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Hopefully good health and healthy living
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:53 am

Really now? The guy does not get a break. As people said - what's next for him?

Although the guy is tough as nails - gotta give him that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:30 am

shamgar75 wrote:
You never wish this on anybody.

Eh, I dunno. I can think of a few.

Spoiler:

Bret seems like a nice enough guy though. He just needs to chill out a bit and recouperate. Touring this summer, tv appearances, another VH-1 reality show. It's all to much. He's working himself to an early grave.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:02 am

Again? Wow. That sucks. I hope he can pull through from this as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:27 am

Troublezone wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Hair plug infection? Bret Michaels in Hospital Again 436688

Oh man, I was wondering if anyone would bring this subject up. My local radio station keeps on talking about how his bandanna might be stopping blood from circulating to his head, or that it's just permanently glued on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:50 am

Quote :
Oh man, I was wondering if anyone would bring this subject up. My local radio station keeps on talking about how his bandanna might be stopping blood from circulating to his head, or that it's just permanently glued on.

Bret was quoted the other day as saying something to the effect of "without the headband, it's like Superman appearing without his cape"

Bret Michaels in Hospital Again 201269
Quote :

Lets not forget the stage prop that was dropped on his head...

Bret Michaels in Hospital Again 30u5wlv

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 8:41 am

I have been a big fan of Bret Michaels and Poison since 1987 and I wish him nothing but the best. I'd understand if he needed to take the rest of this year off to recover.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:56 am

These metal guys need to be careful about their health. They're not in their early 20s anymore.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 12:12 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/05/30/bret-michaels-rushed-off-stage-in-medical-emergency/9757879/

Quote :
Bret Michaels' team is thanking paramedics for their help Thursday night.

The rocker was playing a show in Manchester, N.H., when he was taken off stage to be evaluated by paramedics.

Guitarist Pete Evick wrote on Facebook:

"This is a message I never imagined I'd have to post. Tonight in Manchester, NH 3 songs into the set Bret had me sing a song as he rushed off stage. In the 9 years I've stood next to him, I've never seen a look like the one on his face as if I was a complete stranger. One of the crew returned instantly to notify me that Bret's blood sugar was extremely low."

Evick said that Michaels returned to the stage "only to announce that he could not continue. As you all know he is a health fanatic and fiercely monitors his blood sugar, he basically had to be dragged off the stage in his sickest of conditions. When I rushed to the bus he could barely speak, but begged me to apologize to the fans and seemed only concerned for them."

Michaels, has had type 1 diabetes since he was a child. Other ailments have included an emergency appendectomy, heart surgery and brain hemorraging.

Poor guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels in Hospital Again   Bret Michaels in Hospital Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bret Michaels in Hospital Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next