Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?

Go down 
+57
Hadley
DarthMetalis
James B.
chewie
Wargod
adrian
bassman
Garyah
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Doomdance
JDC
jstate
Grimmo
TrogDawn
steel_alloy
Joe
rattpoison
shamgar75
Gilbert
JBall_Z
scottmitchell74
SlaytanicPOWER
Orion Crystal Ice
powermacho
metalheaded
troublemagnet
Addy
thejokeriv
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
Shiney
snooloui
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
allthingsmetal
krokus
manny
kmorg
stepcousin
mc666
Vexer6
Required Fields
fingers
Olafsto
Schbopo
Dave the Boss
Black Coffee
Stender
XYZ
akeldama
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
Troublezone
ultmetal
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 am

there are tons of bands i like that have no chance in hell of appearing on either your site or that other guys.

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:57 am

I was just checking out NoLifeTilMetal and I noticed you dont have Bad Company in there. I know they arent metal but your site is pretty much includes tons of 70's rock. Is there a reason, like maybe you arent a fan of BC (for the life of me I couldnt imagine why; I thought I had your musical tastes pretty much pegged at this point and Bad Company, the first supergroup of the 70's and the first band signed to Led Zeppelin's Swan Song label, would be high up on your list of best bands of the 70's) or even the 80's version of BC ( I'm not a big fan but they pretty much fit right it with alot of the "lite" heavy metal bands of the late 80's).

just wonderin'......
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 am

Crowbar. Start with 'Odd Fellows Rest'. It has a super heavy melodic doom-core sound.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:51 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
VENOM headbanger
Tank
Pagan Altar
Heir Apparent
Satan's Host
Manilla Road
Brocas Helm

Tank - Too much punk in thier sound for me
Pagan Altar - If I ever come across the CD for cheap, i'll try them out
Heir appartment - Been meaning to check them out
Satan's Host - Was never really interested in this band, probably because of the name
Manilla Road - This band will be added to the fold soon. I own 3 or 4 albums of them now
Brocas Helm - Not familiar with them, other than by name

Schbopo wrote:

MM
Blue Oyster Cult
AC/DC
Deep Purple
Van Halen
Motorhead
Diamond Head
UFO
MORE SAXON

BOC - Never interested me
AC/DC - Was never a huge fan, but since I'm seeing them live this spring, maybe I'll change my mind.
Deep Purple - I guess somewhere down the line i'll start a DP collection
Van Halen - Another band I've been meaning to get some CD's from
Motörhead - Meh....... maybe
Diamond Head - Metallica did them better..... :p
UFO - Another band I never heard much from, but perhaps in time I will start to listen to them
Saxon - Look forward to the next update Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:28 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I do have some Tankard on my site, but I do need some more Tankard. I have a few other Tankard albums not on my site that I have on my iPod, but I only review real CD copies, not digital downloads.

Really? I don't see the link when I browse the collection / reviews list....

Definitely pick up High On Fire. You won't be disappointed! Snakes Of The Divine is their newest. Work backwards through their discography, I'd suggest. They've added a distinct thrash influence on the last few, but their early works have a more stoner / doom vibe.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/tankard.htm

stepcousin wrote:
I was just checking out NoLifeTilMetal and I
noticed you dont have Bad Company in there. I know they arent metal but
your site is pretty much includes tons of 70's rock. Is there a reason,
like maybe you arent a fan of BC (for the life of me I couldnt imagine
why; I thought I had your musical tastes pretty much pegged at this
point and Bad Company, the first supergroup of the 70's and the first
band signed to Led Zeppelin's Swan Song label, would be high up on your
list of best bands of the 70's) or even the 80's version of BC ( I'm
not a big fan but they pretty much fit right it with alot of the "lite"
heavy metal bands of the late 80's).

just wonderin'......

Just don't have any. So many CDs, so little money. I like Bad Company, though they never topped my list of favorites.

Troublezone wrote:
Crowbar. Start with 'Odd Fellows Rest'. It has a super heavy melodic doom-core sound.

I have Past and Present sitting in a pile to review. I've spun it a couple times but it didn't really hit me, so I've yet to add it to the site.
Dave the Boss wrote:
VENOM headbanger
Tank
Pagan Altar
Heir Apparent
Satan's Host
Manilla Road
Brocas Helm

Tank - I have several Tank albums on vinyl. I have a lot of vinyl not on my site yet.

