Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)

Go down 
+3
Chrome Locust
Shawn Of Fire
Chairman_Smith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Empty
PostSubject: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:46 pm

I play in Megaton, a stoner/sludge band out here in Omaha.Thought i'd share it here, theres a few links for streaming and downloading and such. Thanks for checking it out.

http://megatonomaha.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/megatonomaha
http://www.reverbnation.com/megatonomaha
http://www.soundcloud.com/megatonomaha
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 1:09 pm

grim reaper

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm on it, dude. Better be good as I'm turning off Kyuss to listen to you.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:25 pm

I love it, man.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:14 pm

sounds pretty decent to these ears man. good to see you around again!

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey thanks guys.

mc666 - I'm still around, I just lurk more these days.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:31 pm

I wish a few more dudes here would give ur stuff a listen -- metal is supposed to be a family where we support each other. Its good stuff your band, u put a lot of effort into that production, other cats here need to give it a listen and some feedback.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Sounds pretty good!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:39 pm

Sounds good. I'm diggin' it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks guys. Our new material is heavier (you get a preview of that with the live track Spiritual Madness) but I'm pretty happy with the single.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Set this thread aside to listen to give the samples my complete attention and forgot about it til now. Love the music but I'm not too wild about the vocals. I don't mind harsh vocals, but to my ears it just doesn't fit the music quite right. It's is much better than the vocals of another band of that genre I discovered recently, Death Mask. I picked a CD up as a blind buy at Half Price Books but couldn't get past more than a handful of songs. At least you guys have great music to balance my uninterest in the vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Set this thread aside to listen to give the samples my complete attention and forgot about it til now. Love the music but I'm not too wild about the vocals. I don't mind harsh vocals, but to my ears it just doesn't fit the music quite right. It's is much better than the vocals of another band of that genre I discovered recently, Death Mask. I picked a CD up as a blind buy at Half Price Books but couldn't get past more than a handful of songs. At least you guys have great music to balance my uninterest in the vocals.

I'm with you on that one, matey - the first track is great, and the next tracks are well sludge but its with a death metal vocal which I didn't get. Best to keep the vocal raw, but not that death metal sound. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:03 am

I just enabled free download on our reverbnation page, feel free to download it and pass it along to anyone who you think would like it. Thanks guys!

http://www.reverbnation.com/megatonomaha
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

I don't hear death metal in the slightest. I think my vocal style toes in line with High on Fire, Mastodon or Red Fang, our biggest influences.

I will say however, the guy that mixed it was more of a punk style, which is why we're not going with him for the final album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:18 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I don't hear death metal in the slightest. I think my vocal style toes in line with High on Fire, Mastodon or Red Fang, our biggest influences.

Yeah, the vocals were not death metal. I was saying they were growled and Chrome Locust thought I meant death vocals by that. Death vocals are gutteral growls and there is nothing like that there. Your style is just very rough sounding and it's just not usually my thing when it comes to doom/sludge. I think Mastodon is a good example as I'm not crazy about the vocals on their earlier stuff either.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:17 pm

Another new song. This is a "rough mix" but I thought he did a decent job. It fits my vocals and our sound better I think. Enjoy!

http://www.reverbnation.com/megatonomaha/song/16715001-wicked-war-rough-mix
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 am

I said it last year and I'll say it again - I wish more people on this forum would lend their ears to new bands who put themselves up here, and give a listen. I enjoyed your songs, very good.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
I said it last year and I'll say it again - I wish more people on this forum would lend their ears to new bands who put themselves up here, and give a listen. I enjoyed your songs, very good.

Thanks CL!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Back at ya, bud.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Back at ya, bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)   So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, my band recorded a single (stoner/sludge/doom fans)
Page 1 of 1