Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toys I had when I was a kid...

Go down 
+21
Orion Crystal Ice
Lari
Sutekh
exact33
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
Leatherface
akeldama
XYZ
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Hamer12
T-Roy
James B.
mc666
Troublezone
kmorg
manny
TheGooch
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:53 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
LEGOS! Loved them. And that was back when you had to use your imagination, not put together a preplanned set!

My seven year old is a LEGO maniac and once he puts together the "preplanned set" once or twice, he then uses the pieces to come up with his own creations. I'm like "Way to go, kid... stick it to the man!"

Sutekh wrote:
We had Lincoln Logs (though nobody I know seems to remember them)...

My son got a set of Lincoln Logs for his birthday this past year. He was like "What are these?" and I told him "the LEGOS of the 1960s." He digs'em, he'll make a little log cabin garage to drive his Hot Wheels in and out of.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:53 am

Got something like this for Christmas one year. A Mongoose scooter. Great for hopping the curbs.

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 16inchchinesescoot2
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 am

Anyone else remember these? my brother and I had a whole collection of these old-school metal Tonka mini trucks:

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 O_3XeTvpvaOxyjQsX

I'm pretty sure we had this same fire truck, we also had a tow truck, an ambulance, dump truck, pickup truck, etc., etc. My son found the red & yellow dump truck from this series in a box of toys at a church rummage sale a couple of years ago. It was all beaten and scratched up but I was like "Oh dude, we HAVE to get you this!" When he asked "why?" I sez "Because Daddy used to have this same damn truck!!"

My bro and I also had quite a few of the giant size Tonka construction trucks (dump truck, bucket loader, bulldozer, etc.) -- we kept those outside for playing in the dirt/mud with. I remember using the bulldozer to "plow" our front steps once during a snowstorm. Laughing

We had quite a collection of the original Kenner Star Wars action figures too. I remember saving proof-of-purchase tokens from the packages of three figures to mail in and get the exclusive Boba Fett figure (which was only available via mail order at the time -- it was before he'd even appeared in one of the movies, as it was in between "Star Wars" and "Empire.") ... I damn near died when I went to a collectibles show about ten years ago and saw how much $$ some of those figures and vehicle sets are going for nowadays. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am

I had those Tonka trucks and lots of those Kenner Star Wars figures.

I know what you mean about the worth of some of those old toys I used to have an almost complete collection of Mego DC Comic super heroes, and I could not believe how much some of these action figures where commanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Yeah. I thought you were supposed to play with those things not keep them in the wrapper and sell them later.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:39 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Yeah. I thought you were supposed to play with those things not keep them in the wrapper and sell them later.

True. But now I know how my Dad felt when I was a kid and he took me to my first big comic book convention in New York City. He spent the entire day in shock, walking around and seeing the price tags on all these old comics he'd had as a kid... he was like "I had that one! How much is it? (goes pale) HOW MUCH?" over and over again Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:41 pm

When I was kid I had this toy:

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Ektoys
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:49 pm

manny wrote:

I had one of those too. Wrecked it when I revved ol' Evel up and sent him flying down the stairs to the basement. Evel survived his jump over the Snake River Canyon, but not down to the rec room Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Behqyi10I used to have books called, Big Little Books. They were small and fat and had illustrations all throughout. My Dad had them and some were still in good shape, until I got through with them. I had that Dick Tracy one and it's selling on Ebay for 45.99 and i've seen them for higher. We sold them at a garage sale for $5 each. Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_cry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Hello-kitty-vibrator-pinkthumbnail
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Behqyi10I used to have books called, Big Little Books. They were small and fat and had illustrations all throughout. My Dad had them and some were still in good shape, until I got through with them. I had that Dick Tracy one and it's selling on Ebay for 45.99 and i've seen them for higher. We sold them at a garage sale for $5 each. Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_cry

I remember those!! I didn't have any vintage ones like that but they must've revived 'em for a while in the 70s. I used to get'em at Kay-Bee Toys in the mall. I think I had Donald Duck and Flintstones ones. Laughing

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:36 pm

manny wrote:

Had on of those too!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:44 pm

I am sure you will all be shocked by this but I do own the following action figures:

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Jim_Morrison_L

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Hendrix_doll_350
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Hello-kitty-vibrator-pinkthumbnail

That stinks!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:25 am

if we're including some books, does anyone else like these?:

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Choose
Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:48 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
if we're including some books, does anyone else like these?:

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Choose

I lives the "Choose Your Own Adventure" book...I kept trying to get my charater killed. Wow, even back then I was a twisted.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 9:37 am

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 11840 I also enjoyed the lesser-known installments of the series.

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Choose10yi

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 CYOA-778628

Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 CosmoDNA2
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:00 am

"My parents gave me a Slinky once as a child. I straightened it."

Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
"My parents gave me a Slinky once as a child. I straightened it."

I think its, "I had a slinky. But I straightened it." Good Ghostbusters II reference.
Back to top Go down
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:24 pm

a magic kit and transformers. I also read "THE ORIGINAL" choose your own adventure books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toys I had when I was a kid...   Toys I had when I was a kid... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toys I had when I was a kid...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3