Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!

Go down 
+22
Alex Dee Rokket
Shawn Of Fire
Dark Horseman
JBall_Z
Troublezone
DallasBlack
exact33
MetalGuy71
stormspell
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
ozzman
ultmetal
mc666
Addy
Shiney
manny
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
Smindas
Eyesore
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
How in the world to create an account there? I have wanted to make some smart a$$ comments every now and then, but don't see an potion to create a user id anywhere (maybe I'm just blind....)

It ain't worth the trouble. I don't even remember my password over there anymore, I haven't posted anything in ages.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:03 am

Eyesore wrote:
Beyond that, though, it's fantastic for music news.

Someone over there must hate me, because no matter how many times I tried to submit Stormspell news, they never get approved and posted on the feed. Prior to 2009 everything submitted was posted without any problem... but since then, zero.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:52 am

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Someone over there must hate me, because no matter how many times I tried to submit Stormspell news, they never get approved and posted on the feed. Prior to 2009 everything submitted was posted without any problem... but since then, zero.

No, they don't hate you. You haven't purchased advertising with them. Uh-huh! They were doing the same thing to Roxx Records.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:04 am

I used to go to that site every morning like clockwork. But in the last year or so, I barely go there at all anymore. I just don't care about the bands they're covering anymore.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I used to go to that site every morning like clockwork. But in the last year or so, I barely go there at all anymore. I just don't care about the bands they're covering anymore.

I added them to my twitter feed, so I can check twitter and only go there if its a band or story that interests me, which means maybe one story a day these days
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
How in the world to create an account there? I have wanted to make some smart a$$ comments every now and then, but don't see an potion to create a user id anywhere (maybe I'm just blind....)

I can never figure it out myself. I've submitted my info to join but not get a confirmation email and I've used multiple email address. I just gave up, I don't care.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
No, they don't hate you. You haven't purchased advertising with them. Uh-huh! They were doing the same thing to Roxx Records.

Well, I'd understand if they try to pimp me to buy ad space or something, but they NEVER say anything to me man. It is like a void where all my e-mails disappear without a trace...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
That place is weird. A month or so ago Roxx told me that they sent a news blurb to them to post and sent me the link. I go over and check it out. Someone there posts a comment about me being a "Christian nutcase" or something like that, which I playfully go along with and say, "Yes, that's me." Never really went back after that. Today I get this nasty email from somebody telling me that I'm a self-absorbed sfincter for what I posted over there? What the heck? I go back to check it out and apparently because I actually read and posted on a thread about my own band I am "egostistical". What the heck?

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=180451

first the Tate and now The Ult.... what is the world coming to??

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 am

Not too familiar with Blabbermouth, but from what I'm hearing I'm glad. This was the very first forum I ever joined and aside from a few hiccups in the beginning I feel very at home here. All other forums I've observed have been filled with petty bickering and foul mouthed insults. Even when we DO have people arguing, there is no 'go f*ck youself', 'suck my d*ck', 'f*ck off and die', and other juvenile insults. If there ever is, they are gone fairly quickly. Because of stuff like that, I have never really feel like joining any of them. This is my internet home.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:29 am

Blabbermouth is basically just an insult circus.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Not too familiar with Blabbermouth, but from what I'm hearing I'm glad. This was the very first forum I ever joined and aside from a few hiccups in the beginning I feel very at home here. All other forums I've observed have been filled with petty bickering and foul mouthed insults. Even when we DO have people arguing, there is no 'go f*ck youself', 'suck my d*ck', 'f*ck off and die', and other juvenile insults. If there ever is, they are gone fairly quickly. Because of stuff like that, I have never really feel like joining any of them. This is my internet home.

I used to visit Blabbermouth, but the attittudes over there provoked me, so I stopped. Sadly, a lot of metalheads think being rude, angry, hateful and intolerant is a part of what it means to be metal. Then again, maybe that's the message some metal bands are sending and this is the fruit being produced by the current metal culture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Never heard of the site until I joined here. I occasionally go there to read news articles but I have zero interest in participating in any of the "discussions", as most seem to come from complete morons who stopped maturing around age 12.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:45 pm

^^ Ditto. I stop by Blabbermouth once every couple of days to quickly skim the headlines, and don't bother going any deeper.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Quote :
first the Tate and now The Ult.... what is the world coming to??

affraid
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:05 pm

S.D. wrote:
Never heard of the site until I joined here. I occasionally go there to read news articles but I have zero interest in participating in any of the "discussions", as most seem to come from complete morons who stopped maturing around age 12.

Laughing very hard

That's about the truth........ I stopped reading the comments several years ago, but the Tate comments have been funny, can't help myself there. From what I remembered, most of the posts seemed to be 12 year olds that just wanted to post "this band sucks" or "first post bitches"

Speaking of which, must be a slow news day for this thread - no new Tate stupidity to post here!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Blabbermouth is a daily ritual for me. It's a great news site in general, but there is definitely a little TMZ angle now thanks to so many people being downright jackoffs on the site. So Blabbermouth is surely to blame for most of that negativity.

But then, if they took a harsher stance on that stuff no one would comment.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Ditto. I stop by Blabbermouth once every couple of days to quickly skim the headlines, and don't bother going any deeper.

same here. Ill go read the headlines once and awhile but I dont pay attention to the posters.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:24 am

Blabbermouth changed their website. I can comment again! Haha. Actually, looks like you comment through your Facebook page. I wonder if this will cut down on the negative BS that permeates that site.

Probably not.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:56 am

Eyesore wrote:
Blabbermouth changed their website. I can comment again! Haha. Actually, looks like you comment through your Facebook page. I wonder if this will cut down on the negative BS that permeates that site.

Probably not.

Maybe somewhat since they would have to use their FB account.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 am

manny wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Probably not.
Maybe somewhat since they would have to use their FB account.
It'll cut down on Tate's family members posting since they want to remain hidden
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 am

ultmetal wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yep...they only post news from labels that have purchased ads on the site...Tribunal sends them news all the time and they never post it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 am

Looks like they are using the same format as Classic Rock Magazine...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/

I'm pretty sure you have to comment through Facebook there too.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yep...they only post news from labels that have purchased ads on the site...Tribunal sends them news all the time and they never post it.
Roxx paid for some advertising on Blabbermouth and then their news articles started to appear. Ultimatum, InnerSiege and others finally made their way to the news page only after ad space was purchased. It's the way of the world anymore. It's no different on radio or any other format that isn't a fan run site like NoLifeTilMetal.com or BNRMetal or something like that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Wow. That's absurd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Payola is alive and well. Poor Alan Freed....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!   I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Got Banned From Blabbermouth...Again!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next