Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?

Go down 
+15
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
kmorg
Fat Freddy
sovdat
Smindas
Temple of Blood
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
thejokeriv
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 6:38 am

i think you will all be pleasanlty surprised by all accounts i think it will be classic and record of 2008 (to me at least)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
fingers wrote:
my prediction is that Metallica will go back to their roots but they will become influenced by flavor of the month metal bands like Trivium and Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. I don't think it will sound that good to be honest.
Well, Trivium has been kissing Metallica's ass, and That's how they created "The Crusade". Actually not a bad listen. Better than all the emo crap on "Ascendancy".
Have you actually heard either album? Their music hasn't changed at all, only the vocals, and if any album was emo—which it's not, by the way—it would be The Crusade!
Dude, I own both albums, and I know what I hear and stand by what I said.
Well, you should educate yourself on what emo really is then.

Dude, if you want emo, then listen to the f****** Deftones. Emo as hell!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 5:41 pm

I think the chances are small. I think they realized they have really pushed many metal fans from the early work away. I loved all the first 4 albums and even loved the Black album, however since its release it hasnt kept that timeless feel as the first 4. Although still a good album. I think every album after that is pretty much crap, sure Load and Reload are tolerable but St Anger was so terrible that I lost all faith in them.

Now I hear they have solos back. Great but what about a voice??? Or some actual hard core stuff like they used to do orginally. Now having heard a couple of the new tunes they made and played live (try youtube, not determined if they will make the new album or not) I think it sounds like they are back to the Re/Load era with segments of hard thrash and earlier chops in there. So to me it sounded better then St. Anger but not that much better, I have a feeling they dont have anything left in them to write that masterpiece work they were known for when they started out. I think they are to far gone from it and will give us something along the lines of Reload with moments......moments, that is it of nostalgia Metallica.

Please for the love of all good things put a synth on his vocals even if he ends up sounding like Al Jourgensen of Ministry, it would be better then his voice is now.

Look at JPB did with the new Deliverance... he did awesome by combining
many songs from the Weapons and SoE era albums and it worked. If Metallica
can pull of something like that I would be most pleased.

I simply just dont think they will put anything out again that is good. But man I hope I am so wrong.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:09 am

i gotta be honest kirk seems a big gay lol:lol!:
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:28 pm

NME TV sat down for a chat with METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett on Sunday, July 8 prior to the band's sold-out concert at Wembley Stadium in London, England. Watch the 10-minute interview at YouTube.

When asked how work is progressing on METALLICA's long-awaited new album, Hammett said, "It's coming along fairly well. We wrote 22 songs with the intention of recording 12 or 14, with the intention of putting maybe nine or ten on the new album, depending on how they all turn out once they're all finally recorded and mixed and done. The music is really heavy — surprise, surprise — very, very progressive; different from anything we've ever done before again. Yes, there are guitar solos. Yes, the production will be slightly better. We're using [producer] Rick Rubin [SLIPKNOT, AUDIOSLAVE, SLAYER, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS]. We're not recording in HQ [the band's rehearsal studio/headquarters in San Rafael, California]; we're recording down in L.A. at a place called Sound City. And we're just about to finish the drums, the drumming aspect of it. And when we get back to the States, that's when Rob [Trujillo, bass], James [Hetfield, guitar/vocals] and I start playing our instruments and building tracks. We're all pretty psyched about it. The material, we feel, is very, very strong. I like that to think that it sits somewhere between '…And Justice For All' and the 'black' album — that little niche right there. And like I said, again, it's very, very different.

If it is really somewhere between Justice and the Black album, we will all be shock, suprised and happy to have a kick ass Metallica CD
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:23 am

there are still those out there that expect Master Of Puppets part 2. those people will still be bitching.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 5:37 pm

I don't expect Master of Puppets: Part II. See what I wrote on the first page.

A more realistic expectation is St. Anger: Part II, which is EXACTLY what I predict.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:12 pm

axewielder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
fingers wrote:
my prediction is that Metallica will go back to their roots but they will become influenced by flavor of the month metal bands like Trivium and Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. I don't think it will sound that good to be honest.
Well, Trivium has been kissing Metallica's ass, and That's how they created "The Crusade". Actually not a bad listen. Better than all the emo crap on "Ascendancy".
Have you actually heard either album? Their music hasn't changed at all, only the vocals, and if any album was emo—which it's not, by the way—it would be The Crusade!
Dude, I own both albums, and I know what I hear and stand by what I said.
Well, you should educate yourself on what emo really is then.

Dude, if you want emo, then listen to the f****** Deftones. Emo as hell!

Acutually not. Try listening to Dashboard Confessional. That's a lot closer to emo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Quote :
Acutually not. Try listening to Dashboard Confessional. That's a lot closer to emo.

Oh yeah, even more emo!

(Dang, my cousin listens to a lot of emo music)lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 7:23 pm

I think it will be a decent album. I'll be pleased, none the less. But I'm not expecting anything great.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 9:59 pm

axewielder wrote:
I'm pretty sure they won't fail us anymore.

They have been failing us for the last 20 years. I don't expect that to change.

I don't expect MoP 2 from them. I don't expect anything from them. I won't whine, because Metallica has no impact on my world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2007 10:05 pm

OK, again, Dashboard Confessional is not emo, they're pop rock. And Deftones are not emo as hell! Not at all.

Fugazi and Quicksand are emo bands.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 12:59 pm

James Hetfield admmitted to kerrang this week that the making of st.anger was compromised by the way it was made in a democratical style. he also told them who rick rubin wants them to get their fire back in order to make a great album

i think after the st.anger getting mauled this will be just the thing to spurn them on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3