Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December

Go down 
+14
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
ghost
Metal Misfit
metalheaded
Mglaffas81
exact33
DallasBlack
kmorg
Gilbert
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Empty
PostSubject: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 pm

Well... I was waiting to hear some news about this for a while now but I don't know if im really excited about this or not. It seems like this will be an interesting listen but really did they need to redo any of the Deris era helloween songs? I can't wait to get this but I'm just a little let down with the song choices. If March Of Times was on this or anything off of Walls Of Jericho or even Chameleon or Pink Bubbles it would just make this that much better. Maybe a 2 cd would have been cool. oh well helloween is my favorite so all is good haha.

Long-running German power metallers HELLOWEEN have teamed up with Sony Music in co-operation with SPV Records, to release the band's upcoming albums. The group's long awaited "Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary" album will be made available on the following dates:

Dec. 16 – Japan, Southeast Asia (JVC/Victor)
Jan. 29 - Europe (Sony/SPV)

The U.S. release date has yet to be announced.

The band says, "'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' is a big 'thank-you' to all our fans, old and new, all over the world! Instead of putting together a regular greatest-hits compilation featuring our most successful tracks to celebrate this anniversary, we completely rearranged and re-recorded the greatest songs and melodies of our career. Together with our tried and tested producer, Charlie Bauerfeind, we invited many great musicians to guest on this special record, with the doubtless highlight of having the 70-piece Prague Symphonic Orchestra performing 'The Keeper's Trilogy', a 17-minute medley consisting of the songs 'Halloween', 'Keeper Of The Seven Keys' and 'The King for A 1000 Years' — goose bumps guaranteed!

"We aren’t one of those bands who like to celebrate themselves, we just want to say 'thank you' in our own special way to all of you who have followed us through the past 25 years. To us, this album stands for an official celebration.

"It was a big challenge and great experience and we had a lot of fun recording our most important tracks in an entirely new 'outfit' and with new arrangements. We hope you like them!

"Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary" will feature the following tracks:

01. Dr. Stein
02. Future World
03. If I Could Fly
04. Where The Rain Grows
05. The Keeper's Trilogy
06. Eagle Fly Free
07. Perfect Gentleman
08. Forever & One
09. I Want Out
10. Falling To Pieces
11. A Tale That Wasn't Right

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:12 pm

I got nuthin' against 'em re-visiting some of the old classics, but damn, they couldn't at least whip up ONE new song to tack onto this thing? Sheesh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Well, I'm gonna get this!!! I think it'll be great!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 3:54 am

I want a new album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:50 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
but really did they need to redo any of the Deris era helloween songs?

Better them than the Kiske era songs. They were perfect to begin with! A Keeper-trilogy? Man, that will stink! Laughing
I'll buy this too though. At least it will sound new.....

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:19 pm

I'll probably pick this up but I would rather have a new album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:32 pm

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:01 pm

I'd probably get it but I'm in no hurry. Too many new albums I still need to get.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:

ditto to that. I would rather have that or a release of all the Bsides on one cd..

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 7:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

ditto to that. I would rather have that or a release of all the Bsides on one cd..

Alex

They put out most of the bsides with the new remasters, plus that bside box set.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Alex

They put out most of the bsides with the new remasters, plus that bside box set.

true but I would like to see a comp of all of them..

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 3:48 am

I remember when I first heard Helloween - I was new to the whole PowerMetal genre, but I remember randomly hearing "Halloween" on some compilation cd I had - It blew me away. Halloween is to this day, my favourite Helloween song. As for this compilation cd, I think I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:24 pm

I buy anything Helloween puts out.

They could record themselves farting - and I'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

They already did that. The album was called CHAMELEON.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Lol
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:50 pm

exact33 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Alex

give me your address and i'll make one for ya haha

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December 308838

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Oh please. I love Helloween as much as the next fanboy, but you KNOW deep down in your heart of hearts that the CHAMELEON album blows goats for crack money.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Alex

give me your address and i'll make one for ya haha

heh. I think i have them all. But it still would be nice to have an official release of everything in the last 25 years.

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Oh please. I love Helloween as much as the next fanboy, but you KNOW deep down in your heart of hearts that the CHAMELEON album blows goats for crack money.

hahahaha no way I will never admit that because I honestly love that album.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:10 pm

If you ever get to meet any of the Helloween guys, make sure you tell them that. I betcha they say "Wow, so YOU'RE the guy! We thought you were just a legend!"

Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I'd like to get this new one when it comes out. Kinda wish it was gonna be a 2-disc set, though...seems like there just aren't enough songs on the list. It seems cut short, to me. Pretty decent choice of songs, however. I look forward to how the new versions of the Kiske songs are gonna sound. I already know they won't be better; just different! Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I dont know about love but I thought Chameleon was decent. It was surely not the cd people were expecting but it does have its moments.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:50 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

....that's what they have banked on for the last decade.....they aren't as bad as Anthrax, but Helloween stopped being Helloween a decade ago....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

....that's what they have banked on for the last decade.....they aren't as bad as Anthrax, but Helloween stopped being Helloween a decade ago....

I dont agree with that. Gambling with the Devil is a fine album in the Helloween tradition. Keepers 3 was waaay too long and Rabbit was boring but GWTD was a very good, if not great, cd.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December   HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELLOWEEN To Release 'Unarmed - Best Of 25th Anniversary' In December
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next