Venom - Someday. I was a fan back in the day, but haven't really gotten back into them again.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 am

fingers wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
What bands or albums do you think are missing from NLTM or MetalMetropolis that should really be there?

why don't you have anything by The Cult? that really surprised me

Also Venom
Living Colour
latest album by Krokus and stampede by them as well.
Thunder
Airbourne
Sadistik Exekution
Francis X (by the looks of it can only get their cd from amazon they only released one album back in 1992 similar to Bangalore Choir's problem of not getting noticed, one of those hair bands that started out too late)

More Mortal Sin
Morbid Angel I know you are not of much of a death metal fan I am not as well but IMO Morbid Angel along with Death are the best death metal bands of all time
Laaz Rockit's latest album (one of the best thrash metal albums of 2008)
Wallflower by My Sister's Machine (it's more sludge metal than grunge be interested what you think of that album
Kyuss (Wretch and Blues for the red sun)
Spread Eagle (IMO best band in the hair metal genre headbanger headbanger
More Leatherwolf
Soulbender headbanger
Dark Order (one of the best thrash metal bands from Australia)
Hobbs Angel of Death(Another top australian thrash metal band)
Melvins
Saint Vitus
Down after listening to this band it changed my negative opinion about Phil Anselmo to a positive opinion
Bang Tango another killer hair metal band that should of been more popular than Poison headbanger

Will be adding the new Laaz Rockit to my next update. I have had it for a couple weeks now but wanted to give it more spins first.

Kyuss. Yes. So many CDs, so little money.

Saint Vitus, I have several on vinyl. I really do need to get some on CD.

Down. BLECH! No thank you.

Airbourne. Yup. Be a good one to add.

Living Color. Had the first one on CD for a short time. Listened to it a few times. Traded it. It was ok, but not really my thing.

Mortal Sin. I have the first two. I'm not familiar with anything beyond those two.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 am

BTW, for those that care, I added an update today:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:46 am

Free

Cream

I do not think you are a punk fan but the Sex Pistols are essential
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:47 am

MC666. Knowing my limited knowledge of death metal. Who would you suggest. I really like that old school stuff. Six Feet Under, Mortification, Bolt Thrower.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:25 pm

All german glory 80s heavy metal bands:
ATTACK
TRANCE
TALON
NOISEHUNTER
GRAVESTONE
STORMWITCH
HIGH TENSION
VETO
and the newer band UNREST.

Last edited by krokus on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Here are just a few that I was surprised were not on NLTM (as I think you would like them):
--Messiah's Kiss (good power metal/traditional mix)
--Havochate....This Violent Earth (much different that their second. Much more true thrash--before this current resurgence)
--Soulfly....The Prohecy and Dark Ages (I know you have their first one. These two have many songs that go back to his aggression, energetic/kinda thrashy style. Some crap too, though. Great to listen to on the way to softball).
--I did not want to include newer bands but you may like Mantic Ritual and Savage Messiah too.
--You can never go worng with the Ramones either Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 163436
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28457

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Overthrow
Disciples of Power
Monstrosity
Pestilence
Screamer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
fingers wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
What bands or albums do you think are missing from NLTM or MetalMetropolis that should really be there?

why don't you have anything by The Cult? that really surprised me

Also Venom
Living Colour
latest album by Krokus and stampede by them as well.
Thunder
Airbourne
Sadistik Exekution
Francis X (by the looks of it can only get their cd from amazon they only released one album back in 1992 similar to Bangalore Choir's problem of not getting noticed, one of those hair bands that started out too late)

More Mortal Sin
Morbid Angel I know you are not of much of a death metal fan I am not as well but IMO Morbid Angel along with Death are the best death metal bands of all time
Laaz Rockit's latest album (one of the best thrash metal albums of 2008)
Wallflower by My Sister's Machine (it's more sludge metal than grunge be interested what you think of that album
Kyuss (Wretch and Blues for the red sun)
Spread Eagle (IMO best band in the hair metal genre headbanger headbanger
More Leatherwolf
Soulbender headbanger
Dark Order (one of the best thrash metal bands from Australia)
Hobbs Angel of Death(Another top australian thrash metal band)
Melvins
Saint Vitus
Down after listening to this band it changed my negative opinion about Phil Anselmo to a positive opinion
Bang Tango another killer hair metal band that should of been more popular than Poison headbanger

Will be adding the new Laaz Rockit to my next update. I have had it for a couple weeks now but wanted to give it more spins first.

Kyuss. Yes. So many CDs, so little money.

They only released 5 albums Wretch, Blues for the Red Sun, Welcome to Sky Valley (1 you got), Circus leaves the Town, Queens of the Stone Age.

