Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Favorite Schenker album?

Go down 
+6
JBall_Z
ultmetal
manny
James B.
Ben Grimm
mr.electric39
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

A Favorite Schenker album? Empty
PostSubject: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Just sitting here listening to 'One Night at Budokan'..... and thinking about it?

anyone? A Favorite Schenker album? 56834
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:08 pm

I like Assault Attack
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:16 am

I like ALL the Schenker lps with Barden on vocals. Even the one with Graham Bonnet's vocals A Favorite Schenker album? 78889 is good. The Robin M. stuff is good as well.
The only stuff that is decent after that IMHO is the two Patttison/Schenker Summit cds.

One Night... is a great live album

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 am

My favorite Michael Schenker Group album is 'Assault Attack' I think the combo of Graham Bonnett's vocals and Schenker's guitar playing made them a powerful unit, too bad it all went pear shaped after just a few shows.

The McAuley-Schenker era is ok, I have grown to like it somewhat, but at the time of the original release I was very disappointed to say the least.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:29 pm

I also like Built to Destroy.... the euro version is a bit heavier
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm

I'd say either of the first two studio albums, though Assault Attack is great too. I actually am diggin' on Beware of the Scorpions too.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:57 pm

I've always preferred the first two with Gary Barden on vocals, especially the first one, Armed and Ready, Cry For The Nation, and Lost Horizons. I love it.

Last edited by JBall_Z on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 pm

I have 'Built to Destroy' on vinyl and CD, I usually do not keep the vinyl once I replaced it on CD, and I also love that album and it was the first MSG album I owned.

What I find odd is on the CD the song known as 'Rock Will Never Die' has been retitled 'Walk On Stage'
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:04 pm

All of the early ones are classic, although I do vastly prefer Gary Barden over Graham Bonnet. But they are all good. I loved McAuley in Grand Prix, but not so much in MSG.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Can't go wrong with his first 2 cds awesome stuff!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

One Night At Budokan! Friggin' electric man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:17 am

I only have the first album. That's a classic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Favorite Schenker album?   A Favorite Schenker album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Favorite Schenker album?
Page 1 of 1