Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First metal moment

Go down 
+32
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
powermacho
Lurideath
Mortuary
TheGooch
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Leatherface
the sentinel
kmorg
Louder
outofstep
DallasBlack
MoonChild
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
mc666
White_Mage
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
shamgar75
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Muloc7253
Vordul
DeathCult
tohostudios
Wargod
scottmitchell74
Damien Solta
Stender
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Maybe I'm crazy but I think there is a very special distinguising time when everyone is first introduced to heavy metal. For me it was when I was a freshman in high school and I was reading a issue of Revolver magizine in creative writing and there was this article about Blind Guardian rereleasing Battalions of fear and follow the blind. I was so enchanted by the cover art that I was imediately interested in the style of music( and for some reason I thought it was really cool for a metal band to come out of Germany singing about dungeons and dragons). At that point, I couldnt care less what it sounded like. This sparked my love for power metal which grew to loving thrash, death, and hardcore as well.

So, whats your first moment in metal?
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:18 pm

I heard Stryper. That's all that I need to say.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Another One Bites The Dust - 1980 - I was 6 and fell in love with this song

Twisted Sister - Motley Crue - Quiet Riot - 1983 Kids in the neighborhood blasting tunes from their new albums! It felt so evil but man they were good songs!

Rez Band - Hostage especially the tune Attention 1984 - My first knowledge and exposure to Christian hard music.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Rush 1972 Fargo, ND!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Kiss/Rush/Mott/Alice Cooper - Emmaus, PA 1974

My best friend from 2nd grade turned me on to these artists and the rest is history.

scottmitchell74

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Quote :
Rush 1972 Fargo, ND!
Quote :

Uh....nevermind.......

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Evile 2007 nuff said Shocked
Back to top Go down

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I was in fifth grade and a friend's older brother was HUGE into Metallica and he gave his brother a two tapes (black album and a mix of Ride/Master) and I was hooked! Ah '94-'95 great year!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:25 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Rush 1972 Fargo, ND!
Quote :

Uh....nevermind.......

Very Happy

These youngins ain't go no respect for their elders!

scottmitchell74

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:27 pm

Very Happy

One guess what the 74 in my 'handle' means, Pops!

I was still a Zygote and you're headbanging. Rush in 1974! I can't even imagine!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:31 pm

well, the first metal album I ever heard was Killers by Iron Maiden 🤘

For a really great moment, one time I was listening to Sacrifice's Torment In Fire, and my mom came and out and smacked me upside the head, told me it was annoying as smurf poo haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:20 pm

I was 18 months old and i broke the thermometer and sucked the mercury out clean...............

that was my 1st metal moment albeit a rather distasteful one at that!

just kidding
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:24 pm

Very Happy

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 pm

I got into general rock at around age 13 through bands like Evanescense, Nickelback and especially Alien Ant Farm, and then a few months later, having been exposed to the epicness of 'Run to the Hills' and 'War Pigs' I was a devoted metal convert.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 8:33 pm

Getting KISS Destroyer as a new release in 76!
Back to top Go down

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:11 pm

It was a bicycle spoke. I was 13. I was home alone. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 9:35 pm

The year was 1981. I was 11 years old and my parents' cable TV system added a new channel called "MTV" that had just gone on the air. My brother and I sat down to watch it for a while and Judas Priest's video for "Headin Out To The Highway" came on...

...that was all she wrote!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:13 pm

I was at Creation '91 and my mom of all people got me the VHS tape HOT METAL IV from Intense Records. Good stuff. Go mom! listening to music
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:20 pm

Hearing Turbo Lover by Judas Priest
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Quote :
Creation '91

Is that the PA one?

I used to go to one at Clay's Park in Ohio - can't remember the name! 3 day long weekend! Loved that!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:24 pm

The first thing that comes to mind is hearing KISS-I Was Made for Lovin You when I was about 6.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 pm

my first metal moment was playing my parents AC/DC live album on a ghetto blaster in the basement thought Hells Bells was the coolest thing ever

after that it was when i first listened to Metallica's "Enter Sandman"
That was the only song I listened to for like a month i was just so awesome to me

man i'm gotta go listen to enter sandman now 🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:24 am

it was only yesterday that i discovered how metal i was. i'm over it now though.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:30 am

spectrefate wrote:
It was a bicycle spoke. I was 13. I was home alone. Shocked

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
Hearing Turbo Lover by Judas Priest

So you guys were together? I'm confused. scratch
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:32 am

wtf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First metal moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: First metal moment   First metal moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First metal moment
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: