Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart

Go down 
+10
Gilbert
Sword Of The Heretic
BearOnUnicycle
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
T-Roy
Shiney
GrandNational
mc666
Eyesore
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:39 am

Hell yeah!

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Beforerise

Well, I'm excited anyway.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

I remember going nuts while listening to "Deathstar" (the song). Since I'm not familiar with the genre at all, I passed on the album. Not a big fan of growls and melodeath, but there are exceptions in every form of music. Should I pick it based on this song?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:18 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I remember going nuts while listening to "Deathstar" (the song). Since I'm not familiar with the genre at all, I passed on the album. Not a big fan of growls and melodeath, but there are exceptions in every form of music. Should I pick it based on this song?
Well, that's generally their style. Kinda gothic melodeath with growls and clean singing. Although according to what I've read this new album may not include any clean vocals. Seems the drastic lineup change was meant to accommodate a heavier style.

Either way, listen to some of the videos in this thread.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:44 pm

I did. For now only BTD and RoutaSielu impressed me.
Deathstar Rising CD is almost in my arms, so tomorrow this thread may become interesting for 2 persons.
Now I'm out youtubing the bands.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Nice avatar, by the way. Those first two Ion Vein discs are killer!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:51 am

Looks like this new album really will be much heavier:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 am

"Deathstar" is awesome. Still haven't used for the growls in some parts, but the music is great. But the new one seems to much for me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:44 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
"Deathstar" is awesome. Still haven't used for the growls in some parts, but the music is great. But the new one seems to much for me.
I think his side projects, Black Sun Aeon and RoutaSielu, were a little too similar to Before The Dawn, so he decided to take the band in a heavier direction. It's all new members, for the most part.

All those bands do have similar sounds, but I imagine to the less discerning ear they probably sound identical, so I understand wanting to change things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:26 am

New video from the upcoming album.

Much more "death metal" than before. I'm going to miss the clean vocals, I think. Great song, though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Another new video:

You're all epic turds!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Kind of a bummer to wake to this news on Facebook:

Quote :
R.I.P. Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon, Routasielu, Dawn Of Solace and Final Harvest - long live Wolfheart!
Dude disbanded all his projects. Crazy!

Quote :
Finnish metal musician Tuomas Saukkonen stunned the local scene by announcing that he has disbanded all his previous projects (including Before The Dawn) and started a new one under the name Wolfheart. There will be a farewell show where Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon and Routasielu will get up on stage for the very last time.

When asked about the reasons for this turnover in an interview for KaaosZine, a Finnish music media, Saukkonen responds: "At some point I recognized I was just keeping the band alive and it didn't feel right anymore. I lost the passion to make music which is the main reason why I had a lot of side projects like Black Sun Aeon, RoutaSielu, Dawn Of Solace and The Final Harvest in the first place. Those were the bands where I had the ability to be artistically free and create what I wanted. Now when Before The Dawn is done it was logical for me to clean the table at once and start building something from scratch again."

On Wolfheart's musical foundations: "I will continue with this project by my own means but the main 'red' line in this new project is to create a band that has the energy of Before The Dawn and mix it with the low-tuned dark, heavy and epic atmosphere of Black Sun Aeon. Also at the same time I have had some northern warrior feeling into it so those are the main ingredients Wolfheart will contain. You can expect me to write more diverse songs now because I don't have to write songs for 3 to 4 different bands but instead I am only focusing into this one."

You can read the full interview here. (Scroll down for an English version).

Tuomas Saukkonen will also be doing an unplugged tour in Finland in February with a band consisting of members of Before The Dawn and Black Sun Aeon which will cover Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon and Dawn Of Solace songs acoustically.

Dates:

08.02. Nuclear Nightclub, Oulu
09.02. Amarillo, Lahti
15.02. Musta Kynnys, Jyväskylä
16.02. Rytmikatti, Kouvola

But this here Wolfheart thing sounds pretty awesome. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Aw, yeah! First Wolfheart single! Ignore the horrible English. Haha.

Can't believe none of you turds like this stuff! Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

Christ on a cracker! I just sat through 2:10 of a beautiful intro just to have a Gorgon come in and vomit noise all over the place. You can keep this, Eyesore.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Christ on a cracker! I just sat through 2:10 of a beautiful intro just to have a Gorgon come in and vomit noise all over the place. You can keep this, Eyesore.
Awesome, right? lol! 
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Fail to see the reason to disband other projects. Still I'm very interested in hearing an album of Wofheart.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:26 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Fail to see the reason to disband other projects. Still I'm very interested in hearing an album of Wofheart.
It was a lot of work, I guess. Plus all the bands had a very similar sound. Most fans just said they sounded the same, which wasn't true but an understandable opinion because the differences are subtle. Black Sun Aeon is slower, doomier; Before The Dawn has more melodic death metal influences; The Final Harvest was more traditional death metal.

So they all kind of hovered around the same core sound. Wolfheart is supposed to kind of expand that core and become all of those things at once.

I mean, that is a hell of a lot of bands. It had to be tough.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:11 am

New Wolfheart is available for a listen here
So far I'm on 5th tune, and it sounds great. Nothing shockingly new, but a very pleasant listen nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 am

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
New Wolfheart is available for a listen here
So far I'm on 5th tune, and it sounds great. Nothing shockingly new, but a very pleasant listen nonetheless.
Yeah, it was pretty clear he wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel here; he just wanted to bring all those different projects together into one.

From what I've heard has been great. Can't wait for it to arrive.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 am

New album coming!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 4:27 am

Hey, Eyesore. New Wolfheart album coming in August! headbanger

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 12:18 am

Someday someone is going to appreciate this damn thread! Haha.

New video!

And it's badass! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Found this video by accident while watching some metal on youtube. I thought, what the hell, I'll see what it sounds like just for kicks.

I was very impressed.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 11:40 pm

beautiful music. but the vocals are too harsh for my liking.

I guess I am getting old. these vocals give me headaches.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 2:08 am

I can totally understand the vocals being too harsh for some, especially the Wolfheart stuff which is pretty much all harsh vocals.

Anyway, clearly I am a huge fan. This guy is brilliant. Years ago he posted to MySpace three untitled demos from a project called Teargod. Real mellow stuff, piano, female vocals. It was fantastic. Sadly, nothing ever came of it. =(

But yeah, great stuff from this guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart   Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Before The Dawn/Dawn Of Solace/Black Sun Aeon/The Final Harvest/RoutaSielu/Wolfheart
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next