Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM

Go down 
+9
nevermore
mikeinfla
the sentinel
Boris2008
glassprison
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
brokentulsa
13 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Empty
PostSubject: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Thats right folks..he went country and is doing a country tour...

and the new country version of this..

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Meh, he's been courting the country audience for awhile now, hasn't he? Country fans, you want Bret Michaels? You can have him.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28459

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Jonathan Davis of KoRn is coming out with country music soon as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Bret goes Bro-Country! Yeeeeehaw!

...I don't even have to bother clicking on those YouTubes to know that it's gonna be pretty much the worst thing ever. Laughing very hard

Quote :
Country fans, you want Bret Michaels? You can have him.

We tried giving them Ron Keel... but they gave him back! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 4:08 pm

At least he consistently sticks with music that sucks, he's been damn dependable that way his entire career.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 4:24 pm

All but three songs on this "new" country album were released on other albums (sometimes multiple different ones).

Aside from a few average songs here and there his solo material has absolutely no life to it. I'm convinced he could do something pretty good if a Native Tongue reunion collaboration of sorts with him and Richie Kotzen ever materialized. But as it stands, I have no hope for any quality material from him.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 4:46 pm

We have a winner! This is my least anticipated album of the year.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Bret goes Bro-Country! Yeeeeehaw!

...I don't even have to bother clicking on those YouTubes to know that it's gonna be pretty much the worst thing ever. Laughing very hard

Quote :
Country fans, you want Bret Michaels? You can have him.

We tried giving them Ron Keel... but they gave him back! Very Happy

Don't you mean Ronnie "Lee" Keel? Razz
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am

If you're gonna go country, do it right and go traditional like Jeff Keith:

Or Tommy Shaw:

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 11:51 am

S.D. wrote:
At least he consistently sticks with music that sucks, he's been damn dependable that way his entire career.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 7:04 pm

Didnt Bret do a country song with Miley Cyrus some years ago?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 7:57 pm

I guess I've lost touch.

So now any song with slide guitar and/or fiddle is classified as country? And Heaven forbid anyone sing with a Southern accent.

Of the 4 songs posted in the original post, I'd only consider the second one country. How the hell is that first one even remotely country? That sounds like a typical Poison song to me.

I think people just like to rag on Bret Michaels for anything.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:00 pm

glassprison wrote:
All but three songs on this "new" country album were released on other albums (sometimes multiple different ones).

Aside from a few average songs here and there his solo material has absolutely no life to it. I'm convinced he could do something pretty good if a Native Tongue reunion collaboration of sorts with him and Richie Kotzen ever materialized. But as it stands, I have no hope for any quality material from him.

Now this is an opinion I agree with.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 11:35 pm

He seems really desperate to stay relevant. As relevant as he can be I guess. I don't know a whole lot about the band but is there that much bad blood between him and the others that they don't reform and tour while the original line up is still alive. I am reasonably certain they would make some good coin.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 12:43 am

mikeinfla wrote:

Or Tommy Shaw:

Don't like the music too much but, judging from that album cover, Tommy Shaw has aged very well. Damn!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I guess I've lost touch.

So now any song with slide guitar and/or fiddle is classified as country?  And Heaven forbid anyone sing with a Southern accent.

I think the definition of "country music" has changed quite a bit in the last few years. Modern country sounds like 80's hair metal with slide guitar and fiddles.

Quote :
I think people just like to rag on Bret Michaels for anything.

Yes. Yes we do.

Hadley wrote:
Didnt Bret do a country song with Miley Cyrus some years ago?
Yup.

I believe they've performed 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn" live too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:09 am

I want a Country and Western Gal to go Metal ! Pow !!
I read that Steven Tyler isn't happy how his Country thing is going ...
YYYyyyaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn.........
!) Money. 2) Clapping and cheering. 3) New chicks
I heard the "The Almighty" lead guitar and singer went Countrty.
I hate that %$#@ - it's such a phony genre - and silly as hell -
I loved KEEL too - but NEVER listened to one C&W song -
Imagine if The Ramones - did something like that ????
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:11 am

the sentinel wrote:
He seems really desperate to stay relevant. As relevant as he can be I guess. I don't know a whole lot about the band but is there that much bad blood between him and the others that they don't reform and tour while the original line up is still alive.  I am reasonably certain they would make some good coin.

Bobby, Rikki and CC have been playing shows with another singer/guitarist Brandon Gibbs, calling themselves 'The Special Guests". From what I understand, it's all Poison material with a few cover songs. So it's basically Poison without Bret Michaels.

PostSubject: Re: BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM   BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BRET MICHAELS..NEW COUNTRY ALBUM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: