Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What song would you like to see covered by another artist?

Go down 
+17
Gilbert
Dave the Boss
kmorg
mc666
Leatherface
James B.
the sentinel
rattpoison
jstate
EvyMetal
7thSaviour
XYZ
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
allthingsmetal
Troublezone
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Empty
PostSubject: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:24 am

I'd like to see Danzig cover "Spill the Blood" by Slayer. It has a slower tempo and the lyrics fit his style too.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:01 am

I always thought that Testament would do a killer version of "Golden Country" by REO Speedwagon--seriously.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:19 am

I'm not sure about Testament but i can see the Scorpions doing that song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 8:41 am

I wish Ultimatum would have covered Blood on the Ice by Anvil. It's the one song I really wanted to do on Lex Metalis that didn't get done.

I wish Extol would have recorded their cover of Vengeance Rising's Warfare. Saw them perform it live in Texas and it was outstanding.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 am

I'd like to see a rock or metal band cover 'I'm Not Your Stepping Stone' by the Monkees. The Sex Pistols covered it, but I think someone could do it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXd8qnONDIk

This song is due for a rockin' cover too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiNnDpIW918

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd like to see a rock or metal band cover 'I'm Not Your Stepping Stone' by the Monkees. The Sex Pistols covered it, but I think someone could do it better.

Bad Biscut (local Jersey band) used to play that one live all the time, I saw them do it several times. As far as I know, they never recorded it though. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Intruder did a thrash version of it on A Higher Form Of Killing.

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1199849453.wma

Last edited by SpectreFate on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:42 am

Here's Neal Morse covering 'Crazy Horses' by the Osmonds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIWWEk8DVKo

I don't know what Neal sounds live vocally. Sounds like Zakk Wylde to me. And that's supposedly Paul Gilbert on the guitar.

Quote :

Never heard it. Is it better than the Sex Pistols version?

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1199849453.wma
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:01 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Uncle Sam covered this song. It's on the CD reissue of their first album:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/unclesam.htm

I think that Fireball Ministry might have covered it as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:08 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

[url=http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1199849453.wma
http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1199849453.wma[/quote[/url]]

Nifty. Thanks.

Musically sounds good. Vocals are a little goofy. And I'm pretty sure Mickey Dolenz never said the line "You won't be worth sh*t when I'm done with you". What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 am

ultmetal wrote:

Any idea where? It's not on any of their studio albums.

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 am

Quote :
Musically sounds good. Vocals are a little goofy. And I'm pretty sure Mickey Dolenz never said the line "You won't be worth sh*t when I'm done with you". What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_razz

Yeah, that's a parody version of the song. The rest of the band's stuff sounds nothing like that, except for maybe their cover of "25 or 6 to 4".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:15 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Yeah, that's a parody version of the song. The rest of the band's stuff sounds nothing like that, except for maybe their cover of "25 or 6 to 4".

Yea, those guys are cool. I have a cdr of Psycho Savant that's pretty decent.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:43 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They played it live last I saw them and said it was on some tribute CD. I don't have it. Embarassed

I do have the Uncle Sam version.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:51 am

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

They played it live last I saw them and said it was on some tribute CD. I don't have it. What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_redface

I do have the Uncle Sam version.

Hmmmm, I'll have to keep an eye out for that Fireball Ministry one. I dig those guys (and gal). Never heard Uncle Sam. Your review sounds kinda cool though. What were they thinking with that original cover? What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_biggrin By the way, I caught a typo on there...

Quote :
the woman fully naked from the waste down

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
By the way, I caught a typo on there...

Quote :

Not everyone can be write like you all the time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:54 am

I'm not perfect by any means, but I try to do gooder most of the time.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:56 am

[quote="MetalGuy71"]By the way, I caught a typo on there...

Quote :

Thanks. It's impossible to catch all that crap by myself.

Uncle Sam are great. Sort of sleazy rock/metal with a lot of Alice Cooper and Iggy influences.

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:07 am

I'd like to see some thrash band cover some of Van Halen's upbeat stuff (Loss of Control, D.O.A., Hot for Teacher, etc.), but Michael Anthony's background vocals would pose certain doom for the cover.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:45 pm

I really wanna hear Winger cover "Two-Time Woman" by Stryper!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:40 pm

I want a Thrash/Crossover band to cover DuckTales theme.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Always thought a thrash version of New Order's True Faith or The The's Infected would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:41 pm

XYZ wrote:
I'd like to see some thrash band cover some of Van Halen's upbeat stuff (Loss of Control, D.O.A., Hot for Teacher, etc.), but Michael Anthony's background vocals would pose certain doom for the cover.

That would be interesting. Playing thrash doesn't mean you can't do the melodic vocals... look at Flotsam or Galactic Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Smack covered "Stepping Stone" brilliantly, it's a bonus track on their '84 debut On You. It basically sounds like Green River meets Guns N' Roses circa '86 tackling the song.

As Ult said Uncle Sam covered it too on their cult sleaze classic Heaven Or Hollywood, it's actually a long lost Alice Cooper Group record recorded between Killer and Billion Dollar Babies What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_wink!

More rockin version than the original Crazy Horses!........surely not possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What song would you like to see covered by another artist?   What song would you like to see covered by another artist? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What song would you like to see covered by another artist?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next