Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church call it quits!

Go down 
+24
Gilbert
ghost
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
sovdat
Leatherface
manny
Stender
tohostudios
MetalFRO
Fat Freddy
7thSecond
Troublezone
Required Fields
jstate
SideShowDisaSter
Rex
Lurideath
XYZ
A Handful of Wayne
powermacho
Temple of Blood
mez
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Metal Church call it quits! Empty
PostSubject: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:38 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=123255

Seattle, Washington-based metallers METAL CHURCH have released the following statements:

"To all of our fans and friends...

"We regretfully announce that METAL CHURCH is calling it quits.

"The performance at Rocklahoma
will be our last show. We have had to cancel the shows scheduled for
August and that, among other things, has led us to have to make this
decision.

"There has been far too much frustration and
disappointment in trying to keep moving forward. The collapse of our
record company, SPV,
has made it next to impossible for us to continue in any kind of
professional manner due to lack of tour support. This decision was not
made lightly.

"We do have unfinished business in the studio, and with any luck we will have something that will be of interest to METAL CHURCH fans in the near future.

"We would like to thank all the fans that have stuck with METAL CHURCH through all these years, the lineup changes and the ups and downs.

"We can't tell you how much your support has meant to us, we appreciate each and every one of you.

"It's been a great ride."

"This Present Wasteland", the latest album from METAL CHURCH, sold 920 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Worse news ever this year besides hometown Billy Mays dieing ( I know they are apples and oranges). However Metal Church was one of those bands that I just owned everything they did and loved all of it, including Ronny Monroe's solo album. I think it is a shame that this past album only sold 920 albums its first week of release. Anyhow, I hope they have some chance of coming back down the road, or at least that Ronny Monroe keeps doing solo albums. Very bad news indeed.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Sad

I wonder how many more SPV acts will quit too. ANNIHILATOR?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:25 pm

I was going to get my tickets for metal church today. This is very sad. They are one of my favorite bands, I never got the chance to see them. I hope they come back
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Wow that sucks. I just started getting into them too.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Yeah it is bad news, but I dont get the SPV reference. Do they mean that SPV didnt support them or did SPV go under recently?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:08 pm

Can't expect a band to last forever. Glad that they lasted this long, though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:13 pm

SPV declared bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:22 pm

I kinda already knew about this but kept it secret. These guys RULE and always will be a class act! Everyone in the band is very cool and awesome musicians.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm more surprised at SPV going under. Wow that seems like a shocker to me.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Sad

I wonder how many more SPV acts will quit too. ANNIHILATOR?

I thought Annihilator was on Locomotive, and that SPV was just the distributor? Or is Locomotive a sub-label of SPV?

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:40 pm

Smurf. Another quality band down the tubes. IMO, This band is definitely a victim of people who download. It's a ripple effect. Required Fields downloads the new MC album a month before it comes out and then doesn't buy it. Ever. SPV makes no money, which means MC makes no money, which means Kurdt Vanderfhoof goes back to work at the steel mill full time because he's blown through his entire life's savings to keep this band afloat for the past 10 years. This blows.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:54 pm

This Present Wasteland deserved to sell much more than 920 copies it's first week. Really all of their releases should have been bigger sellers. Sad news indeed about them having to call it quits. Hopefully somehow down the road they can come back.

Horrible about SPV too.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28453

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:01 pm

Quite a shame. I never even got to see them perform live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:13 pm

This sucks! I was going to see them soon...
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:23 pm

I guess I am not to surprised about it, I remember when blabbermouth posted the sales for This Present Wasteland last year and I commented on how shame it is that it was not much higher.

Then Kurt hurt his back and needed to rehab it, so there was no tour since it had to be canceled. Then Ronny said that he couldnt sit around waiting for a tour so he went right back to the studio and made a solo album. I am hoping he is finding more success on that great album then the last MC album did. I personally think he is a fantastic singer and still plenty young enough to give us much more.

Last edited by mez on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:30 pm

I really want them to come back someday, and very soon. They are or were one of the best bands out there, and one of the most influential bands of heavy metal
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39603

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 pm

DAMMIT !!

That is TERRIBLE news. One of my all-time favorites. Sad to see them go. Here's hoping that they can somehow get it back together someday.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Not to suprised or upset really. They haven't put out anything real good since the third album, though Masterpeace was o.k. Those first three sure were great though. R.I.P. Wayne
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Sucks, but somehow not surprising...between the constant lineup shifts during the "new era" and now their record company imploding, something had to give.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:02 pm

^^ Yeah, sucks but not a surprise. I never really thought Ronnie's voice gelled w/ the sound of the band, and I'm guessing the metal masses didn't either. Too bad, with a different vocalist they may have held more interest of late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:02 pm

Rex wrote:
I'm more surprised at SPV going under. Wow that seems like a shocker to me.

Personally, SPV going under sucks way more for me.

Never was a big Metal Church fan but a lot of bands I like are on the SPV label.

That sucks!! angry

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Not the least of which is:

<------------------------

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Not the least of which is:

<------------------------

All I see is a girl with a cat avatar over there.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:27 pm

What a shame. Metal church ruled.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:38 pm

What a shame but I am not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church call it quits!   Metal Church call it quits! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church call it quits!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next