Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally some good news about Anthrax

Go down 
+26
Temple of Blood
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
7thSaviour
Gilbert
mc666
Eyesore
Svengo
Olafsto
exact33
ghost
manny
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
powermacho
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
Lurideath
sam
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Troublezone
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Finally some good news about Anthrax Empty
PostSubject: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:01 pm

I will be getting this.

"Among The Living", originally produced by Eddie Kramer and ANTHRAX, was the band's third full-length album and featured the lineup of singer Joey Belladonna, lead guitarist Dan Spitz, rhythm guitarist Scott Ian, bassist Frank Bello and drummer Charlie Benante. Building on an underground following with signature tracks such as "I Am The Law", "Caught In A Mosh" and "Indians", the album catapulted ANTHRAX to widespread recognition and earned the group's first gold award. "Among The Living" also marked the height of the band's use of horror and comic book inspirations, with the title track and album cover image based on the Stephen King novel "The Stand", "A Skeleton In The Closet" on King's novella "Apt Pupil", and "I Am The Law" on the comic book character Judge Dredd.

Added for the new "Among The Living (Deluxe Edition)" version are previously unreleased studio outtakes of "Indians", "One World" and "Imitation Of Life", an instrumental of "I'm The Man", a live-in-Dallas 1987 version of "I Am The Law", and "Bud E Luv Bomb And Satan's Lounge Band", originally released as the "I Am The Law" b-side. The bonus DVD is the live-in-London concert film "Oidivnikufesin (N.F.V.)", which went gold when issued on video in 1987. "This record was done at a time when life was moving so fast for us, and I think the music reflects that pace. I really enjoyed going back into 1986/87 and found some great stuff in my vault I had forgot about. I think ANTHRAX fans will enjoy this remastered collection; the high end and low end is back as how it was intended to sound. Thrash metal is alive and well in 'Among The Living'," says drummer Charlie Benante.

"Among The Living (Deluxe Edition)" track listing:

Disc One (CD):

Original Album

01. Among The Living
02. Caught In A Mosh
03. I Am The Law
04. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
05. A Skeleton In The Closet
06. Indians
07. One World
08. A.D.I./Horror Of It All
09. Imitations Of Life

Bonus Tracks

10. Indians (Alternate Lead)
11. One World (Alternate Take)
12. Imitation Of Life (Alternate Take)
13. Bud E Luv Bomb And Satan's Lounge Band
14. I Am The Law (Live in Dallas)
15. I'm The Man (Instrumental)

Disc Two (DVD):

"Oidivnikufesin (N.F.V.)"

Live in London 1987

01. Intro
02. Among The Living
03. Caught In A Mosh
04. Metal Thrashing Mad
05. I Am The Law
06. Madhouse
07. Indians
08. Medusa
09. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
10. Armed And Dangerous
11. A.I.R. / </B itxtvisited="1">I'm The Man</B itxtvisited="1"> / </B itxtvisited="1">A.I.R.</B itxtvisited="1">
12. Gung Ho

"Caught In A Mosh: BBC Live In Concert" track listing:

Disc One - Hammersmith Odeon February 15, 1987:

01. A.I.R.
02. Metal Thrashing Mad
03. Panic
04. The Enemy
05. I Am The Law
06. Madhouse
07. The Howling Furies
08. Medusa
09. Armed And Dangerous
10. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
11. God Save The Queen
12. Gung Ho

Disc Two - Donington Festival August 22, 1987:

01. Among The Living
02. Caught In The Mosh
03. Madhouse
04. I Am The Law
05. Medusa
06. Indians
07. God Save The Queen
08. A.I.R.
09. I'm The Man

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm

When this is released....

WHOOSH! IN THE VAULT IT GOES!

Finally some good news about Anthrax Headbang Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_biggrin Finally some good news about Anthrax 757633 Finally some good news about Anthrax 108889 Finally some good news about Anthrax 669452

Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_scratch

Sorry, wrong forum......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Whoooosh indeed!

Bud E. Lovebomb & Satan's Lounge Band. I have that 12" EP.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Whoooosh indeed!

What's that sound like?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Whoooosh indeed!

What's that sound like?

It's a goofy comedy sketch thing. It was on the B-side of the old "I AM THE LAW" single. I haven't heard it in years but I still have the tape somewhere.

Occasionally during their peak popularity years (i.e. AMONG through PERSISTENCE OF TIME) when they were playing larger venues, they'd still play occasional low-key gigs in small clubs under the assumed name "Satan's Lounge Band."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Sounds like a nice package they've put together, but I'll probably pass unless I found it dirt-cheap. The live/alternate bonus tracks aren't all that interesting to me and the dvd I'd probably never watch. Well, maybe once.

