Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In This Moment

Go down 
+10
mc666
7thSaviour
Schbopo
Wargod
Eyesore
Orion Crystal Ice
Lurideath
sam
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

In This Moment - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I'm a huge fan of female-fronted metal ... so In This Moment is a no brainer for me.

I also love how they mix metalcore with melodic and gothic metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:22 pm

I've tried over and over again to get into "Beautiful Tragedy" and all it does is irritate me. Played it again today at work. I just don't like this band. Too much metalcore. The guitar work really doesn't work for me. I'm not much into those modern, strummed bar chords that guitarists are using. I suppose many of them think it looks cool to be jumping around while strumming the guitar, rather than actually picking. I suppose I prefer more riff oriented hard rock and metal. I'm also not too keen on this girl's vocals. Her constant core screaming grates on my nerves. A lot of her clean vocals sound whiney. Oh well, you can't like 'em all I guess.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I've tried over and over again to get into "Beautiful Tragedy" and all it does is irritate me. Played it again today at work. I just don't like this band. Too much metalcore. The guitar work really doesn't work for me. I'm not much into those modern, strummed bar chords that guitarists are using. I suppose many of them think it looks cool to be jumping around while strumming the guitar, rather than actually picking. I suppose I prefer more riff oriented hard rock and metal. I'm also not too keen on this girl's vocals. Her constant core screaming grates on my nerves. A lot of her clean vocals sound whiney. Oh well, you can't like 'em all I guess.

You're trying to like the wrong one.

The followup "The Dream" hardly has any metalcore at all.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:36 pm

I'll give that one a chance to.

Does the guitar playing get any better?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'll give that one a chance to.

Does the guitar playing get any better?

I don't have a problem with the guitar on The Dream. I never heard Beautiful Tragedy (I knew there was way too much screaming on it) so I don't know how it compares.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:47 pm

Here's the video for the first single from The Dream. Since you generally don't like female-fronted bands you probably won't like it but here it is:

http://webratsmusic.com/video-93632-forever.php

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:41 pm

Yeah, you can't please everyone.

I happen to like a lot of the newer stuff, as well as still holding to my love of the older stuff.

In This Moment is one of my top 10 favorite bands currently. I like them that much. But I'm me. And you are you.

In This Moment - Page 3 495333

By the way, Ult - I don't think you will like their latest one, "The Dream". I like both albums almost equally. "The Dream" is more melodic and the guitar is better ... but I don't think this is up your alley.

For newer bands I'd recommend Halestorm to you instead. They are more 'hard rock' than In This Moment.

In This Moment is actually pretty unique. They mix about 3 or 4 styles together to make their own hybrid sound.

They mix metalcore, melodic metal and goth (and probably more) together in a blender! It's just a dream band for me. I can't get enough of them. I reach for their cds (both of them) all the time!!! They are constantly in my players.

I don't like Halestorm nearly as much, but I think you'd like them better. Both of them are fairy new representative bands of the female fronted variety in metal and hard rock.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:32 am

I have Halestorm too. They aren't really rocking my boat either.

Checked out the song 'Forever'. Far better than the first album IMO. Her vocals are better without all the screaming. It's a good pop song. Also check out the cover of "Call Me". It's not bad either. Another good pop song. I can see this one getting airplay on modern rock/alternative radio. Neither of these songs are metal.

Still not a big fan of the throw your elbow up and down rhythm style. I much prefer actual riffs, staccato picking, even groove based riffs to the bar chord strumming. But, like every CD I receive, I'll give the second album plenty of spins and see how it fares.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Feel free to pass any of those CDs you don't like on to me now ya hear!

In This Moment - Page 3 253444
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Thought this video was pretty cool.

That's some hardcore sexual tension right there! Haha. Okay song, but rarely does a video exude that much emotion. So I dug it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 pm

sign
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:12 pm

This is one of the few female-fronted bands I still listen to.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:56 pm

I generally tend to like female-fronted metal but this band doesn't really do anything for me. I think it has more to do with the music than the vocals, I could go for more double bass kicking, speedier rhythms, and some actual guitar solos, I don't have a problem with her singing/growling/screaming.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:09 pm

She definitely has a unique voice. I like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In This Moment   In This Moment - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In This Moment
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: