Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Are The Fallen

Go down 
+11
mc666
325ad
7thSaviour
snooloui
Lionheartâ„¢
nevermore
thejokeriv
GrandNational
Metallic Blaze
akeldama
Eyesore
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:14 pm

I have only heard one song and it is not bad but man does she sound like Amy Lee!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:50 am

I love the album!!! Absolutely fantastic album. Carly Smithson has a stronger and fuller voice than Amy Lee.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:30 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I love the album!!! Absolutely fantastic album. Carly Smithson has a stronger and fuller voice than Amy Lee.
I don't know about that. Both have great voices, but I think Amy has a more unique tone.

Carly most definitely tries to emulate that at times, and she does it perfectly, but it's not her overall style so she comes off rather generic, for lack of a better word. She is great, though, but nothing really sets her apart from all the other great female vocalists out there.

Either way, it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I actually think Amy took the band in a better direction on The Open Door

Still kind of lame how similar this band is trying to be.
i agree with these two statements.

seems like Amy took the first album & built on it with The Open Door, whereas, Moody just wanted to recreate the first album all the way down to grabbing up any old members & an Amy lee knock off.
Have you heard the album yet?
absolutely & i still stand by my statement. is it bad? not at all. it sounds very much like the 1st Evanescence (which was the obvious point). is it as good as The Open Door? in my opinion ...no way.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:13 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I actually think Amy took the band in a better direction on The Open Door

Still kind of lame how similar this band is trying to be.
i agree with these two statements.

seems like Amy took the first album & built on it with The Open Door, whereas, Moody just wanted to recreate the first album all the way down to grabbing up any old members & an Amy lee knock off.
Have you heard the album yet?
absolutely & i still stand by my statement. is it bad? not at all. it sounds very much like the 1st Evanescence (which was the obvious point). is it as good as The Open Door? in my opinion ...no way.

Cool - opinions are fine and they way you posted it is great

I personally think it is better than The Open Door
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:05 am

It would have a very strong album to be even better then 'Open Door' but going by one song which I know is completely unfair, I have to say it sounds like Ben is trying to recreate Evanescence, but I would have to hear the album a few times before I can give it a fair assessment.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:52 am

manny wrote:
It would have a very strong album to be even better then 'Open Door' but going by one song which I know is completely unfair, I have to say it sounds like Ben is trying to recreate Evanescence, but I would have to hear the album a few times before I can give it a fair assessment.

I think you will like it!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:45 am

I understand the comparison here but Carly cant help her tone is similar to Amy's. As far as the band, I can't get into this at all. I'm not a fan of Evanescence, but I gave this a try after reading countless posts here...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:45 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I understand the comparison here but Carly cant help her tone is similar to Amy's. As far as the band, I can't get into this at all. I'm not a fan of Evanescence, but I gave this a try after reading countless posts here...
Sure she can. Amy has that deeper tone that comes through, and Carly clearly emulates that.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Sure she can. Amy has that deeper tone that comes through, and Carly clearly emulates that.

Maybe thats her comfortable register. Tons of singers sound like one another, are they trying to emulate them? Who knows...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:56 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Maybe thats her comfortable register. Tons of singers sound like one another, are they trying to emulate them? Who knows...
Yes, but when Amy hits that tone it's not a typical tone, it's more unique to her voice. I admit it's possible they Smithson is not copying, but considering everything involved I'd imagine it's very unlikely.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Yes, but when Amy hits that tone it's not a typical tone, it's more unique to her voice. I admit it's possible they Smithson is not copying, but considering everything involved I'd imagine it's very unlikely.

I agree with that but if Ben put together a band to sound like his old one, thats just stupid if you ask me. It's not a big deal to be similar musically, because I'm sure thats what Ben likes to play but to go out there and find a similar voice to Amy is really pointless to me.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:01 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

I agree with that but if Ben put together a band to sound like his old one, thats just stupid if you ask me. It's not a big deal to be similar musically, because I'm sure thats what Ben likes to play but to go out there and find a similar voice to Amy is really pointless to me.

Ben did not put the band together his old manager with Evanescence did as well as Records Company Execs.

I like them but I clearly think you can tell that Carly is a imitator and not an originator.

The songs for the most part to me seem like leftover or reworked Evanescence songs. It is too early to tell with just one album but the next one better be more original or these guys will be a story of a short lived success. I can promise the new Evanescence is going to be fantastic, if not the best stuff to date from what I have heard at a private invite only show.

Last edited by 325ad on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:21 am

We Are The Fallen covering "Flight Of Icraus":

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 am

I bought the CD a couple of weeks ago and I love We Are the Fallen album, it may not be the most original album out there but I loved it anyway and that chick has a killer voice.

Last edited by manny on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:14 pm

I don't get why people complain about similar voices. Journey did it and it worked well for them. Alice in Chains did the same thing. If it's what they do why not?
Back to top Go down
Starman
Metal novice
Metal novice
Starman

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:44 pm

[quote="thejokeriv"]I picked this up yesterday and I really like it!!! Great album!!! Anyone else pick it up?[/quote]

Yes I did. Me likee! [img]/users/3215/80/92/40/smiles/25679.gif[/img]
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:31 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I don't get why people complain about similar voices. Journey did it and it worked well for them. Alice in Chains did the same thing. If it's what they do why not?
Yeah, but this isn't Evanescence.

I love the album, though. My complaint about the vocals is that she's trying to sing a certain way rather than just doing her own style and tone all the time, which is great. So why change it?

Has anyone checked out Ben's solo stuff?

It's really good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Are The Fallen   We Are The Fallen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Are The Fallen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2