Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not good news today.

Go down 
+14
chewie
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
akeldama
nevermore
mc666
Shawn Of Fire
kmorg
exact33
Olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
Wargod
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Not good news today. Empty
PostSubject: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Well I had a feeling this day was coming and it did today!

My boss stopped by and talked to the 3 of us at work and explained what may happen. And we all kinda knew this was gonna happen. Work has really slowed down and they are trying to keep us busy. They have been bidding like crazy but they are not gonna lose money in bidding eventually you will not be a company. It seems that companies coming from over 300 miles are bidding jobs in our core area and getting and losing their butts.
It sucks it has come to this. Well he said that layoffs will most likely come and he will try to keep us busy if they can.

He said you may have to go on unemployment if they don't have work for us. Kinda bummed me out as well as the other 2 guys. With wiinter coming up the 3 of us also push snow for the company but if we are layed off or have moved on no snow removal for the company and that as well will shut down. Keeping an upbeat mind that we will survive but if not I will go unemployement if I get enough weekly. I figure if I cab get $350 a week I can make but I will not be buying anymore cds and my spending will be nil!

Not sure if I will keep my internet or not I'm thinking I will just to give me something to do. Also I can work up to 10 hrs a week and my weekly check will not be affected if that is the case and if they can give me 10 hrs a week i'll be fine until they get some more bids.

Our economy is good it's that these other companies out ruining it for us locals by bidding so low that they won't make a dime and we won't do that. Plus my boss is my brother-in-law so I'm sure he will do his best to keep us or at least try to get us some work.

I have only one time before drawn unemployment. Hopefully I can draw the max which will help.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 pm

I hope the best that can happen happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Wow really sorry to hear man. Hope things work out. What is it that you do? Sorry If you said it once before but I must have missed it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:19 pm

Man,sorryto hear that. Hope things start looking up for you.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:26 am

That sucks Wargod.
Hope things work out and your company gets some jobs!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:17 am

Hey WArgod,

Sorry to hear about things. I too hope your company gets more of the bids. Hang in there.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 am

My wife was laid off not long ago too. This sucks, Wargod.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:36 am

I hope it works out well for you man...keep your head up.

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:41 am

Sorry to hear, especially the no cd's part. Laughing Hope you get some work soon.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:41 pm

tough break, hope it works out positively.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:45 pm

That sucks. I hope that things will work out for you.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Well I forgot to say I do commercial construction and like I said we have a strong economy. It's just that these other companies are invading our space which sucks.

The good news today is I can live nice on unemployment so that was good news!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:40 pm

That sux man, too bad you're not here in Southern Colorado where the state colllege is doing some mass construction.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:02 pm

As much as I hate my job, stuff like this reminds me that I should be glad I have a job. Hope things work out for you.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:32 am

Sorry to hear that Wargod.Hopefully things will start looking up for ya.Things suck for alot of people right now due to the economy.Hopefully things will turn around soon.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:30 pm

Well 8 of us got the axe today. It sucks because we were under the impression that we possibly had a week or 2 according to my boss, but he basicallyhe hid the fact that today was our last day. To me he could have told us when he spoke to us mon. He talked with another guy we work with and he was told last night if we knew that today was our last day.

He told no they don't and that we had at least next week. He said I thought I made it clear mon! He did not mention that what so ever. To me he was a coward in not telling us today that it was our last day neither bosses told us they are brothers. Kinda shitty I think.

Well the people they layed off are all good intellegent workers except 2 IMO and most likely will lose them all. I'm not sure I'll return either, if something comes along close to what I make i'll take it. But as of now I will draw unemployment which actually is pretty good.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Well 8 of us got the axe today. It sucks because we were under the impression that we possibly had a week or 2 according to my boss, but he basicallyhe hid the fact that today was our last day. To me he could have told us when he spoke to us mon. He talked with another guy we work with and he was told last night if we knew that today was our last day.

He told no they don't and that we had at least next week. He said I thought I made it clear mon! He did not mention that what so ever. To me he was a coward in not telling us today that it was our last day neither bosses told us they are brothers. Kinda shitty I think.

Well the people they layed off are all good intellegent workers except 2 IMO and most likely will lose them all. I'm not sure I'll return either, if something comes along close to what I make i'll take it. But as of now I will draw unemployment which actually is pretty good.

Wargod51

more cd listening time!!

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:44 pm

If it's just a short time of unemployment that can be ok but I hope you get a job soon.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:56 pm

I went out an apllied for a job today at the beet plant!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 pm

The what?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:19 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
The what?

They got the beet Smile

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Not good news today. A2970114-48-drooling-homer-simpson
mmmmmmm........beet.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Hey Wargod, start making those cd racks and start selling them!!! I will gladly purchase one....or two!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Sorry to hear that. I hope that the unemployment is going to be enough for your bills, and That you don't have to cut the internet. You could cut cable, and get Netflix if you really need to watch tv, It's $9 a month, instead of $60 or more for local cable.

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:07 am

TheNazgul wrote:
The what?

The Beet plant, it's a sugar beet plant that processes beets for the sugar. The sugar here is used to make Brachs candy and some even goes into sugar packets.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not good news today.   Not good news today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not good news today.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next