I only recommend Wretch and Blues for the Red Sun
I however don't recommend circus leaves the town and Queens of the Stone Age they start to sound too much like Queens of the Stone Age you'll only like them if you like QofTSA.

Also how come you havent got anything by Bang tango,Spread Eagle and The Cult?

Last edited by fingers on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typing errors)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:02 pm

allthingsmetal wrote:
Here are just a few that I was surprised were not on NLTM (as I think you would like them):
--Messiah's Kiss (good power metal/traditional mix)
--Havochate....This Violent Earth (much different that their second. Much more true thrash--before this current resurgence)
--Soulfly....The Prohecy and Dark Ages (I know you have their first one. These two have many songs that go back to his aggression, energetic/kinda thrashy style. Some crap too, though. Great to listen to on the way to softball).
--I did not want to include newer bands but you may like Mantic Ritual and Savage Messiah too.
--You can never go worng with the Ramones either Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 163436

I have some Ramones on my site, though I do need to add some more. I have a Russian version of Rocket to Russia that I will be adding soon. I have some Ramones on vinyl as well.

I'd have to hear anything new from Soulfly first. The one I have didn't really do anything for me at all.

Havochate. Yup. Need some more.

Required Fields wrote:
Overthrow
Disciples of Power
Monstrosity
Pestilence
Screamer

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/screamer.htm

manny wrote:
Free

Cream

I do not think you are a punk fan but the Sex Pistols are essential

I have Disraeli Gears on vinyl. I also have the Farwell Concert on DVD. Neither have been added to the site yet.

Use to love Nevermind the Bullocks. When I was in college the local radio station, as a joke for April Fools day, played nothing but the Sex Pistols for 24 hours. We listened to it over and over and over again to the point that I wanted to kill the next person that played the stinkin' Sex Pistols. A few years ago my son picked up Nevermind the Bullocks on CD and was playing it quite often. Reminded me of how much I liked that album.

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah the first Soulfly was terrible (to me). I found The Prophecy and Dark Ages in a 'reduced bin' and something just told me to try them out. Big difference from their first.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MC666. Knowing my limited knowledge of death metal. Who would you suggest. I really like that old school stuff. Six Feet Under, Mortification, Bolt Thrower.

ok then, most importantly missing from your site is Asphyx.

also check into Cianide, Pestilence, Carnage, Immolation, Hail of Bullets, Coffins, Usurper, Autopsy, Master, Runemagick, Unleashed, Incantation, Benediction, Nihilist, Angel Corpse, Sadistic intent....

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ok then, most importantly missing from your site is Asphyx.

also check into Cianide, Pestilence, Carnage, Immolation, Hail of Bullets, Coffins, Usurper, Autopsy, Master, Runemagick, Unleashed, Incantation, Benediction, Nihilist, Angel Corpse, Sadistic intent....

You know, I might have Pestilence CD that is yet to be reviewed. I'll look for it.

Asphyx. Cool. Will check into them. I'm not familiar with them at all, yet.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
BTW, for those that care, I added an update today:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Just noticed that right under the Warrant -Born Again review is the Whiplash-Unborn Again review. Thought that was funny.

You should check out some Therion albums between 1997-2001. Theli and Vovin are great.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Don't know if Vexer was serious or not, but it'd still be an interesting read to get Scott's view on them. Godsmack is decent. They're a good singles band. Never bothered with any albums past their debut.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah I'll back MC's list!
Asphyx, Cianide,
Pestilence, Carnage, Immolation, Hail of Bullets, Coffins, Usurper,
Autopsy, Master, Runemagick, Unleashed, Incantation, Benediction,
Nihilist, Angel Corpse, Sadistic intent.

I'd also add Grave, Gorguts, Resurrection, Brutality, Entombed, Dismember, Carnage, Incantation and Gravehill.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:34 pm

I have one Entombed CD on NLTM. Wolverine Blues I believe.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Yeah I was serious, i'd love to see those bands reviewed on this site.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:07 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Yeah I was serious, i'd love to see those bands reviewed on this site.

I can assure you that Scott will most likely never ever review Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Saliva,
Evanescence, Godsmack, Nickelback, Within Temptation, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, or Mudvayne. Having known his site for over a decade, these bands have almost no chance of making it, specially Godsmack and Nickelback.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Magnum.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28457

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:46 pm

I noticed Screamer on NLTM shortly after mentioning them in this thread, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?   Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands missing from NoLifeTilMetal and/or MetalMetropolis?
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next