Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....

Go down 
+13
exact33
Gilbert
Orion Crystal Ice
Troublezone
Wargod
Hamer12
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Schbopo
ultmetal
INVADERS
17 posters
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Empty
PostSubject: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Anybody a big fan of Stoner Metal in here?
Been finding myself listening to it a lot more recently.
Weedeater, Sleep, COC, Orange Goblin, Lowrider, Kyuss, Karma To Burn, Acid King, Bongzilla, Dozer, to name a few.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:43 pm

I like some from time to time. Kyuss are great. Fireball Ministry are one of my favorites.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:52 pm

don't think i've heard Fireball Ministry before.
might need to get myself some
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:09 pm

I like a lot of it. The Sword, Priestess, Kyuss, and QOTSA (if you call them metal) are all great.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Check out Acrimony, they're from wales.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:19 pm

I prefer doom metal myself.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:32 pm

Does Monster Magnet count?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:

If they do, count me in.

I also dig me some latter-day C.O.C.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Stoner & Doom have really become my favorites. Pretty much every band you mentioned are among my favorites right now, the new Shrinebuilder may just be the best album I have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:46 pm

I dig me some Stoner Rock from time to iome Fu Manchu excuse me!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:43 pm

It depends, if it's *too* heavy in the blues and weed and all of that then I don't like it much.... I like some stuff which isn't as thick on it but still firmly in the genre, like YOB..and then, Electric Wizard is awesome, not so much lyrically *at all*, but musically, great stuff..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:35 pm

the genre is unfortunately a little pigeonholed and misunderstood, many different sounding bands all lumped into either the Stoner or Doom camp, many of whom don't really fit either. So I hate the the limited definition lumped upon what is my favorite kind of metal.

Do I love quite a few of these bands? Yes.

Kyuss was really the wellspring from which many of these bands came from. They were able to capture the heft of the Sabbath vibe, the groove & looseness of a great jam band...and a tongue in cheek sense of humor that many people don't even catch.

Many other bands eventually showed up bathing in the contact buzz that Kyuss helped create...Sleep, The Obsessed, Electric Wizard, Orange Goblin, etc., etc.

There are some great bands from this genre, there are also quite a few carbon copy, snooze inducing ones. (just like any genre of music)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:00 am

I like all Sabbath/Blue Cheer style stoner rock. The vocals also have to be somewhat melodic too.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:

To me they do! I forgot about them. They'd be my favorite from this genre.

I've never heard Kyuss though. I might really like them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 2:47 pm

I have a cd by a band called sheavy. I think these guys can be labeled as stoner. Decent delivery. Not a big fan of stoner metal though...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I like Orange Goblin. I have Time Traveling Blues / Frequencies from Planet Ten..

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:24 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Monster Magnet counts i think. They're awesome
You should check out Kyuss. Excellent band of the genre and one of my favs.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:15 pm

INVADERS wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Monster Magnet counts i think. They're awesome
You should check out Kyuss. Excellent band of the genre and one of my favs.

Will do!

Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... 604261
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Kyuss's SKY VALLEY is the greatest album ever made!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 am

All metal is stoner metal! haha
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:16 am

I got a comp a while back of various stoner/doom bands and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's got me interested in checking out these bands:

Astrosoniq, Atomic Bitchwax, Black Rock, Borgo Pass, Hangnail, Magnafied Eye, Mothercake, Orange Goblin, Peacemaker, Puny Human, Sea Of Green, Shallow, Sheavy, Slow Horse, Solace, Speedking, Sunride, Supercruiser, Tectonic Break, Tummler, and The Want. Apart from that I like The Sword.

Borgo Pass is the one among those that most got my attention.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Yup, big fan here. Fu Manchu, Orange Goblin and Puny Human are my current Top 3 in the genre at the moment. Subject to change whenever the wind blows.

exact33 wrote:
I like Orange Goblin. I have Time Traveling Blues / Frequencies from Planet Ten..

Those are the 2 OG's I'm missing. Gimme a holler if you feel the need to unload them. Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_lol

PostSubject: Re: Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....   Any Stoner Metal Fans Here.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Stoner Metal Fans Here....
Page 1 of 1