Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!

Go down 
+22
Alex Dee Rokket
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
JBall_Z
Troublezone
DallasBlack
exact33
MetalGuy71
stormspell
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
ozzman
ultmetal
mc666
Addy
Shiney
manny
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Eyesore
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 pm

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Blabbermouth changed their website. I can comment again! Haha. Actually, looks like you comment through your Facebook page. I wonder if this will cut down on the negative BS that permeates that site.

Probably not.
Maybe somewhat since they would have to use their FB account.
now i have to register all my fake HateTate accounts on facebook to slam him??? Man... what a drag...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 pm

I like the new look on Blabbermouth. I hope it's more mobile-friendly than the "old" site. Anytime I tried to check the Blab headlines on my phone before, it would lock the whole damn thing up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like the new look on Blabbermouth. I hope it's more mobile-friendly than the "old" site. Anytime I tried to check the Blab headlines on my phone before, it would lock the whole damn thing up.
They had a shit-ton of ads and spyware going on the old site. Once I installed the Ad-Block Plus add-on for Firefox, the site ran smooth. Doesn't work on a phone of course, but if you have Firefox, Ad-Block Plus is essential.

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:55 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
They had a shit-ton of ads and spyware going on the old site. Once I installed the Ad-Block Plus add-on for Firefox, the site ran smooth. Doesn't work on a phone of course, but if you have Firefox, Ad-Block Plus is essential.
I use Firefox with Noscript. Works just as good.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 3:00 am

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Might have to check out Noscript. I'm assuming it keep scripts from running or something? I just had to reset Firefox yesterday because scripts were crashing left and right.

The worst was that I would be watching a YouTube video and it would randomly just stop and eventually a script error would pop up. But I could then never get any website to load unless I rebooted. I couldn't log off/on; I had to reboot. I tried shutting down all the add-ons, ending processes, stopping services, but I could never pinpoint the problem. Such a pain.

Hopefully the reset fixed it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Might have to check out Noscript. I'm assuming it keep scripts from running or something? I just had to reset Firefox yesterday because scripts were crashing left and right.

The worst was that I would be watching a YouTube video and it would randomly just stop and eventually a script error would pop up. But I could then never get any website to load unless I rebooted. I couldn't log off/on; I had to reboot. I tried shutting down all the add-ons, ending processes, stopping services, but I could never pinpoint the problem. Such a pain.

Hopefully the reset fixed it.
I recommend Noscript to everyone & even install it & Firefox on pc's I've repaired. Greatest extension to have ever been created!

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:09 am

Yeah I also run noscript - I have been for a long time. The good thing about this extension is you can control what scripts you want to run and in conjunction with adblock plus you can prevent much of the internet clutter from ever making contact with your computer.

By default, most scripts will not work with noscript but the magic is you can allow scripts just on pages you trust and visit regularly. For pages you've never visited before, you can at least see what they're about before you agree to allow their scripts to run.

Regarding the new blabbermouth site - I noticed that to comment you are now required to be logged into your facebook account. And guess what? The comments have dropped to a dramatic zero now. I don't know if any of the trolls will be as brave enough now to comment using their facebook accounts leaving them more exposed. Certainly I don't think we will see a return of RiotAct666 any time soon under the new posting regime on the site.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 am

Eventually the truly dedicated trolls will start Facebook accounts under assumed names for the express purpose of throwing poop on Blabbermouth. Very Happy

Seriously, I'm surprised that they didn't just do away with the comment function entirely. It's pretty useless anyway. It's not like a message board or forum where you can keep going back and adding to threads from weeks or months before (well, I suppose that technically you can, but nobody will see it)... once a story drops off the first or second page, it's pretty much dead.

...and as I said earlier in this thread, the comments section was always like a roomful of monkeys flinging poop at each other 24-7 anyway so what's the point?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:11 am

So I went to the "new" Blabbermouth this morning... and when I clicked to read the first story, I got a screen that sez "We're performing some metal maintenance - we'll be right back!"

...so I guess they haven't worked all the bugs out quite yet. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 11:27 am

I can't seem to see any of the embedded videos on any stories. Wonder if that's one of the bugs they are working on?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eventually the truly dedicated trolls will start Facebook accounts under assumed names for the express purpose of throwing poop on Blabbermouth. Very Happy

Seriously, I'm surprised that they didn't just do away with the comment function entirely. It's pretty useless anyway. It's not like a message board or forum where you can keep going back and adding to threads from weeks or months before (well, I suppose that technically you can, but nobody will see it)... once a story drops off the first or second page, it's pretty much dead.

...and as I said earlier in this thread, the comments section was always like a roomful of monkeys flinging poop at each other 24-7 anyway so what's the point?
But they're making money off of all those turds who visit the site. They like the trolls. =)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Quote :
I hope it's more mobile-friendly than the "old" site. Anytime I tried to check the Blab headlines on my phone before, it would lock the whole damn thing up.
Checked out the new-look Blabbermouth from my phone today and it doesn't crash its browser anymore!! Woohoo! I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 25679

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 am

Has Blabbermouth disallowed Facebook comments on their site or have I been banned again?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 10:44 am

I see them. Must be you.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 1:39 pm

You going for some kind of record? \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Has Blabbermouth disallowed Facebook comments on their site or have I been banned again?

Might be a problem on their end. Now I see that "Facebook comments are currently unavailable".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 5:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Might be a problem on their end. Now I see that "Facebook comments are currently unavailable".

Yeah, that's what I see. The latest Moonspell album was reviewed by a guy who just laced his "review" with negative comments and nonsense ("brushing riffs," "breezing choruses," etc.), then gave the album an 8/10. Haha. So I called him a turd or something, then I could no longer see comments. Thought that might have gotten me banned.

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:53 pm

So I called him a turd or something, then I could no longer see comments. Thought that might have gotten me banned.

You called him a turd... Laughing very hard

Last edited by assault_attack on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Pretty much any new album from a respected metal band gets a "solid" 8/10.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Every. single. day there's an article with some musician responding to Gene Simmons' assertion that rock is dead, or a SLAYUR-related interview with Dave Lombardo. If they could put as much effort into writing news stories as they do shit-stirring, they'd be in business.

Currently, they're doing some extensive interviews with Dave Ellefson, probably trying to get him to trash talk Chris and/or Shawn.

Also, what comment section on the internet isn't a melting pot of mental illness? Yahoo! and YouTube are the worst offenders.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:51 pm

They've turned into a TMZ-type site with click-bait headlines and whatnot. For instance:

MOONSPELL's FERNANDO RIBEIRO Photographed Wearing Women's Shoes

Technically, this is true. However, this is why:

"Vocalist Fernando Ribeiro of Portuguese metallers MOONSPELL was one of the 100 writers, musicians, scientists, actors, athletes, doctors, models, TV presenters and politicians who took part in "100 Men Without Prejudice", a Portuguese campaign against gender discrimination."

It's a great site for news, but they're so discriminatory on one hand and exploitative on the other. I mean, you'll never see news about 3 Doors Down on the site, but they post Nickelback news all the time because it's cool and trendy to hate Nickelback, so it generates a ton of traffic and makes a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:52 pm

assault_attack wrote:

So I called him a turd or something, then I could no longer see comments. Thought that might have gotten me banned.

He calls everybody turds, all the time!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:33 am

Boris2008 wrote:
assault_attack wrote:

He calls everybody turds, all the time!  lol!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 pm

BraveWords news is a lot better at supporting indie metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3