The remastering would be nice though.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:47 pm

In a little schools voice..... Like, this is soooo mine!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Whoop!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

The only draw back for me is the remastering. I wasn't too impressed with the Twisted Sister one (sound wise) loved the bonus tracks! It depends if they had a good engineer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Why hasn't anyone gotten busy remastering some of the old Overkill albums? Everything up to Years of Decay would sound killer with a Andy Sneap remastering.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Damn, I thought this was news they broke up. Well here's for wishful thinking I guess. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sounds like a nice package they've put together, but I'll probably pass unless I found it dirt-cheap. The live/alternate bonus tracks aren't all that interesting to me and the dvd I'd probably never watch. Well, maybe once.

Agreed 100%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:08 pm

I too will be a cheap bastard on this one.

I agree with Overkill needing some remasters though.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Unless it comes with puppies, food, and love, I refuse to buy an album I already have, regardless of how awesome the bonus discs may be.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think I'm with you on this. I just can't afford to get albums I already have just for bonus material or remastering right now.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:52 pm

Awesome!!!! Finally some good news about Anthrax Headbang Finally some good news about Anthrax Headbang Finally some good news about Anthrax Headbang Finally some good news about Anthrax Headbang
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:08 am

Schbopo wrote:
Unless it comes with puppies, food, and love, I refuse to buy an album I already have, regardless of how awesome the bonus discs may be.

It's okay man, you didn't buy the first one either, so feel free to go ahead and spend the money.

Finally some good news about Anthrax Lmao

Finally some good news about Anthrax Jk
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:23 am

I am like some other guys from the forum. I'll get it until I find it cheaper, just like the newest stay hungry re-re-reissue
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:06 am

Great! More albums to re-buy!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:40 pm

I was hoping this was news about a 'new' album ... not an old one.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:40 am

Former Anthrax frontman Dan Nelson has given his version of the events which led to his departure from the band. Talking to Classic Rock’s Malcolm Dome, Nelson also revealed his plans for the future.
MD: Let’s start with the claim from Anthrax that they had to cancel some shows earlier this year, because you told them you were seriously ill.
DN: Not true. I never said anything like that. The band decided to pull those dates, and then tried to blame me. I was ready to play the summer shows in Europe and do the Slipknot tour in America after that.
MD: Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian says that you quit the band, and they accepted your resignation. Is that what happened?
DN: I did not quit Anthrax. They fired me, and I only found out about it on the internet.
MD: Why did they do that? Was there an obvious problem between you and the rest of the band?
DN: Not that I was aware of. I thought things were going really well. A lot of people commented that this was the best Anthrax line-up they’d ever seen. Scott himself said I was the best singer he’d worked with – bar none. So, I don’t know what was in their minds. I haven’t spoken to any of them since July anyway.
MD: How do you feel now about the band?
DN: Look, I’m not at all bitter, and I hold no grudges. It’s their band and they have a right to do whatever they want. I genuinely wish them nothing but success. They’re family men who made a career decision, and I hope Anthrax gone on to great things. I feel what they now have to do is get back with John Bush – it’s the best option for them.
MD: What happens to Worship Music, the album you recorded with them? Will it ever come out?
DN: I don’t know. I hope so, because I really think it’s a strong record. But nothing can happen with it without my permission. I co-wrote all the songs on it, mostly with Charlie [Benante, drums].
MD: You’ve now moved on, and have a new project with Testament drummer Paul Bostaph. How did that come about?
DN: Paul saw me playing with Anthrax in Amsterdam earlier in the year, and when he heard I was free, he contacted me. We met up, and things have gone from there.
MD: What’s the style of the band?
DN: It’s thrashy and heavy, so will appeal to Anthrax and Testament fans. But has the groove and brutality of Pantera, and is also very melodic. The guitarist is a kid from the Bay Area named Jeremy Epp, who’s an unknown, but sensational. People are gonna love him. We’re currently auditioning bassists, and once we have the right person in place, we’ll get ourselves a name, demo some songs and take it from there.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:13 am

Another reissue of a classic album. This seems to be very popular theses days. Good for people that don't have the original. Dilema for us others who are not so determined to spend $$ for those bonus versions.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:31 am

ghost wrote:
Another reissue of a classic album. This seems to be very popular theses days. Good for people that don't have the original. Dilema for us others who are not so determined to spend $$ for those bonus versions.

It is a bit of a dilema but I refuse to shell out money for an album I have already purchased.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Wow, that was an interesting interview with Dan.

I wonder what really happened though. Somebody is lying.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Scott and Charlie are both whining crybabies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some good news about Anthrax   Finally some good news about Anthrax Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally some good news about Anthrax
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next