Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit Empty
PostSubject: Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit   Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:51 pm

Another European review. This one is in English thankfully.

METAL TO INFINITY

ULTIMATUM - INTO THE PIT - RETROACTIVE RECORDS
MY POINTS: 95 / 100

Iowa, United States Of America based Retroactive Records are definitely the leaders in delivering the most impressive Christian Metal and Hard Rock albums. To keep a long list short, they brought out excellent works such as Deliverance, Titanic, Armageddon, Rosanna's Raiders, Whitecross, Seventh Power, Bride,...one of the latest Retroactive Records albums ready to unleash is "Into The Pit" from Ultimatum...brothers and sisters, buckle up for some real US Thrash Metal!

Besides releasing a couple of demo's since early 1992, New Mexico based Ultimatum also appeared on numerous tribute or compilation albums but the main thing for a band like this is they're also proud owners of 4 full length releases and one EP. First decade of existence, everything goes rather smoothly...unfortunately after the release of ''Mechanics of Perilous Times", fans had to wait six years for something new, a next Thrash Metal attack! Actually no problem about that because the guys are fianally back with a vengeance..."Into The Pit" is the title of the new born baby and is able to blow you all away...everything are effectively mowed in your surroundings.

This is the one and only Ultimatum release that completes my CD collection, i've heard only a few songs on the net before but nothing more. I knew these guys' played a blend of US Power / Speed and Thrash Metal but had not expected that the whole package was so intense, strength-full and perfectly arranged...Ultimatum is a band that returns me to think of the almighty, superior Bay Area Thrash Metal scene. Remember bands like early Exodus / Overkill / Tourniquet / Vengeance Rising / Sacrament / Living Sacrifice / Believer / Forbidden / Torture ... and loads of others...be sure, you're in the neighbourhood of Ultimatum.

Oh my God, Vocalist Scott Waters' voice is outstanding! Aggressive to the bone, this long-haired brother of Metal does remind me to Roger Martinez of Vengenance Rising and Steve Souza (ex-Exodus). His way of virulently and aggressive way of singing is brilliant, it really bites! Fans of firm guitar duels, "Into The Pit" is what you're looking for. There's a battle going on as soon as the present shredders show up with devastating hooks, leads, rhythms...all delivered with brilliant melodies, different ways of tempo's,...you get here the bests of the bests served up! Bass works (4 and 8 string) roar real hard and drummer in charge pounds its skins without mercy...fast and furious but checked with a perfect form of concentration.

First hit 'One For All' starts with a great riffing, some melodic guitars in the background...shortly after, all explodes like thunder cracks the sky. Just like in the 'Classic Metal' period, this song seizes me immediately to the throat. Power and aggression stand as one! More power, speed and aggression to expect with 'Heart Of Metal'...Superb! Halfway the entire album, early Iron Maiden fans are rewarded with 'Wrathchild'...the aggressive version of legendary Maiden, check it out and band that head! Also fantastic are the fast one 'Transgressor' and up-tempo, killer ones 'Blink' and 'Blind Faith'. Title song is actually an instrumental played with a lot of passion and greed to bring it on in a perfect way.

My final conclusion concerning "Into The Pit" is in the first place...this is an American way of Thrash Metal and my admiration for this form of music is infinite. Do i prefer the US Metal movement above the European scene? I'd say persuading yeah! With all respect for the European Metal movement which i also admire with a lot of dignity... to me, most of the US based formations bring on Metal music with a different character. It's in my veins, maybe hard to understand for some of you out there but that's the way i feel about this point. On the other side, i know some close brothers who'll surely share this feeling with me but i refuse to mention names...you know who you are!

About Ultimatum, DEFINITELY a must-have for all those into US Classic Power / Speed and Thrash Metal. Magnificent release to me!! To order or find out some more information of Ultimatum, check the following sites please: www.retroactiverecords.net , www.musicbuymail.eu , http://www.ultimatum.net/ , www.artistworxx.de

http://metaltoinfinity.00freehost.com/UltimatumCDreviewIntothepit.html

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit   Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 pm

GREAT review!! Is it you or Retroactive sending out alll these CD's for reviewing?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit   Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Retroactive. They are really pushing to get their product into Europe. Apparently they are talking with some big distribution companies out there.

ult

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit   Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:32 pm

Quote :
His way of singing really bites!!!!!

Razz

Congrats on the great review! That dude sounded most powerfully excited!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit   Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:42 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
His way of singing really bites!!!!!

Razz

Congrats on the great review! That dude sounded most powerfully excited!

Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit   Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal To Infinity review of Into the Pit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Band Forums :: Ultimatum-
Jump to: