Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?

Go down 
+15
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
kmorg
Fat Freddy
sovdat
Smindas
Temple of Blood
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
thejokeriv
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:26 pm

All the wishful thinking in the world won't save this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Do you like anything? I swear, all you do is post things like this.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Do you like anything? I swear, all you do is post things like this.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:36 pm

I have the utmost faith in Metallica that this new album will kick St. Anger's ass. Everything this band put out (except for St. Anger) I liked.

I put this band at a 75%-84% shot that the new album will be a prime-slice of metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 4:24 pm

axewielder wrote:
I have the utmost faith in Metallica that this new album will kick St. Anger's ass. Everything this band put out (except for St. Anger) I liked.

I put this band at a 75%-84% shot that the new album will be a prime-slice of metal.
Lars farting with his ass submerged in a bowl of pudding would sound better than St. Anger. Laughing I have faith this album will be better, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Quote :
Lars farting with his ass submerged in a bowl of pudding would sound better than St. Anger.

Wow. That's some visual. lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:25 pm

Although I haven't been interested in anything by them since the black album, anything is possible and if it is cool stuff,I'll get it. I'm sure they have it in them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:31 pm

I'm pretty sure they won't fail us anymore.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:15 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I think the chances of them shocking the world with a return to metal are actually pretty good. I mean, think about it...no one expects it, and Metallica has always claimed to like to do what no one expects. Plus, no one in the metal community "expects" anything anyway.

I'm guardedly optimistic.

Arttie

I am not as interested in a "return to metal" for them, but a return to greatness, not holding my breath, Megadeth passed them up years ago in terms of greatness!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:51 pm

There is no way they'll return to their roots. No way. I honestly don't think they're capable of it, simply because it's not who they are now. I think St. Anger was them trying to go back to their roots. They just can't do it.

I do, however, think that Load and Reload was the band being honest with their music. That was what was in them at the time, and I think it shows by way of great songwriting. Yes, not everyone likes those albums because they view Metallica as that old school metal band, not the bluesy rock band. Regardless, I think Load and Reload are two great albums. If Metallica are honest with themselves, they'll release a great album. If not, St. Anger II (with better production; they can't make that mistake twice—right?).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 12:43 pm

When you say better production, does that also include a solo or two as well?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 1:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
There is no way they'll return to their roots. No way. I honestly don't think they're capable of it, simply because it's not who they are now. I think St. Anger was them trying to go back to their roots. They just can't do it.

I do, however, think that Load and Reload was the band being honest with their music. That was what was in them at the time, and I think it shows by way of great songwriting. Yes, not everyone likes those albums because they view Metallica as that old school metal band, not the bluesy rock band. Regardless, I think Load and Reload are two great albums. If Metallica are honest with themselves, they'll release a great album. If not, St. Anger II (with better production; they can't make that mistake twice—right?).

I agree with this. St.Anger was them trying to please the corwd, while The Loads are Metallica. I've always said it, and I'll continue to say it, wheather or not you like those albums, you still can't deny that they sound 110% Metallica, and no other band could have recorded them. There was/is no other band that sounds similar to those albums.

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 2:49 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I agree with this. St.Anger was them trying to please the corwd, while The Loads are Metallica. I've always said it, and I'll continue to say it, wheather or not you like those albums, you still can't deny that they sound 110% Metallica, and no other band could have recorded them. There was/is no other band that sounds similar to those albums.

That I agree with. Metallica has such a distinctness to their sound and their playing that practically NO ONE, ALIVE OR DEAD (save for Cliff Burton) can create those albums. Even if you grab the same amps, the same guitars, and a James Hetfield sound-alike, it's still not the same, because, no matter what, you can't recreate the vibe they had when they created Load/Reload. You can recreate the sound, but you can't recreate the vibe.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 4:23 pm

I'm really hoping that the next album blows us all away. Metallica pretty much started it all for me back in 84. Heck I still have 2 Metallica shirts (Ride The Lightning & Master Of Puppets) that I wear regularly and a pewter logo of theirs hanging from my truck mirror. Not to mention their stickers on various stuff I own.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 5:31 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]
axewielder wrote:

Lars farting with his ass submerged in a bowl of pudding would sound better than St. Anger. Laughing I have faith this album will be better, too.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

it just struck me funny thats all.....

Let's put it this way. No one knows what the album will sound like.. Just like a lot of Rush fans want '2112' part 2... Many Metallica fans want 'Master of Puppets' part 50.... It isn't gonna sound like that... But that doesn't mean their next disc won't kick butt....

(granted St. Anger does sound Lars farting with ass submerged in a bowl of pudding !!!)

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 9:52 pm

[quote="mr.electric39"]
Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

it just struck me funny thats all.....

Let's put it this way. No one knows what the album will sound like.. Just like a lot of Rush fans want '2112' part 2... Many Metallica fans want 'Master of Puppets' part 50.... It isn't gonna sound like that... But that doesn't mean their next disc won't kick butt....

(granted St. Anger does sound Lars farting with ass submerged in a bowl of pudding !!!)

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

Lars farting in pudding does sound funny. Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 8:41 pm

my prediction is that Metallica will go back to their roots but they will become influenced by flavor of the month metal bands like Trivium and Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. I don't think it will sound that good to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 5:06 pm

fingers wrote:
my prediction is that Metallica will go back to their roots but they will become influenced by flavor of the month metal bands like Trivium and Lamb of God and Killswitch Engage. I don't think it will sound that good to be honest.

Well, Trivium has been kissing Metallica's ass, and That's how they created "The Crusade". Actually not a bad listen. Better than all the emo crap on "Ascendancy".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 7:36 pm

fingers wrote:

Flavor of the month bands? I'm sure their fans don't look at them the same way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 7:57 pm

I was thinking the same thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 8:46 pm

axewielder wrote:
fingers wrote:
Well, Trivium has been kissing Metallica's ass, and That's how they created "The Crusade". Actually not a bad listen. Better than all the emo crap on "Ascendancy".
Have you actually heard either album? Their music hasn't changed at all, only the vocals, and if any album was emo—which it's not, by the way—it would be The Crusade!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
fingers wrote:
Have you actually heard either album? Their music hasn't changed at all, only the vocals, and if any album was emo—which it's not, by the way—it would be The Crusade!

"The Crusade" was really good, everything else they put out sounded like smurf poo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 9:57 pm

TheCumming Curse91 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
fingers wrote:
"The Crusade" was really good, everything else they put out sounded like smurf poo
I think that's probably too harsh of a choice of wording, but Matt Heafy definitely doesn't have a good scream. It's too dry, sounds like he has the flu. I think if they re-recorded those first two album utilizing an aggressive vocal approach, rather than throaty screaming, then they would be outstanding albums!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
fingers wrote:

Dude, I own both albums, and I know what I hear and stand by what I said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 10:53 pm

axewielder wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
fingers wrote:
Dude, I own both albums, and I know what I hear and stand by what I said.
Well, you should educate yourself on what emo really is then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?   What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are The Chances Of Metallica Shocking Us All?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next