Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian Re-Issue News

Go down 
+9
Sutekh
Troublezone
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
kmorg
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Guardian Re-Issue  News Empty
PostSubject: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm not familiar with these guys at all, but seems like something that would be of interest here...

GUARDIAN's 'First Watch' To Be Reissued With Bonus Tracks - Sep. 21, 2009
Retroactive Records will reissue the legendary debut release by Christian metal powerhouse GUARDIAN. According to a press release, \"First Watch: 20th Anniversary Edition\" will \"offer 14 amazing tracks of classic metal that comes in a full-color, four-panel digipack (with a tray), properly remastered by J. Steinhaus for a maximum metal auditory experience. It will feature exclusive liner notes by David Bach (bass), stunning enhanced (WAY better!) original artwork by the amazing Rex Zachary, and includes the original two bonus track exclusive to the original CD release, plus the two Elephante-released bonus tracks from the amazing and out-of-print 1987 'California Metal' CD compilation that preceded the release of 'First Watch' in 1989!\"

Guardian Re-Issue  News Guardiancd

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Love this release. 80's L.A. metal at it's finest. I actually had a hand in this one. The band didn't have the original artwork for the cover so I scanned in my vinyl version for Rex to use. It was also my CD original that was used for the remastering. Smile

Our own Cliffy mastered the CD.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:24 pm

I was surprised that noone else posted this, especially since I did recognize those 2 HoM members mentioned in the release. Cool news that you were involved too Ult. Good job guys.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm

It has been posted, but I'm too lazy to find the thread. It started with -cliffy looking for the California Metal compilation

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It was also my CD original that was used for the remastering. Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_smile

Ult's like the Library of Congress for Christian metal. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
It has been posted, but I'm too lazy to find the thread. It started with -cliffy looking for the California Metal compilation

That might explain it. I just did a search for Guardian and came up with old news, nothing recent. I never bothered to read that California Metal post since I didn't have what Cliffy was looking for. Ah well, carry on.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

That might explain it. I just did a search for Guardian and came up with old news, nothing recent. I never bothered to read that California Metal post since I didn't have what Cliffy was looking for. Ah well, carry on.

I remember that post!!!

We could all start HoM Records and CLiffy could do a much better job or re-mastering than was ever done on some of those christian metal re-releases in the 90's/early 00's!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Just recently got the news from Retroactive records in my e-mail. This is great for someone like me who only knows the albums after it. This is why I love Retroactive, it gives me a chance to hear some of the Christian stuff I missed out on.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Quote :
Elephante-released

I assume they mean the Elefante-produced songs from the Regency Records compilation California Metal?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:15 pm

Wow, this is good news! "First Watch" is my favorite Guardian album. I remember buying it as a new release when I was just a kid. I listened to that album so much that I wore the tape out.

It's high time this was reissued.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:42 pm

I never bought any of their albums. Is this one more real metal or Bottle Rocket crap? Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I never bought any of their albums. Is this one more real metal or Bottle Rocket crap? Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_smile

Real metal!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 8:47 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Real metal!!!!!!!!

1980's, Hollywood strip, heavy metal for sure. Some would say it was their best. A bit Stryper-ish, probably due to the involvement of Oz Fox as the producer. Clean, melodic vocals. The one and only album to feature this vocalist. Jamie Rowe, who has a more raspy style replaced him on the follow-up.

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Real metal!!!!!!!!

1980's, Hollywood strip, heavy metal for sure. Some would say it was their best. A bit Stryper-ish, probably due to the involvement of Oz Fox as the producer. Clean, melodic vocals. The one and only album to feature this vocalist. Jamie Rowe, who has a more raspy style replaced him on the follow-up.

I bought First Watch on cassette the day I graduated high school.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:07 am

I loove this album musically, but I've never been too keen on the vocals. They always sounded wimpy to me -anybody else have this problem? I do look forward to hearing how the mastering makes a difference in general, though.

I also don't like Bottle Rocket Razz, but am a big fan of every Guardian album in between!
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:37 am

Didn't oz fox produce the original release for enigma records:)

gonna have to play the remastered tracks on strictly stryper Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Real metal!!!!!!!!

I bought First Watch on cassette the day I graduated high school.

Cool! I bought it about the same time, but I was just in junior high. I had cool taste for being that age though.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 am

Sutekh wrote:
I loove this album musically, but I've never been too keen on the vocals. They always sounded wimpy to me -anybody else have this problem? I do look forward to hearing how the mastering makes a difference in general, though.

I also don't like Bottle Rocket Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_razz, but am a big fan of every Guardian album in between!

I don't think the vocals are 'wimpy' at all, but many people said that about Dokken too, and frankly that's what the vocals remind me of. Paul was a dead ringer for Don Dokken (only not a carbon copy, but unique). I love the vocals on this album, but then again - I love this style of melodic metal.
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:43 am

I have the original enigma, the vocals never did it for me, i don't think I've ever listened to it right through in one play!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:06 am

SAINTS BATALLION!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
SAINTS BATALLION!!!!!

Guardian Re-Issue  News 877540 Guardian Re-Issue  News 877540 Guardian Re-Issue  News 877540 Guardian Re-Issue  News 877540 Guardian Re-Issue  News 877540 Guardian Re-Issue  News 380235 Guardian Re-Issue  News 380235
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Tony Palacios jams on this lp............

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:43 pm

I wish Guardian had stayed with this style. They were so freekin' awesome!!

Who would have known that a few albums later they would suck so bad?

Honestly, I think "Bottle Rocket" is one of THE worst albums I've ever heard.

2/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:29 pm

I'll say it again...Bottle Rocket ain't Metal...but it's a great Pop Rock album ala COLLECTIVE SOUL...
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:18 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

I don't think the vocals are 'wimpy' at all, but many people said that about Dokken too, and frankly that's what the vocals remind me of. Paul was a dead ringer for Don Dokken (only not a carbon copy, but unique). I love the vocals on this album, but then again - I love this style of melodic metal.

I love the music too, but I never thought Paul sounded like Don Dokken. Interesting comparison -will have to listen to both again to pick up on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Re-Issue News   Guardian Re-Issue  News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian Re-Issue News
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next