Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer

Go down 
+3
Wargod
metalinmyveins
akeldama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 3:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngL61u1Avk
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 pm

akeldama wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bngL61u1Avk

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to check this out. I heard about this project a couple of months ago, when someone posted it at this site. Unfortunately, when I went to watch it, the vid had been removed.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 7:11 pm

I saw this about a month ago!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:00 pm

It was kewl seeing Randy's mom Laughing

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:03 pm

I heard about this over a year ago and i can't wait to finally see it. Randy was awesome.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:08 pm

I am hoping they have ALOT of the older Quiet Riot footage Laughing Be nice to see if I made an appearance or two.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Thank you for posting this video I am looking forward to seeing this documentary, btw James I never got to see Randy Rhoads perform, did you meet him? If you did, What was he like and what was like it too watch him perform live?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:05 pm

manny wrote:
Thank you for posting this video I am looking forward to seeing this documentary, btw James I never got to see Randy Rhoads perform, did you meet him? If you did, What was he like and what was like it too watch him perform live?

when I was in my mid teens... I was drumming in a band called Lethal Dose (starting in 79') We payed a few times at The Starwood and other places on the same bill as Quiet Riot. When I wasn't onstage, I had to sit outside by the back door so that the club owner wouldn't get in trouble. The only thing Randy ever said to me personaly was along the lines of "you're in that band from Berdoo, right?, and you're only 14" and he shook his head and walked away. I watched his funeral from a roof top of a friends house adjacent to the cemetary in my hometown through binoch's. He is what alot of folks say. Somebody on a different plane music wise and was taken away way too young.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:49 am

James B. wrote:
manny wrote:

when I was in my mid teens... I was drumming in a band called Lethal Dose (starting in 79') We payed a few times at The Starwood and other places on the same bill as Quiet Riot. When I wasn't onstage, I had to sit outside by the back door so that the club owner wouldn't get in trouble. The only thing Randy ever said to me personaly was along the lines of "you're in that band from Berdoo, right?, and you're only 14" and he shook his head and walked away. I watched his funeral from a roof top of a friends house adjacent to the cemetary in my hometown through binoch's. He is what alot of folks say. Somebody on a different plane music wise and was taken away way too young.

Damn James, you never cease to amaze me with your experiences & stories regarding L.A/the bands/the scene, etc... The fact that you had just a brief conversation with Randy Rhoads, and the fact that he paid you a huge compliment, is a "Jaw dropping" moment in my opinion. WOW! Keep the cool stories coming.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 1:41 pm

James B. wrote:
manny wrote:

Man what an experience that musta been.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Damnit! The video is deleted!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Damnit! The video is deleted!

that is lame

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:20 pm

akeldama wrote:
James B. wrote:
manny wrote:

Man what an experience that musta been.

When it happened it was just a local musician saying something to me, kinda/sorta a compliment ? It didn't have any significance till I saw Blizzard of Ozz and Motorhead. Then when Randy was killed it became a "special" memory for me. Funny how a mere split second occurrance can be a lifelong memory to one person and more than likely not even be remembered by the other.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:18 am

Thank you for sharing your cool story, James. When I got into Ozzy Osbourne, Randy Rhoads had already been dead a year, so I never got the privilege to see him live. As a matter fact it was not til many years after his death did I finally saw any clips of Randy Rhoads playing live on a VHS copy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer   Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Randy Rhoads Documentary Trailer
Page 1 of 1