Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Metal has officially died...

Go down 
+22
Leatherface
Conservationist
DeathCult
Stender
GrandNational
James B.
SlaytanicPOWER
Onkel Ben
kmorg
mc666
nevermore
Temple of Blood
Thrasher73
T-Roy
XYZ
sheets
Shiney
manny
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Troublezone
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Black Metal has officially died... Empty
PostSubject: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:50 am

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/05/22/twilight-star-jackson-rathbone-signs-on-for-black-metal-flick/

Black Metal has officially died... 927150
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 am

Quote :
Twilight actor Jackson Rathbone is set to appear in the upcoming film Lords of Chaos, portraying Varg Vikernes, former frontman for Norwegian black metal outfit Burzum.

In Twilight, Rathbone plays Jasper Hale, a vampire with little to no self-control, so his next role should be something of a breeze. Vikernes remains behind bars in a Norwegian prison for the 1993 murder of Mayhem guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) as well as the torching of three churches. According to Blabbermouth.net, the film, based on the Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind’s book of the same name, will be directed by Sion Sono and center around the black metal subculture of the early 1990s, which sparked a wave of grisly murders and church fires across Norway.

The flick starts production in Norway this September following three years of delays prompted by a lack of funding. Chances are the film will not be getting two thumbs up from Vikernes who, in 2004, took to the Burzum Web site to chide the book’s authors.

Calling the book “a pool of mud,” Vikernes claimed, “the vast majority of all the statements made in this book are either misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best. This includes the statements attributed to me.

“This book serves only one single purpose and that is to create a myth around my name and to mystify me,” he said. “If that was their objective, they have indeed succeeded with their work. The authors have managed to fill the heads of a generation of metal fans with lies. What could have been a righteous revolt has been made into some pathetic, embarrassing, brain-dead, impotent and traditional poser-culture.”

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:02 am

lame

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:07 am

Good Riddance cheers
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 am

Troublezone wrote:
Good Riddance cheers

That was basically my thought when I read this thread title.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 am

"OMG! Like, the Twilight hottie is gonna play Varg? That's sooooo LOL!"

...but seriously folks (or maybe not so seriously): imagine if this movie becomes a hit. Black Metal could crash the Billboard Top 10. Teenage girls will be walking around the mall in Burzum and Emperor shirts. Hot Topic cashiers will start sporting facepaint on the job. Varg Vikernes Halloween costumes for the kiddies!

...wouldn't that be freakin AWESOME?? Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 am

I remember reading that Johnny Rotten had wanted Justin Timberlake to play him in a biopic of the Sex Pistols career, I think Mr Rotten was being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:10 am

This can't be good for Metal in general...no matter what you may think of Black Metal...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:17 am

I have always loathed Black Metal...so this means nothing to me.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:26 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
This can't be good for Metal in general...no matter what you may think of Black Metal...

I'm thinking it'll hardly make a blip if/when it comes out. Maybe it's because of the Japanese auteur directing it who's never made a mainstream American film before, but I'm thinking this will probably go straight to dvd and only people already interested in metal will care.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 am

tohostudios wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Good Riddance cheers

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"OMG! Like, the Twilight hottie is gonna play Varg? That's sooooo LOL!"

...but seriously folks (or maybe not so seriously): imagine if this movie becomes a hit. Black Metal could crash the Billboard Top 10. Teenage girls will be walking around the mall in Burzum and Emperor shirts. Hot Topic cashiers will start sporting facepaint on the job. Varg Vikernes Halloween costumes for the kiddies!

...wouldn't that be freakin AWESOME?? Laughing very hard
I could be happy in this world I think!! Black Metal has officially died... 604261
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 am

tohostudios wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Good Riddance cheers

My thoughts as well
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:21 am

Troublezone wrote:
Good Riddance cheers
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:15 pm

sheets wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I'm thinking it'll hardly make a blip if/when it comes out. Maybe it's because of the Japanese auteur directing it who's never made a mainstream American film before, but I'm thinking this will probably go straight to dvd and only people already interested in metal will care.

I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:31 pm

nevermore wrote:
sheets wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I agree.

That is true...it probably will go straight to DVD...or they'll market it as an MTV-style "horror" film...with the murder, the alleged eating of brains, the music, the corpse-paint, etc...then say "based on a true story"...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:42 pm

this will bomb... as it should.

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Once again Hollywood shows it has it's finger on the pulse of the world by producing a movie about a genre of music that is 15 years past it's heyday.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Varg is out of prison these days, so maybe he'll hunt them down (Varg means Wolf, you know...) :p

I remember all the Euronymous fans stating they'd off Varg as soon as he was free from jail. Guess 16 years was a little too long to wait for them?

Metal novice
Metal novice
Onkel Ben

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 pm

As if this will really affect the mainstream audience at all.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:50 pm

R.I.P.

Even black metal and all of it's church burning, goat decapitating, blood drinking, debaucher filled unholiness ; isn't Hollywood proof.

Which isn't a bad thing, now it's in Hell where it wants to be Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 pm

I am sure this movie will be as clueless as pile of steaming poop 'Rock Star'
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:57 pm

I always thought that Seventh Seal was "black metal"
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Booooo. It's just gonna make a silly genre even more sillier.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:25 pm

The next killing by the hands of Varg is going to be that stupid twat from twilight....you just wait and see.

Sidenote, I have a burzum T-shirt that has Varg on the front with this huge buck knife that says "coming to a church near you" on the front and has the 93' European tour map on the back. I dont like black metal outside of burzum but that shirt was too humorous to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal has officially died...   Black Metal has officially died... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Metal has officially died...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next