Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In This Moment

Go down 
+10
mc666
7thSaviour
Schbopo
Wargod
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
Lurideath
sam
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Any fans of this California band here? I love them. They are one of my favorite 'new' bands of the 00s.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 pm

I was really hesitant to get the latest by this band because I knew the first album had a lot of female growling.

But I heard "Forever" from the second album "The Dream" and decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did.

Why in the world this woman growled her way through the first album, I have no idea. She can actually sing and "The Dream" is a solid metal album.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:18 pm

She has quite a good singing voice!

On the first album it's about 50/50 growling vs. singing though. So she sings a lot on that one too.

I love both albums and look forward to their new one. Hopefully next year!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:57 am

In This Moment 853384
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:20 am

sam wrote:
http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/in-this-moment-the-dream-t8787.htm?highlight=in+this+moment

[url=http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/in-this-moment-t5463.htm?highlight=in+this+moment
http://www.heartofmetal.net/rip-f4/in-this-moment-t5463.htm?highlight=in+this+moment[/quote[/url]]

Those are in the RIP section. So I started a new one.

In This Moment Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:20 am

Lurideath wrote:
In This Moment 853384

Okay ... well, you're entitled to your opinion and I can respect that.

In This Moment Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Man, I just love this band. I can't seem to get enough of them.

Check out this sample and let me know what you think!

This one of from their first album.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 pm

In what moment? In This Moment 685534
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:22 pm

I like 'em sans growling.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:24 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
In what moment? In This Moment 685534

You never heard of this band? They're one of the latest in the female fronted metal assault. This band mixes in metalcore instead of death vox though with the female singing. I usually don't like metalcore, but it works for them for some reason. I love this band.

Check out the sample I posted.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 pm

I was just curious if we were referring to THIS moment, like right now this moment, or are we working with a floating timeline sort of thing?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:28 pm

I think largely ditching the metalcore growling garbage was a good career move for this band. The new album sure seems to be selling better than their first one.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think largely ditching the metalcore growling garbage was a good career move for this band. The new album sure seems to be selling better than their first one.

Yeah, the new album even broke into the top 100 on the Billboard charts.

But again, there are a good three songs on the new one with the metalcore vocals. I love em though.

The first album is almost as good to me too. It's really grown on me. Did you hear that samp from the first one Toho?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Nope.

Even if I liked it, knowing most of the album consists of that idiotic screaming vocal style would preclude me from buying it.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 7:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Nope.

Even if I liked it, knowing most of the album consists of that idiotic screaming vocal style would preclude me from buying it.

There's actually more singing than growling - even on the first album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I was really hesitant to get the latest by this band because I knew the first album had a lot of female growling.

But I heard "Forever" from the second album "The Dream" and decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did.

Why in the world this woman growled her way through the first album, I have no idea. She can actually sing and "The Dream" is a solid metal album.
I actually thought the second one would stink because of the singing. I didn't mind her growling on the first one, even though she has no "balls," so to speak, but The Dream blows it away.

She has a really good voice, and it's got its own weird, unique sound. Glad they went the clean vocal route.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Was there some deletions in this thread? Past conversation seems a bit jumpy.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Their cover version of "Blondes" - Call Me really slays!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Meh. I like em fine, but it's nothing that really gets me enough to buy any of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
Was there some deletions in this thread? Past conversation seems a bit jumpy.

I don't think so. I just decided to 'resurrect' this thread today, so that might be why it seems that way.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I actually thought the second one would stink because of the singing. I didn't mind her growling on the first one, even though she has no "balls," so to speak, but The Dream blows it away.

She has a really good voice, and it's got its own weird, unique sound. Glad they went the clean vocal route.

Yeah, I agree. "The Dream" slays! I really like "Beautiful Tragedy" too though. It's almost just as good IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Meh. I like em fine, but it's nothing that really gets me enough to buy any of their stuff.

Yeah, they're not for everyone.

I just happen to like gothic metal stuff, so I eat stuff like this for breakfast with lots of sugar on it!!!

In This Moment 778825
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:31 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Their cover version of "Blondes" - Call Me really slays!

Wargod50

In This Moment 11840 In This Moment 11840 In This Moment 11840

I agree Wargod! Do you have their latest album, "The Dream"?

Also, I just found out (for those interested) - that In This Moment is going into the studio in February and plan on releasing a new album around summertime of 2010!

In This Moment 11840
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In This Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In This Moment
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next