Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)

Go down 
+10
Wurthless
Temple of Blood
exact33
speed101
rawr!
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mc666
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
Lurideath
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Empty
PostSubject: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 am

After 4 times of booking and postponing due to various issues (family, studio overbooking, etc), we finally get into the studio this Sunday to start recording our comeback 3 song EP "Spawn of Evil". It's very dark and pretty damn evil! Some of you will like it, some won't. I'm doing this for me anyways. There are parts that you can hear the old band with, but the other parts are more the direction I have wanted to go for quite awhile. We will be releasing this for FREE to get our name back out there again. It really worked with our demo, so I am hopeful it will work with this new EP.

The song titles are: Spawn of Evil, Aggressive Psychotic Behavior and Centuries of Hell.

We are also getting new shirts made in the near future that famed artist Mark Riddick is doing! VERY COOL art I will say. We are also using this art for the cover of the EP.

We'll be filming a music video as well in late June or early July. Should be interesting!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:59 am

Are you sticking with the thrash metal sound, or are you going for a different approach musically?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:11 am

Its a perfect mix of thrash and death metal. Sick of playing just regular old thrash. I have to advance myself and play something more aggressive and angry.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:18 am

We were talking about going this route anyways after the Death Brigade album so now I am making it happen!
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 am

I want a t shirt.... Let me know when they will be availavble.... Good for you bro...Looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 12:28 pm

glad to hear you're getting even more extreme.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Groovy, get down, solid, farout, right on, righteous dammit!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:01 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Groovy, get down, solid, farout, right on, righteous dammit!

Indeed. Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) 11840

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:29 pm

cant wait for more, and this sounds really promising.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 am

Sounds like there goning too heavy for me as im not into death metal.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:42 pm

ill give it a listen. I have always enjoyed AoB.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Congrats on the new members/EP. Look forward to checking it out.

I don't blame you one bit for changing your sound. The retro thrash scene is way too crowded now with too many bands playing similar things.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:42 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The retro thrash scene is way too crowded now with too many bands playing similar things.

TOO many is simply not possible....
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:45 pm

I agree as i love the Retro Thrash bands.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah its MUCH heavier and faster than our past works. Every song is aver 220 bpm but there is still quite a bit of our old style still in the music. The vocals are double as harsh as they used to be as are the riffs. Like I said, some will like it and some won't. Regardless, I really don't care either way. A LOT of my anger is coming out on this release.

@ Temple: Thanks dude! I do agree. There are way too many "thrash" bands playing the exact same thing and I just want to move on from that a bit. I will always be a thrasher, but I am just not into these new bands much as I feel I have heard everything already. Plus I am sick and tired of being called a Kreator clone. There were similarities, but it wasn't that much of a copycat type thing there.

@ MC: Dude, you will love it I can promise that! We think a lot a like and love the same bands for the most part anyways. Its right up your alley!

@ Glenn: For sure dude! Maybe trade for a Heretic or Viking shirt!
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm pretty excited to hear the new stuff. Are there any bands you could compare this one to, LD?
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:53 pm

So your going out n out death metal?
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 5:56 pm

Why call yourself a thrash band before then if u didnt wanna be lumped in with those bands?lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Plus I am sick and tired of being called a Kreator clone. There were similarities, but it wasn't that much of a copycat type thing there.

I never heard the "Kreator Clone" thing. But, you yourself Shannon, were self-proclaimed "Germanic Thrash". And one of the first US bands of the new century to bring it back. There is sooooo no shame in THAT!! Remember, I saw you guys open the MMMI [sorry about the bs tech difficulties], and everyone there was blown away.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Ill always love Avenger Of Bloods first 2 cds.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't have as much of a problem with the retro thrash bands' style as I do the lack of great songs IMHO.

But it does seem like for a scene with that many bands/releases that more bands should be trying to naturally take that 80s thrash scene forward in style eventually.

That's what we're trying to do anyway. Our new stuff doesn't sound like it came from 1988. How successful we are at making good songs is up for the listener to decide.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:33 pm

I can Agree Temple Of Blood.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Yeah its MUCH heavier and faster than our past works. Every song is aver 220 bpm but there is still quite a bit of our old style still in the music. The vocals are double as harsh as they used to be as are the riffs. Like I said, some will like it and some won't. Regardless, I really don't care either way. A LOT of my anger is coming out on this release.

By these comments I am very much looking forward to hearing this!
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I don't have as much of a problem with the retro thrash bands' style as I do the lack of great songs IMHO.

But it does seem like for a scene with that many bands/releases that more bands should be trying to naturally take that 80s thrash scene forward in style eventually.

That's what we're trying to do anyway. Our new stuff doesn't sound like it came from 1988. How successful we are at making good songs is up for the listener to decide.

Just my opinion, but - Lazarus A.D.:
The Onslaught [F'ing slayed!!!!!!!! 2007]
Black Rivers Flow [2011 - progressing.....sorry - no shirt, no shoes, no dice].
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Of course, those that know me will expect the above. I will support Shannon regardless of his musical direction because he is a kickass human. And you should too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)   Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avenger of Blood news (FINALLY!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next